1924 39 2017-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309144 ft
Norway

Hey !
This is a fantastic machine ! But what happen to me yesterday wasnt so funny. Total loss og GPS signal i several minuts. Some wind made the drone drift allot in Atti mode. I have allot of other GPS based things , drones planes ,and they dont loss GPS like this... Is this a firmware issue ?  I made the Mavic home but I dont think a newbie would. The fligthlog is uploaded.

Thanks
SOV

2017-3-27
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Experiences like this used to be fairly common but I hadn't heard of one in a while before today.

The fligthlog is uploaded.

Can you provide a link to it?
2017-3-27
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-27 05:26
Experiences like this used to be fairly common but I hadn't heard of one in a while before today.

The fligthlog is uploaded.

I will try, by Healtydrones
2017-3-27
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

videosnoken 7 Posted at 2017-3-27 06:13
I will try, by Healtydrones

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zt3b0 ... LkU8PefM4Ww3Ra?dl=0
Is this working...
2017-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

videosnoken 7 Posted at 2017-3-27 08:56
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zt3b0iqx9tr3fk4/AABz_fDvadILkU8PefM4Ww3Ra?dl=0
Is this working...

Not working for me try airdata.
2017-3-27
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

What firmware are you using as I thought the latest firmware had cured this fault as I havent dropped into ATTI otherwise known as BATTI mode on the MAVIC since the day of the latest update
2017-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you are on the latest firmware and please don't rely on any information from Healthy Drones as they cannot correctly decode the data.
Connect the Mavic to the Assistant2 and upload the DAT file of that flight to Dropbox and I'll forward to R&D to see if they see anything unusual.
2017-3-27
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-27 10:14
Make sure you are on the latest firmware and please don't rely on any information from Healthy Drones as they cannot correctly decode the data.
Connect the Mavic to the Assistant2 and upload the DAT file of that flight to Dropbox and I'll forward to R&D to see if they see anything unusual.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zt3b0 ... LkU8PefM4Ww3Ra?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zt3b0 ... LkU8PefM4Ww3Ra?dl=0
2017-3-27
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

Should be here ! It is the latest software.
Thanks
2017-3-27
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

videosnoken 7 Posted at 2017-3-27 10:35
Thanks

Software 4.0.5
2017-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

videosnoken 7 Posted at 2017-3-27 10:35
Thanks

If you want Ken to see your logs, just click on reply under his post and he will see it much quicker.
2017-3-27
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

2017-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

videosnoken 7 Posted at 2017-3-27 11:14

That is not it, that's the TXT file (less then 2 megs).
I need the DAT file and it should be a few hundred megs.
2017-3-27
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-27 11:19
That is not it, that's the TXT file (less then 2 megs).
I need the DAT file and it should be a few hundred megs.

Okay, I will try to find that.
2017-3-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

videosnoken 7 Posted at 2017-3-27 11:24
Okay, I will try to find that.

Connect to the Assistant2, click Mavic, click Flight Data, click Confirm, then wait a few seconds and the log files will populate and choose the correct DAT file.
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Capture4.JPG
2017-3-27
Use props
harfordhawk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18668 ft
United States

please share the results when DJI reviews it.  I have had this problem as well.
2017-3-27
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

I tried the Asistent 2 but no sd card and flihgt log showed up. I will try with another computer. I have been busy with my work last 2 days but I will retry and post any feedback from Dji.
2017-3-29
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

Are you using the latest firmware as I thought this issue was solved.
I had this twice but not since the day of the latest firmware update.
2017-3-29
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

I'm bumping all these. Dji, this is a dangerous problem and it's widespread and worse is laymem don't understand it and think they are getting a"flyaway"
2017-3-30
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

The Rev Posted at 2017-3-29 14:19
Are you using the latest firmware as I thought this issue was solved.
I had this twice but not since the day of the latest firmware update.

Yes it is the latest firmware.
2017-3-30
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1kxz ... Fj6b1UsakCOUYa?dl=0

Here should the complete Flight log be. I think it is 2 files.
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

videosnoken 7 Posted at 2017-4-1 05:28
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1kxz6y7ou7lxln/AAA-uJc__hkFj6b1UsakCOUYa?dl=0

Here should the complete Flight log be. I think it is 2 files.

Great thanks, I'll forward this on and have them look at it to.
2017-4-1
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-1 07:59
Great thanks, I'll forward this on and have them look at it to.

Ken,

Quick question I've posted in other areas with no response from MODs concerning apps and FW. Is it OK to use older FW with newer apps?
  I have not had issues running .04 FW with the latest iOS app, but maybe just lucky. I assume OK as FW and apps typically don't come out together as a matched pair, or never saw anything indicating we had to update.  Some pilots have apps that auto update, and just ignore the message on newer FW, or maybe want to wait to see feedsbsck on new changes in FW, so I'm sure there are many out there with this situation.

Other than not enabling new features, will there be compatibility issues that could cause major issues? If not sure, could you please ask the engineers on this?   You always ask about the latest FW and App revs, as earlier in this thread, and wondering if there could be possible problems for not using the latest revs of each together.

Thanks for being an advocate for us!
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-4-1 15:10
Ken,

Quick question I've posted in other areas with no response from MODs concerning apps and FW. Is it OK to use older FW with newer apps?

You should really be in the latest firmware update for the best experience, newer updates resolves some things that some users experience so they resolve them in later firmware updates.
2017-4-1
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-1 15:24
You should really be in the latest firmware update for the best experience, newer updates resolves some things that some users experience so they resolve them in later firmware updates.

Thanks for the quick response!
I understand that, but  can not running the latest Fw, but running the latest app cause any problems other then new features, or possible fixes not being available? In the case of the latest app rev, it was obvious that something was different after it updated because the splash screen was different, but if this was not the case I may have not noticed it leading to possible incompatibility issues.
Thanks
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-4-1 15:26
Thanks for the quick response!
I understand that, but will not running the latest Fw, but running the latest app cause any problems other then new features, or possible fixes not being available?
Thanks

Whatever fixes are in the later firmware will not be applied to your aircraft. If you ever had an crash and later firmware would have taken care of it then you'll be responsible to pay for the repair.
So it's always best to be on the latest app and firmware.
2017-4-1
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-1 15:34
Whatever fixes are in the later firmware will not be applied to your aircraft. If you ever had an crash and later firmware would have taken care of it then you'll be responsible to pay for the repair.
So it's always best to be on the latest app and firmware.

Makes sense!

On the flip side, hopefully DJi has, and will repair crashes or losses that were not the  fault of the pilot because of changes that were added to firmware updates that were not made transparent.  A prime example of this is  a change in  FW .05  not being able to intuitively cancel auto land with up throttle (as in the previous FWs) as it goes into auto land,  that may happen because of incorrect reading by the sensors. Especially bad over water. Thankfully the Mavic community quickly came to the rescue finding workarounds, but not soon enough for some.
There are a lot of pilots that understandably don't want to, or are very hesitant to upgrade FW if everything appears to be working fine. Full transparency on all changes would go a long way toward fixing this. There's an unfortunate and understandable distrust amongst many pilots  on moving forward with FW, especially after issues like that mentioned above. We urge your engineering group to be 100% upfront with all changes in the release notes so it's not a guessing game.

2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-4-1 16:01
Makes sense!

On the flip side, hopefully DJi has, and will repair crashes or losses that were not the  fault of the pilot because of changes that were added to firmware updates that were not made transparent.  A prime example of this is  a change in  FW .05  not being able to intuitively cancel auto land with up throttle (as in the previous FWs) as it goes into auto land,  that may happen because of incorrect reading by the sensors. Especially bad over water. Thankfully the Mavic community quickly came to the rescue finding workarounds, but not soon enough for some.

The firmware release notes lists the public firmware changes.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
2017-4-1
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-1 16:23

Thanks Ken

Yes I had read that but the changes are not all inclusive and don't mention anything about changes that lead to the above issues. In all fairness, it probably just wasn't properly communicated from the software team to the technical writers.  I don't believe these omissions are done on purpose, there just appears to be an internal communications problem that needs to change  to allow the public to view all changes made that could effect the safety of operating the AC. This could have also been a change inadvertently made while making other changes, but should have been discovered with field testing prior to launch. Anyhow...thanks again for all the help you offer! Much appreciated.
2017-4-1
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
United States

I took a quick look at your flight log. What you experienced was similar to what several before you have experienced where the number of lines shown in the dji Go App for the GPS dropped (GPS Health), but the number of Satellites remained high. You experienced TBE (spiraling uncontrollably with no input from the pilot)  several times after the initial drop into Atti. I have no doubt what you experienced would have been hard to control and a new pilot may not have made it back....so good work!

It looks like you may have done a compass calibration from an area with high magnetic influence (maybe even close to a vehicle) because after the Mavic  moved from this area, some of the magnetic readings changed, where they should have remained close, at least on straightaways. Maybe perform a clean compass calibration away from all magnetic influences and fly from another area? I'd also perform a clean IMU. Even when considering the above change when leaving home, some of the other changes seemed excessive which may have also had something to do with dropping into ATTI. Will be interesting to see what the dji engineers have to say. Please let us know because these gps drops are still occuring with the latest updates. Scary when it happens for no appearent reason.
2017-4-2
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-4-2 06:45
I took a quick look at your flight log. What you experienced was similar to what several before you have experienced where the number of lines shown in the dji Go App for the GPS dropped (GPS Health), but the number of Satellites remained high. You experienced TBE (spiraling uncontrollably with no input from the pilot)  several times after the initial drop into Atti. I have no doubt what you experienced would have been hard to control and a new pilot may not have made it back....so good work!

It looks like you may have done a compass calibration from an area with high magnetic influence (maybe even close to a vehicle) because after the Mavic  moved from this area, some of the magnetic readings changed, where they should have remained close, at least on straightaways. Maybe perform a clean compass calibration away from all magnetic influences and fly from another area? I'd also perform a clean IMU. Even when considering the above change when leaving home, some of the other changes seemed excessive which may have also had something to do with dropping into ATTI. Will be interesting to see what the dji engineers have to say. Please let us know because these gps drops are still occuring with the latest updates. Scary when it happens for no appearent reason.

I calibrated the compass in an open gras field. My phone was even 10 meter away. Today I made a new compass calibration. I flow 5 batteries  and everything worked fine
2017-4-2
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-4-2 06:45

I tried Gps mode and Sport mode and everything worked superb !! I think it will be better to select Sport mode then this crayzy Atti mode. As you said the Mavic was going into this spiral with no or little control. and when you had control it was wery sluggish. I worked hard to get it home. But today everything was just fine !!
Firmware V01.03.0500
2017-4-2
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
United States

videosnoken 7 Posted at 2017-4-2 12:13
I tried Gps mode and Sport mode and everything worked superb !! I think it will be better to select Sport mode then this crayzy Atti mode. As you said the Mavic was going into this spiral with no or little control. and when you had control it was wery sluggish. I worked hard to get it home. But today everything was just fine !!
Firmware V01.03.0500

Glad to hear all went fine.  Something appeared to be a bit off in the area where you calibrated causing a few anomalies shown in the flight log.  The source of the magnetism may not always be obvious.  Atti mode is something that is selected for you by the AC when something goes wrong, or when something  unpredicted occurs, when in Gps Atti or sport mode. It's really suppose to be a safety measure instead of the AC totally losing control when the flight controller doesn't know how to deal with information from the various  sensors..   It is not selectable in the Mavic as in other models. Had you not calibrated at your new location, so long as your were not a long distance from your previous location, you probably would have been fine.  
Now we want to see some video of Norway. I've heard it's beautiful!
2017-4-2
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-4-1 16:01
Makes sense!

+1 here, DJI, this was reasonable request. thx for following.
2017-4-2
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-1 16:23

Ken, thanks for helping within these threads I am really glad for your support to many members here.
This time I had to react on fans06b77ccc's request for DJI to transparently describe all fetures and behavior modifiactions implemented in FW updates.

BTW the changelog you provided is not mentioning any word about the Autolanding behavior correction or change.

And as reported by some people here the Autolanding policy was obviously changed. So I guess this would be really appreciated by all the community if the future change logs are written in more detail with maximal respect to potential impact of ecah change (whenever it can result in some damage or increase of a safety risk).
Thank you for informing your engineering guys as well...
2017-4-2
Use props
madispuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133957 ft
Estonia

I have had the same experience multiple times, but always after switching between sport and normal mode. After being in sport mode for some time and switching back, Mavic looses GPS (nr of satellites still high), switch into ATTI mode and then wind pushes it to go into circles/drifting. Still not sure why it's happening. GPS will be back in about 30sec-1minute average. I will just bring Mavic high above the trees so it wouldn't crash. DJI never explained it although there has been tons of people reporting it. Maybe a tough issue.
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

madispuk Posted at 2017-4-3 00:02
I have had the same experience multiple times, but always after switching between sport and normal mode. After being in sport mode for some time and switching back, Mavic looses GPS (nr of satellites still high), switch into ATTI mode and then wind pushes it to go into circles/drifting. Still not sure why it's happening. GPS will be back in about 30sec-1minute average. I will just bring Mavic high above the trees so it wouldn't crash. DJI never explained it although there has been tons of people reporting it. Maybe a tough issue.

If you are on the latest firmware and from going to Sports mode to normal mode and you're losing GPS for 30 seconds and it's drifting in circles then there is something wrong.
Calibrate the compass, IMU correctly to see if it resolves it.
If not, then connect to the Aissistant 2 and restore to factory defaults or refresh the firmware.
If it still loses GPS for 30 seconds then send it in for evaluation/ repair.
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-4-3
Use props
videosnoken 7
lvl.2
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-3 06:23
If you are on the latest firmware and from going to Sports mode to normal mode and you're losing GPS for 30 seconds and it's drifting in circles then there is something wrong.
Calibrate the compass, IMU correctly to see if it resolves it.
If not, then connect to the Aissistant 2 and restore to factory defaults or refresh the firmware.

Hello Ken
Did you get any feedback  on my flightlogs ? I am now on the 600 firmware and everything work fine. Many batteries flown and no loss of gps.
Thanks
2017-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

videosnoken 7 Posted at 2017-4-22 02:52
Hello Ken
Did you get any feedback  on my flightlogs ? I am now on the 600 firmware and everything work fine. Many batteries flown and no loss of gps.
Thanks

No I have not, sorry.
2017-4-22
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

madispuk Posted at 2017-4-3 00:02

Had that happen after sports mode, but it doesn't drop into atti here. The op has a last year model like ours. His serial shows it was made dec 28.
2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules