Phantom 4 Pro Crash
772 6 2017-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wickaudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280518 ft
United States

Can someone explain how to look at crash logs?
I had a unfortunate crash with my Pro slamming into a bridge and drop into a river. Unfortunately the current was too stong, and gone for good.

I would like to see if I can tell why the object avoidance system did not stop the drone.

Thanks, Chad
2017-3-27
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117697 ft
United States

I am completely guessing here, but if you were flying full speed the obstacle avoidance system may not have had enough time to sense the obstacle and do anything to stop it. I think it can only see about 30 feet in either direction. Again, this is a total guess.
2017-3-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You might upload your flight log here:  

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

and then paste the url here.  

Sorry for your loss
2017-3-27
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Is there a video available?
2017-3-27
Use props
wickaudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280518 ft
United States

Unfortunately I have no video. I was actually going pretty slow. A gust of wind got it (I was up about 80') and slammed into the bridge.

Thank for the link Mark The Droner - I will try that tonight. I have the Pro+ controller, so I will poke around for the logs.
2017-3-27
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

If it was wind that slammed it into the bridge, then I don't see how the obstacle avoidance system can have anything to do with this.  The aircraft would have already been attempting to counteract the wind and get back to where it belonged based on GPS/IRS alone, right?  If it can't do so, then it can't.  An additional "vote" from the OAS wouldn't magically make it go faster against the wind.
2017-3-27
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

I do not fly with ANY reliance on the OAS. I personally would rather DJI concentrate more on their gimbal and camera aspects than OAS.
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules