Video playback lag
1183 5 2017-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyringsquirrel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Pilots,

Forgive the newbie please. Generic question on its way.

On standard settings whilst recording Video the footage appears lagged when viewed back on my Laptop (a normal run of the mill machine). I hear that some devices struggle playing this high quality video.

Can anybody suggest a setting that allows for a ‘decent enough’ quality video that will be viewable on the Laptop? If so where can I find these settings?

I am a more photography type of fellow but having some viewable video would be nice.

Many thanks,

Edward
2017-3-27
Use props
BluePowerMF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

I have a 2011 Macbook Pro and that struggles to play back 4k smoothly, I have been using the lower 4k setting and it's usually ok for about 5 minutes until it gets warm and then it can't keep up, editing is a nightmare.
I got sick of shooting in a lower quality and choppy playback so I Just ordered the top spec 2017 15"MBP so that will make editing and playback a lot easier!
2017-3-27
Use props
flyringsquirrel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yeah I feel the pain.

May I ask what settings would suit a normal Laptop? Also, where can they be found - they elude me..
2017-3-27
Use props
BluePowerMF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

2.7k was good for editing, smaller file size and playback was fine on my laptop.
The camera settings can be changed by going to the icon under the record button, its three lines with little circles on them.
You can change the video quality by clicking the camera icon, then go to video size and select the resolution and frame rate.
2017-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Try recording in 1920x 1080 see how that works..
2017-3-27
Use props
flyringsquirrel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is it that the 4K is just too good for the working mans laptop?

I shall try 1920x1080 and the other options see how they work. How would you work out frames per second alongside this?

Is this all trial and error is is there a relative frames per second to video size?

Sorry guys, so many options haha didn't know if there was a trend to how they work.
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules