Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung Tab S2, Go Connection Problems
2706 7 2017-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gunssa
lvl.1

United States

The Tab S2 will NOT connect to the controller when using the Davic!  

The Go app just refuses to connect when using the Davic.  If I use my P4 with the Tab S2 and Go everything connects.

S2 settings: Developer options if I choose USB to use MTP, I get a popup that asks if I want to use Go as the default program.  Unfortunately, this immediately goes away and then pops up again.  Over and over.  It is not on the screen long enough to allow me to make any selection.

I can see that when it pops away the USB port is changing to Charging.  Then when the requestor pops up the USB port switches to MTB, then away over and over.  

If I choose RNDIS the app never connects to the controller.

Bottom line is I cannot use the Davic with the same tablet that works fine with the P4.

Tab S2 is using Android 6.01 and the Davic and controller are using the latest update vxxxxx500

Side notes:
Same controller, same USB cable but using my Galaxy Note 4 cellphone everything just works. Never need to make a USB function selection.  

Also, the Tab S2 works fine with my P4.  I do have to choose USB function as RNDIS for the Phantom.

2017-3-27
Use props
Gunssa
lvl.1

United States

Addition:  The S2 is Model Number SM-T813.  I have read that the 713 does not work but the 700 does
2017-3-27
Use props
Gunssa
lvl.1

United States

Well I found the answer.  After trying all kinds of changes to USB.  Different startups.  Found something that works.

You must keep the S2 off before connection to the controller.  So turn on the controller.  Plug in the S2 and THEN turn on the S2.

Do it any other way and the controller will NOT work.

BTW it does not matter if the Mavic is on or not.  You can turn it on with the controller or wait until the connection to the S2 is made.
2017-3-27
Use props
pbelcomp
New
Flight distance : 224072 ft
United States

Gunssa Posted at 2017-3-27 15:23
Well I found the answer.  After trying all kinds of changes to USB.  Different startups.  Found something that works.

You must keep the S2 off before connection to the controller.  So turn on the controller.  Plug in the S2 and THEN turn on the S2.

Thank you for the answer!

I was having the exact same issue and your solution will prevent me from returning my new tablet.

I have the 8" S2 T-713
2017-5-10
Use props
alexcannas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28038 ft
United Kingdom

pbelcomp Posted at 2017-5-10 22:09
Thank you for the answer!

I was having the exact same issue and your solution will prevent me from returning my new tablet.

I have tha Galaxy Tab S2 and do not have this problem. However bear in mind that if you use the type A usb connection at the bottom of the controller you need to unplug the angled cable from the side, or there will be no data connection. It does not matter if the cable is not connected to a device, you still need to take it off.
2017-5-10
Use props
Aston
New
Flight distance : 2408 ft
France

alexcannas Posted at 2017-5-10 22:43
I have tha Galaxy Tab S2 and do not have this problem. However bear in mind that if you use the type A usb connection at the bottom of the controller you need to unplug the angled cable from the side, or there will be no data connection. It does not matter if the cable is not connected to a device, you still need to take it off.

Hello
I have that s2 713. I only can connect with my rc p4p by switching off the s2 (not very usefull).
I am sorry but I am french and don t understand exactly what you mean in your post.
I hope that it can be the solution for me.
Regards
2017-8-28
Use props
GWTX
lvl.1
United States

Aston Posted at 2017-8-28 12:55
Hello
I have that s2 713. I only can connect with my rc p4p by switching off the s2 (not very usefull).
I am sorry but I am french and don t understand exactly what you mean in your post.

That's the only consistent way I have seen to start up. I have searched and tried many different ways.
I just leave the tablet off until I am ready to launch, or I restart the tablet when everything else is on and ready. Still hoping for an update to the tablet that will solve the problem. DJI says it's not their problem because the tablet is not on the recommended list. Samsung says it's not their problem because the tablet works for everything else.  Not much hope of a fix anytime soon.
2018-11-1
Use props
GinoTron
lvl.1

Chile

Tengo el Phantom 3 Pro y tenia el mismo problema. Se solucionó encendiendo la tableta el final. Gracias !
2020-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules