2066 7 2017-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans62296627
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5493514 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Phantom 4 Pro PLUS controller was fine until I did a firmware update to v01.01.03.00 about two weekends ago.

Now when I power on my controller. I get a message on my screen.
DATA UPDATE.
Connect your aircraft to update your data.  When I press update. It says connect your device as indicated.
I do all of the steps and nothing happens.  So now I just hit IGNORE from now on since nothings updates.

And after the firmware update on the controller. Now when I select ALBUM.
My controller APP crashes and then it does a RE BOOT.  Now I cannot use the ALBUM on my controller.

This last weekend. I was flying my drone. I got a message on my controller.
THE APP is not responding.  Do you want to close it?  
In the middle of flight. I could still see the camera view.  I was able to fly it back home.
None of the camera controls were working. When I pressed the shutter button. Nothing appeared to happen.
That was freaking me out to fly my drone and have the APP quit on you in the middle of flight.

Anyone else having these issues?  I did contact DJI support, and they want me to return the controller for evalaution and repair.

The controller worked fine until did the firmware update.

David Hawkins
Plano Texas

Screen 1

Screen 1
IMG_9569.JPG
IMG_9570.JPG
2017-3-27
Use props
BenHopper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1013205 ft
Canada

Are you sure the firmware update install correctly?
2017-3-27
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Use DJI Assistant 2 and connect your RC by micro usb port to PC and do factory reset.
2017-3-27
Use props
fans62296627
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

BenHopper Posted at 2017-3-27 21:09
Are you sure the firmware update install correctly?

Yes.  Firmware was installed correctly.
2017-3-29
Use props
fans62296627
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-3-27 23:09
Use DJI Assistant 2 and connect your RC by micro usb port to PC and do factory reset.

I have a Macbook Air with DJI Assistance 2 and it does not recognize the Phantom 4 Pro Plus controller. It only recognizes the Phantom 4 Pro drone when I connect it via micro USB cable.
2017-3-29
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

fans62296627 Posted at 2017-3-29 09:07
I have a Macbook Air with DJI Assistance 2 and it does not recognize the Phantom 4 Pro Plus controller. It only recognizes the Phantom 4 Pro drone when I connect it via micro USB cable.

In this case you have to try factory reset from the RC, on the main screen RC and press the Gear icon and it will go into setting and do the factory restore setting.
2017-3-29
Use props
fans62296627
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-3-29 17:31
In this case you have to try factory reset from the RC, on the main screen RC and press the Gear icon and it will go into setting and do the factory restore setting.

Wont be able to do that. DJI Support wants me to ship it back for repair.  My RC is on its way back to DJI. I regret buying the P4 Pro Plus model. I had the Phantom 3 Pro and used Apple DJI Go App on my iPad mini, and never had any issues that I am having with P4 Pro RC Plus with display that uses Android OS.  I have come to the conclusion that Android OS sucks.  

I just bought a new RC for my P4 Pro from B&H without display.  Will go back to using my iPad mini and APPLE OS which is far superior to the Android OS. It will arrive this Friday.  And will either use the old RC plus controller as a back up, or eventually sell it on eBay. Thanks!
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI P4 PRO USER
New
Philippines

EASY SOLUTION JUST UPDATE THE RC  FIRMWARE.. THEN UPDATE AS WELL THE AIRCRAFT..

2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules