Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UPDATED! Message During flight. Has anyone seen this before??
1840 17 2017-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RAMJET-1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2180843 ft
United States

I have had a message pop up on the app screen during flight three times now since last Friday. I don't know what it means. Is it a warning or what???  Does DJI have a message list of or warnings list that could occur with a descriptive meaning/explanation as to what each message or warning is? Below is the message I am seeing.

[/"Braking now. Return sticks to midpoints first."b]

I was flying forward when it occurred. I released the joy stick and the message disappeared.

Regards

[/UPDATEDb]

Just to see if the issue was the front sensors as was suggested by several in this thread, yesterday (Tuesday) I made three flights in full sun light ( BTY.. I did clean the sensors first). No issues were observed at all. Nice.  I waited till the sun was down behind the trees (dusk) and made another flight. Well, on the way back home the same alert message displayed three different times. So, I am satisfied that it is the front sensors causing this due to not enough light. Thanks to all for assisting me with this issue.

Regards
2017-3-28
Use props
CrazyHorse019
lvl.3
Flight distance : 348540 ft
United Kingdom

I have seen this message before, I think it's to do with the front sensors detecting an object and it's just asking you not to input any command as it's doing it's thing. Maybe preventing you from overriding it's breaking manouver.
2017-3-28
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.1
United States

CrazyHorse019 Posted at 2017-3-28 02:19
I have seen this message before, I think it's to do with the front sensors detecting an object and it's just asking you not to input any command as it's doing it's thing. Maybe preventing you from overriding it's breaking manouver.

Okay... That makes since although there wasn't any obstacles in site. It was almost dark though and after the Braking now message I received another message that Forward Obstacle Sensor not working due to low light condition.
2017-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think it's a message to let the natural breaking take place, some have a tendency to pull back on the right stick to brake harder, and this may cause disruption to gimbal.
2017-3-28
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-28 02:32
I think it's a message to let the natural breaking take place, some have a tendency to pull back on the right stick to brake harder, and this may cause disruption to gimbal.

Do you know if DJI provides a descriptive list of messages? It would help if us pilots know what their meanings truly are and why the message was displayed.
2017-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-3-28 02:47
Do you know if DJI provides a descriptive list of messages? It would help if us pilots know what their meanings truly are and why the message was displayed.

There is a lot of info on this link which might be useful, I don't think your specific warning is on there. Check it out.

https://datfile.net/DatCon/fieldsV3MP.html
2017-3-28
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-28 03:05
There is a lot of info on this link which might be useful, I don't think your specific warning is on there. Check it out.

https://datfile.net/DatCon/fieldsV3MP.html

Thank you hallmark007. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem with the hardware.
2017-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-3-28 03:14
Thank you hallmark007. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem with the hardware.

No problem it's a relative new warning must have come with last firmware.
2017-3-28
Use props
bunny too
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-3-28 03:14

You are all good, it is a warning that the aircraft has detected something (could be an obstacle, could be the sun, could be you are entering a NFZ) and the drone is initiating a automatic braking and asking you to return the sticks to the center.  It is not a new warning just one that does not pop up that often.  Cleaning your front sensors with a cotton swab can help with the sun.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-28
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Singapore

I believe that's the warning that comes up if you're pushing forward on the stick while the Mavic is slowing/stopping to avoid an obstacle in front. You mentioned that it was late in the day, so it's quite possible it was the low Sun that set off the OA. It's a fairly common issue.
2017-3-28
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.1
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-28 04:04
You are all good, it is a warning that the aircraft has detected something (could be an obstacle, could be the sun, could be you are entering a NFZ) and the drone is initiating a automatic braking and asking you to return the sticks to the center.  It is not a new warning just one that does not pop up that often.  Cleaning your front sensors with a cotton swab can help with the sun.
Regards,
-d.

Okay... thanks. I will clean them since it has happened three or four times in two flights.
2017-3-28
Use props
BudWalker
Captain
Flight distance : 5426050 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would it be possible for you to retrieve the .DAT so I could look at it? To see how to retrieve the .DAT look here
https://datfile.net/index.html
A link to the instructions for your particular AC can be found on the left side of the page.
The .DAT will be large so you'll need to Dropbox or GoogleDrive it and provide the link.

2017-3-28
Use props
JohnMcL7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15295 ft
United Kingdom

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-3-28 02:32
Okay... That makes since although there wasn't any obstacles in site. It was almost dark though and after the Braking now message I received another message that Forward Obstacle Sensor not working due to low light condition.

I was flying my Mavic in low light and the warning kept coming up as well even though it was in clear air so it sounds similar circumstances.
2017-3-28
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.1
United States

JohnMcL7 Posted at 2017-3-28 13:56
I was flying my Mavic in low light and the warning kept coming up as well even though it was in clear air so it sounds similar circumstances.

Yep... I am convinced that this was the issue. I made a few test flights Tuesday and the last flight was almost dark and the same thing happened again. Thank you for the telling me about your experience with this issue.

Regards
2017-3-29
Use props
bunny too
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-3-29 03:44
Yep... I am convinced that this was the issue. I made a few test flights Tuesday and the last flight was almost dark and the same thing happened again. Thank you for the telling me about your experience with this issue.

Regards

If this becomes an issue you can turn off the detection and you will not get the messages or the automatic breaking, just be careful and turn it back on when you are done.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-29
Use props
PartsGuy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

My work around on the sun issue has been to rotate the Mavic slightly so it isn't facing the sun directly. Since that changes the direction of flight, I've sometimes had to take a circuitous path to either return to home or capture the video I'm trying to film. If you're catching the sun obliquely, the warning goes away. Also, even with filters, video into the sun is worthless.
2017-3-29
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Singapore

PartsGuy Posted at 2017-3-29 05:01
My work around on the sun issue has been to rotate the Mavic slightly so it isn't facing the sun directly. Since that changes the direction of flight, I've sometimes had to take a circuitous path to either return to home or capture the video I'm trying to film. If you're catching the sun obliquely, the warning goes away. Also, even with filters, video into the sun is worthless.

For getting it home conveniently, you can switch to Sport mode to quickly disable the forward OA. If you're filming and you don't want to do it in Sport mode, you can go into the settings and disable just the forward OA.
2017-3-29
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.1
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-29 03:49
If this becomes an issue you can turn off the detection and you will not get the messages or the automatic breaking, just be careful and turn it back on when you are done.
Regards,
-d.

Thanks for the advice bunny
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules