Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Connecting to HDMI port on TV
8196 6 2017-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Photobug3000
lvl.1

United States

I would like to use a large television to fly FPV.  I am looking for a way to connect to the television like I do the tablet.  I guess you could use a smart TV and have it logged into a youtube account as you live stream it, but I was curious if anyone else has used a television as a display to fly.  I know when I review the footage on a large TV it is much more detailed even if I use a 1080P file due to the size of the picture.  It would be great to fly this way so I could actually see what I am recording in real time so I can adjust my distance, framing, etc.  

2017-3-28
Use props
MissionNorth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18031 ft
United Kingdom

If you use an iPhone, try Airplay Mirroring to an Apple TV box plugged into the HDMI. I tested it on mine a few days ago and it appears to work - though I only tried it from the ground.
2017-3-28
Use props
Heineken
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4755367 ft
Sweden

use a chromcast  and miroring yur phone scrren to the tv.  not 100% perfekt but it works. its a small delay to the tv screen.
2017-3-28
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Roku will do this too (screencast).
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you want to sit in your living room and fly FPV then the above suggestions will not work as you'll probably have a large delay.
What you can do is get a NVIDIA Shield K and it has an HDMI port and you can plug it into your TV.
I've never tried so can't promise you anything.
2017-3-28
Use props
Photobug3000
lvl.1

United States

I have Roku and Chromcast, I will try them.  Thank you.
2017-3-28
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.4

United States

Why can't you get the HDMI Output Module that DJI sells for the P3 & P4 controllers?
Install that, & then run an HDMI cable from the module to the tv?
It may be a good idea to have that tv either "outside" or near the exterior of a building so that you can still keep an eye on your drone while in flight.
I've seen one operator with a flat screen in the back of his SUV being powered by a small generator. He sat in a lawn chair at the rear of his SUV, while he used his large flatscreen tv as the display. His controller was linked to the tv via HDMI cable.
2017-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules