new 2017 iPad
4817 14 2017-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pcp.twcny
lvl.2
United States

I fly a Phantom 3 propfessional. Does anyopne know if the soon to be released 2017 new iPad will support the DJI Go app?Thanks.

2017-3-28
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I guess I don't know the answer to your question, but let me offer this. DJI for the most part seems dedicated to the "Apple" products. Although many of us do choose to use android devices. I can't imagine why a brand new released  IOS device would not be OK for DJI.
2017-3-28
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Like Ricardo mentioned above, & based off the fact that all previous models of the iPad supports the DJI Go App, I would assume yes...it will definitely support the app.
What you will want to compare is the processing specs of the new iPad. Are the specs more on par with the iPad Pro or closer to the iPad Air? I have an iPad 4 (normal sized iPad, 1st with the lightning port charger) & I have 0 issues with running the app & getting great video feedback while flying. That should essentially be your main concern when deciding which "viewing device" you plan to purchase.
2017-3-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There was a new iPad Pro announced just today. ;-)

Wonder where the anticipated iPad Air3 128gb Cellular got turfed to?

RedHotPoker
2017-3-28
Use props
GSRTrent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114751 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-28 14:30

Apple ended the Air family with the release of this new ipad.
2017-4-5
Use props
GSRTrent
lvl.1
United States

Guys.  I have an Air 2 that I use with my P4P.  I also just bought the new ipad that I will be testing tonight with the DJI go 4 app.  I will make one flight with the new ipad and will post the results tomorrow.  
2017-4-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

GSRTrent Posted at 2017-4-5 11:24
Apple ended the Air family with the release of this new ipad.

Yeah, it seems like the era has been abrupt, end of Another product name. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-4-5
Use props
fans91b86ae0
New
United States

I just bought a new iPad Mini 4 less than a month ago and that's what I use to fly my phantom 3 professional. so I would think it would be compatible hope this helps
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

From what I've understood of the new iPad, not much is really "new" hardware or software speaking. It should be ok.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-28 14:30

I thought it was just a iPad, didn't see a "Pro" at the end of it, sadly.
2017-4-5
Use props
GSRTrent
lvl.1
United States

Ok so I tested the new iPad and returned it.  It's not worth it. It's not an upgrade to the air 2 instead it's more like a lateral move.  Yes the screen is a few % brighter at the right viewing angle and yes the A9 chip is slightly faster at opening some apps buts that.  It doesn't have the laminated anti glare screen. There is an air gap between the screen and the touch pad which makes the iPad feel and look super cheap. You can actually feel the screen cave in when you type on it. Not to mention it's super loud when typing.  Also it's thicker and heavier than the air 2.  If you use a sun shade you're going to have a tough time securing this thicker iPad in tablet holder on the control.   Other than that it has iOS 10.3 so it runs the dji go 4 app just fine.  If you have an iPad Air 2 do not upgrade. It's a waste. Instead wait a few more years and upgrade when apple avtually releases something exciting.  P.s. I'm typing this on my air 2 ;)
2017-4-5
Use props
CXK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104383 ft
United States

GSRTrent Posted at 2017-4-5 18:27
Ok so I tested the new iPad and returned it.  It's not worth it. It's not an upgrade to the air 2 instead it's more like a lateral move.  Yes the screen is a few % brighter at the right viewing angle and yes the A9 chip is slightly faster at opening some apps buts that.  It doesn't have the laminated anti glare screen. There is an air gap between the screen and the touch pad which makes the iPad feel and look super cheap. You can actually feel the screen cave in when you type on it. Not to mention it's super loud when typing.  Also it's thicker and heavier than the air 2.  If you use a sun shade you're going to have a tough time securing this thicker iPad in tablet holder on the control.   Other than that it has iOS 10.3 so it runs the dji go 4 app just fine.  If you have an iPad Air 2 do not upgrade. It's a waste. Instead wait a few more years and upgrade when apple avtually releases something exciting.  P.s. I'm typing this on my air 2 ;)

Wow I didnt expect to hear that. I have an iPad Pro 9.7 with Cell/GPS and I guess I'm spoiled now. That is even not perfect while in sun light but I like the bigger screen. I considered buying the new iPad since its so cheap and I don't like taking my iPad Pro out of the case just to use it to fly. Its a little too excessive to buy an iPad JUST for my drone. After hearing the experience of it I'm glad I didnt buy it.
2017-4-5
Use props
GSRTrent
lvl.1
United States

CXK Posted at 2017-4-5 19:11
Wow I didnt expect to hear that. I have an iPad Pro 9.7 with Cell/GPS and I guess I'm spoiled now. That is even not perfect while in sun light but I like the bigger screen. I considered buying the new iPad since its so cheap and I don't like taking my iPad Pro out of the case just to use it to fly. Its a little too excessive to buy an iPad JUST for my drone. After hearing the experience of it I'm glad I didnt buy it.

I would almost say the new iPad is a downgrade to the air 2. I still can't get over how cheap the screen was.  Just when I thought the new iPad was good I then typed on it and was quickly reminded why I decided to return it.  It's like typing on a cheap pre paid phone you'd buy at Walmart for $15.
2017-4-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-5 17:38
I thought it was just a iPad, didn't see a "Pro" at the end of it, sadly.

Yes, it's a pro....
http://www.apple.com/ca/ipad/
https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-newest-version-of-ipad-1994324

RedHotPoker
2017-4-5
Use props
JefryB
New
United States

HAS ANYONE TESTED THE NEW IPAD PRO 10.5 INCH ON THEIR PHANTOM 3 (ADVANCED) YET? I KNOW IT DOESN'T QUITE FIT BUT I AM MORE CONCERNED WITH COMPATIBILITY/INTEGRATION WITH DGI GO APP...
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules