4999 25 2017-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2763fb6a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 705003 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I went to do a job yesterday with the Inspire 2 and wanted to do point of interest to get a perfect circle around a house, only to find NO POI. I researched and its coming soon, so used the Inspire 1 instead which was a shame as I2 had the X5S camera. Is there a work around because I tried that spotlight pro and it just don't cut it. or anyone know if and when the new POI will be released on the Inspire 2 as its one of my favourite features. Please please please DJI bring this back online soon. We are missing this essential intelligent flight mode.  Thanks Doug -  Australia
2017-3-28
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can use active tracking on a stationary object and have it rotate around it. Or just use Spotlight Pro and carefully fly around it.
Regards,
Tom
2017-3-28
Use props
SPH*i2*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322579 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Is the DJI GS Pro app. Any use with its way points etc for poi, I have not tried the app but wanted to know if anyone has any idea.
2017-3-28
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hard to agree with DJI's philosophy: behold that PHANTOM and MAVIC lines bring ALL intelligent modes from day one...as long as INSPIRE line is filled with "coming soon" modes! Imagine yourself buying a 500K car and when you use it you find that it lacks a lot of accessories that a 30K car has...
2017-4-13
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

WellFlightz Posted at 2017-4-13 05:41
Hard to agree with DJI's philosophy: behold that PHANTOM and MAVIC lines bring ALL intelligent modes from day one...as long as INSPIRE line is filled with "coming soon" modes! Imagine yourself buying a 500K car and when you use it you find that it lacks a lot of accessories that a 30K car has...

I agree with you!
2017-4-13
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I also agree!

As Tom mentioned, there are ways to get a similar result with the other modes or use GS Pro but I can't see why we can't have it all running on one app. I watch other P3 OP's flying POI and have to say 'My drone wont do that..' Pretty obvious what the answer is when they know I've blown nearly £10K on my setup compared the there £1K.

I do love my Inspire2 and I'm sure there's reasons why it can't have all the intelligence as my Inspire1 or a P3 but I don't know what the reasons are so please DJI sort us out. I would offer to pay you but I've blown all my cash on your drones
2017-4-13
Use props
fans2763fb6a
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

I was hoping to see the Point Of Interest released in the April 2017 firmware update however alas no such luck. Come in DJI please release the Inspire 2 POI and other coming soon features
Regards Doug http://www.skybiz.com.au
2017-4-26
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans2763fb6a Posted at 2017-4-26 19:22
I was hoping to see the Point Of Interest released in the April 2017 firmware update however alas no such luck. Come in DJI please release the Inspire 2 POI and other coming soon features

Plus one for that. I find myself using my P4pro+ more and more for property jobs because my i2 won't do this. Come on DJI sort it out.

Oh yeah and the  field charger and X5S 'OSMO2' while you're at it.

Regards,

Nick
2017-5-17
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

fans2763fb6a Posted at 2017-4-26 19:22

Have you tried using spotlight pro to do the job?
2017-5-18
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes, I've used Spotlight Pro and Active Track to do the job.

Some times they work and others they don't. You need a good track point which can be impossible depending on the subject and even if you do have a good track point it can disappear as you move around the subject. This can cause the camera to search for it's track resulting in juddery footage..

POI works much, much better and so like Nick I'm using another drone to orbit until they implement POI into the Inspire 2. Which I'm really hoping will be in the next firmware.  

Fingers crossed!

2017-5-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Altitude Drones Posted at 2017-5-18 23:53
Yes, I've used Spotlight Pro and Active Track to do the job.

Some times they work and others they don't. You need a good track point which can be impossible depending on the subject and even if you do have a good track point it can disappear as you move around the subject. This can cause the camera to search for it's track resulting in juddery footage..

It's strange that the algo isn't implemented for the Inspire 2 since the feature was available for the I1. So I doubt a technical reason is in place here.

The only logical reason I can think for deliberately blocking the feature is that for POI, you have to fly directly over the object of interest and then back off.

Given that the I2 is a much heavier craft, there 'may' be some concern over safety / public nuisance effects.

DJI won't disclose why they don't have this feature and to be honest, admitting to the above, if it were true would draw unwanted attention. I think in the end, it was a risk management call and right now, the risk reward ratio didn't cut it for the manufacturer.
2017-5-19
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

That's a good theory and makes sense but I'm really hoping that's not the case..

I read in a previous post that POI was disabled on the Inspire1 when it first came out and took about 6 months to become operational.

It's coming up to 6 months since the launch of the Inspire2 so hopefully the same will apply for this model, although I can't think why this should be the case.

It's worth also noting that Waypoints don't work on the Inspire2 so maybe they will fix both at the same time?

Optimistic thinking!
2017-5-19
Use props
fans2763fb6a
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Well the good news is that now the WAYPOINTS feature is active, but as of this latest firmware update in May - still no POI. Come on  DJI please don't let me have to bring my Inspire 1 to every job ton get a perfect orbit. I can't see why it should take so long, but if when the Inspire 1 came out did not have a POI and waypoints have just been updated in this latest May firmware then there is hope POI will be here soon.
Douglas http://www.queenslandaerialdrones.com.au
2017-5-30
Use props
mattbeardsley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85850 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, haven't tried it yet, but Waypoints is pretty exciting.  I'm a fan of how DJI implemented Waypoints on Mavic and am glad it has 'trickled up' to the Inspire 2.  Just playing around last week, I tested Spotlight Pro for the first time and was really impressed, ended up using it on a commercial shoot for a couple shots and it nailed it.  Not sure what the holdout is for POI, that seems pretty standard on drones these days.  It could make for some crazy vertigo with a 45mm lens.
2017-5-30
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United Kingdom

I personally think its a DJI trick to release some good "we wanted stuff" at the same time making you sign up for big brother control.I see they have a lot of experience in BIG DATA from the flight records and i expect then sending warning emails to those who fly outside of the FAA / CAA imposed limits. They also can look at the flight logs and if asked by authorities can find the person who flew that flight and of course they now have your name and address. KNOCK KNOCK police here.
2017-6-1
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2
United States

I was wondering about this strategy. Could you now use a way-point setup that is made up of a four point square with your subject in the middle and use spotlight with it to essentially achieve the same thing as a POI? Also, I think you could adjust your height and really get a wild POI.
2017-12-22
Use props
AERO Broadcast
New
Flight distance : 128 ft
Germany

The Fun-Fact is, that models like Phantom3 do have POI. DJI-Support tells since over 16 months that POI will come. Well, i´m 51 years on this planet and i have to keep in shape to stay alive to see it working on our inspire 2. For the moment i do not give the advice to buy any dji-products till this sucking feature is finally working on the expensive drones, dji sold to us with wrong promises.

Shame on you, DJI!

2018-5-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

AERO Broadcast Posted at 2018-5-7 09:37
The Fun-Fact is, that models like Phantom3 do have POI. DJI-Support tells since over 16 months that POI will come. Well, i´m 51 years on this planet and i have to keep in shape to stay alive to see it working on our inspire 2. For the moment i do not give the advice to buy any dji-products till this sucking feature is finally working on the expensive drones, dji sold to us with wrong promises.

Shame on you, DJI!

POI is available on the I2, not sure why you say this.
Admit it took a long time to get.
2018-5-7
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-5-7 10:10
POI is available on the I2, not sure why you say this.

Yeah, it's here but it doesn't seem to work near as well as the it does on the Phantoms. I tried it on multiple objects, at different heights and radius. It never once kept the object centered. I get much better results with 3rd party software.
2018-5-7
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-5-7 10:10
POI is available on the I2, not sure why you say this.

Really? Where is it? It is still grayed out on my app. And, yes, I do have the latest firmware installed.
2018-5-8
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

dldp-sp Posted at 2018-5-8 00:19
Really? Where is it? It is still grayed out on my app. And, yes, I do have the latest firmware installed.

You also need latest Go 4 App  V 4.2.12. (IOS)
2018-5-8
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-5-8 03:40
You also need latest Go 4 App  V 4.2.12. (IOS)

Yes and thats what I’m running but, the release notes say 4.2.14 is required and it is grayed out on my app. So, what am I missing?

Regards,
Tom
2018-5-8
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

dldp-sp Posted at 2018-5-8 03:57
Yes and thats what I’m running but, the release notes say 4.2.14 is required and it is grayed out on my app. So, what am I missing?

Regards,

Sorry meant to say you need 4.2.14. Came out last week.
2018-5-8
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-5-8 04:16
Sorry meant to say you need 4.2.14. Came out last week.

Interesting! Apparently, if an app is in your bottom tray on the iPad it does not show up for updates. As soon as I removed it from there it said it was ready for an update.

Thanks,
Tom
2018-5-8
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

dldp-sp Posted at 2018-5-8 11:48
Interesting! Apparently, if an app is in your bottom tray on the iPad it does not show up for updates. As soon as I removed it from there it said it was ready for an update.

Thanks,

Have seen a lot of people not seeing updates, there is a function to refresh and all updated apps will be there.

Go to App Store and click the tab for updates, once there (and you don't see the app) just press your finger and swipe down on the screen and it will refresh.
2018-5-8
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-5-8 12:14
Have seen a lot of people not seeing updates, there is a function to refresh and all updated apps will be there.

Go to App Store and click the tab for updates, once there (and you don't see the app) just press your finger and swipe down on the screen and it will refresh.

Ok, thanks for the info!

Tom,
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules