Question Grand Canyon
3183 20 2017-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maritimer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

When i was a kid i went to see the grand canyon. Now im older i want to koww what it looks thru the eyes of a drone. So has anyone flew there drone thru the canyon and if so id like to see the footage thanks. also mt rushmore too lol

Daryl
2017-3-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You will run into problems with the National Park Service if you try
2017-3-28
Use props
tkflyfisher7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150164 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-28 18:01
You will run into problems with the National Park Service if you try

It's on the no fly zone...
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's considered a NFZ, so you wouldn't be able to take off. The same would be for Mt. Rushmore, since it's a part of the National Parks territory.
2017-3-28
Use props
fanse4e6a08b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3267028 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are many planes and helicopters doing tours All day. Not a good place to fly a drone. I can see handcuffs in the future if you fly a drone there.
2017-3-29
Use props
fanse4e6a08b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3267028 ft
  • >>>
United States

Download B4UFLY and you'll see the areas that you can/cannot fly
2017-3-29
Use props
dmartin.ealnet
lvl.2
United States

Not all of the Grand Canyon is a National Park.  You might need permission from the Native American tribes, though.
2017-3-29
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

dmartin.ealnet Posted at 2017-3-29 11:37
Not all of the Grand Canyon is a National Park.  You might need permission from the Native American tribes, though.

If you have enough cash that is. on Grand Canyon's west side.
2017-3-29
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

I thought I saw a drone footage of Mt Rushmore. However I also saw where guy was standing. He wasn't underneath. He was on a road from what seems like a mile away.
2017-3-29
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Also be aware that many native owned lands are photo prohibited by the tribes.  I wouldn't do it without permission.  There are signs in most of the areas.
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-3-29 13:40
I thought I saw a drone footage of Mt Rushmore. However I also saw where guy was standing. He wasn't underneath. He was on a road from what seems like a mile away.

Depending on how old the video is, there might not have been a NFZ when they took the video.
2017-3-29
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-29 17:00
Depending on how old the video is, there might not have been a NFZ when they took the video.

Ok thanks I wanted to see if the little secrets of these places were true or not that someone may of captured on a drone.

Referring too in case anyone interested ... None of these were there when I was there over 30 years ago

Mt Rushmore... Hidden door behind one of the presidents faces
Grand Canyon ... Hot springs waterfall or something discovered at bottom of Canyon
2017-3-30
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Maritimer Posted at 2017-3-30 08:19
Ok thanks I wanted to see if the little secrets of these places were true or not that someone may of captured on a drone.

Referring too in case anyone interested ... None of these were there when I was there over 30 years ago

1. Yes, there is a "secret" door (The Hall of Records) behind one of the faces on Mt. Rushmore. The original sculptor didn't necessarily put it there though, the government/parks service did, becuase of original budget issues.
2. You can walk/climb or be flown down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon & explore anytime...there is a river down there...the Colorado.
The spring you may be referring to could be Havasupai Falls? This is actually West of the Grand Canyon, but it is a trek to get there. There could be a hot spring in the canyon, but I'm unaware of one. Anybody know for sure?

Like others have mentioned, inside the National Parks, they are NFZ. However, you don't need a drone to discover/learn if the springs & secret door exist...we here in the US of A use google
2017-3-30
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Do you see this angle from Canada?
Mt. Rushmore.jpg
2017-3-30
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Canada

TPVAerials Posted at 2017-3-30 08:57
Do you see this angle from Canada?

well lol
2017-3-30
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Canada

Maritimer Posted at 2017-3-30 08:19

I cant get back to those places as the USA banned me from entering the USA ... Thanks to Trumps new policy over a DUI I had 30 years ago and they still hold it against me .. Idiots!!
2017-3-30
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-29 17:00

Or they just used a NON DJI product. I have a few quads that i have built that have Zero restrictions because the flight controller is not controlled by an app or company.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-3-30 21:40
Or they just used a NON DJI product. I have a few quads that i have built that have Zero restrictions because the flight controller is not controlled by an app or company.

I'm not aware of many other companies that have anything similar to NFZs, so it could be possible.
2017-3-30
Use props
Quad Zeppelin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1073100 ft
United States

dmartin.ealnet Posted at 2017-3-29 11:37

Not the Grand Canyon but, I got a little fly time on the salt river.
2017-3-31
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Enjoyed that video and the song with it.  

Thanks.
2017-3-31
Use props
Alla79
New

Ukraine

I think any video can`t convey the beauty of the Canyon. You should see it in your own eye once more) Can go on tour  http://easyusatravel.com/  if don`t want to drive)
2017-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules