Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is 'Pitch Lock' mode?
21039 4 2017-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf491992d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 942231 ft
  • >>>
Canada

On the DJI website it says this in the FAQ section regarding 'Pitch Lock':
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. What is Pitch Lock Mode?

The shooting direction of the phone camera will not be affected by the movement of your arms in a tilt axis.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A tilt axis? Can anybody elaborate on exactly what this means? Horizontal? Vertical? Left to right? Top to bottom?

It would be great if DJI did a short video with that guy and his big smile, showing an example of when and why to use 'Pitch Lock'!

2017-3-28
Use props
Marty Markoe
Captain
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pitch Lock means if you want to follow someone in a horizontal mode, say around a room, the vertical movement will be locked out. If the subject starts walking up stairs, you'd want to turn off Pitch Lock.
2017-3-29
Use props
fansf491992d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 942231 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Marty Markoe Posted at 2017-3-29 03:31
Pitch Lock means if you want to follow someone in a horizontal mode, say around a room, the vertical movement will be locked out. If the subject starts walking up stairs, you'd want to turn off Pitch Lock.

Thanks for the reply, but this is still unclear to me.

Does this mean I am following the person beside them and the phone wont tilt vertically left to right or right to left?

Or does it mean I am following somebody behind them and the phone wont tilt vertically forward or backward?
2017-3-29
Use props
young-nyc 3
Second Officer
United States

basically with pitch lock on...if you tilt your gimbal looking up or down, it won't tilt up or down..you would need to use the buttons to tilt up and down.
I would try moving your gimbal with pitch lock on and pitch lock off, you would know the difference right away.

2017-3-29
Use props
Daymon W.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3126171 ft
  • >>>
United States

thanks  very clear
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now