Problems with DJ GO4 on android
1543 7 2017-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taden
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2988835 ft
Lithuania

Hello, I fly a lot since bought Phantom 4  in may 2016, and have 0 issues with my tablet Huawei MediaPad M2 .  But when this winter i got new DJI GO4 software i can't trust my drone anymore because DJ GO4  crash every flight. It can happen every second of flight so i can't do any risky beautiful shots above trees or other obstacles.  This week i bought new Phantom 4 pro and nothing changes DJI GO4 still crash... here one of the logs

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to allocate a 8294419 byte allocation with 4193520 free bytes and 5MB until OOM         at dalvik.system.VMRuntime.newNonMovableArray(Native Method)         at java.nio.MemoryBlock.allocate(MemoryBlock.java:131)         at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(ByteBuffer.java:73)         at dji.midware.media.c.a.<init>(Unknown Source)         at dji.midware.media.j.b.b.<init>(Unknown Source)         at dji.midware.media.j.b.c.c(Unknown Source)         at dji.midware.media.j.b.e.a(Unknown Source)         at dji.midware.media.g.b.a.a(Unknown Source)         at dji.midware.media.g.b.a.onFrameAvailable(Unknown Source)         at android.graphics.SurfaceTexture$1.handleMessage(SurfaceTexture.java:203)         at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)         at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)         at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

When i install DJI GO4 on my Samsung S7 things changes a little. DJI GO4 don't crashes in one moment, but DJI GO4 all the time shows many
image freezes and color noise. After some time (about one battery flight) DJI GO4 start to lag and i must restart it to get to work again.
As i know many users complain on DJI GO4 problems (just check Play market reviews) with very different equipment, and even on Phantom 4 pro + with build in screen.
As i understood DJ GO4 crashes because of these strange picture interferences (maybe i wrong)
SO my question: Is here any solution on this problem (other android equipment, maybe software, Apple production)?  
Maybe anybody knows oficial DJI answer on that mass problem with this realy great product (I talking about Phantom 4 pro )

2017-3-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Huawei tablet is not in DJI recommended list, the app crash may be caused by incompatibility issue.
For Samsung S7, what is the android system version? you have disabled all background programs when running dji go, right?
Image freezes and color noise happens and the very beginning or not?
2017-3-29
Use props
taden
lvl.3
Lithuania

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-29 02:32
Huawei tablet is not in DJI recommended list, the app crash may be caused by incompatibility issue.
For Samsung S7, what is the android system version? you have disabled all background programs when running dji go, right?
Image freezes and color noise happens and the very beginning or not?

Actually i don't fly to much and to far with Samsung s7. I just have couple flights with new Phantom 4 pro. But yes i see video glitches even when drone is very close to controller.  Phone was worked as usual without any preparing and background program closing.  Currently i have android 7 on it
2017-3-29
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

taden Posted at 2017-3-29 02:55
Actually i don't fly to much and to far with Samsung s7. I just have couple flights with new Phantom 4 pro. But yes i see video glitches even when drone is very close to controller.  Phone was worked as usual without any preparing and background program closing.  Currently i have android 7 on it

i have huw. m2  (android 5.0) and same issues too.
2017-3-29
Use props
taden
lvl.3
Lithuania

Dovivan Posted at 2017-3-29 03:01
i have huw. m2  (android 5.0) and same issues too.

But 0 issues with old DJI GO . BTW where we can find DJI recomended android devices?
2017-3-29
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, whenever you mention this problem, DJI just tells you you're not running a recommended device and you need to buy one.  But then when the users who ARE running recommended devices have the same exact issue, they just say it's something else.  What a runaround.  DJI wants to blame your device or your version of Android, when something like VLC Media player can play video encoded from any trashy encoder perfectly fine!  It ain't the device or the OS.

I've had to switch to using Litchi because at least it doesn't crash after the video gets laggy and full of artifacts.  But it still doesn't work right, because I assume they're basically just a front-end for DJI's code.
2017-3-29
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

taden Posted at 2017-3-29 02:55

hi Tiden. yesterday i tested M2 again after few weeks. New version DJI GO 4 (4.0.5) looks like more stable. No crash or restart. (i had one  restart during everyflight before, now 4 flights without crash/restart  )

But one issue still here.  When i everytime STOP recording video (tested only 4k/30fps)FPV view on tablet start heavy lagging  for 10-15secs. After this time laggs gone and everything looks ok again.  Only once time camera stop working during laggs. (NO SIGNALin status), but other flying data from aircraft was fine and i could return to home (manualy, without RTH).  use camera for photos is without issues.

Now im waiting for CrystalSky to upgrade display for my bird. I hope that this new dispaly will be the best choise for smooth flying without issues becouse flying now is very stressful

2017-3-30
Use props
taden
lvl.3
Lithuania

Dovivan Posted at 2017-3-30 02:20
hi Tiden. yesterday i tested M2 again after few weeks. New version DJI GO 4 (4.0.5) looks like more stable. No crash or restart. (i had one  restart during everyflight before, now 4 flights without crash/restart  )

But one issue still here.  When i everytime STOP recording video (tested only 4k/30fps)FPV view on tablet start heavy lagging  for 10-15secs. After this time laggs gone and everything looks ok again.  Only once time camera stop working during laggs. (NO SIGNALin status), but other flying data from aircraft was fine and i could return to home (manualy, without RTH).  use camera for photos is without issues.

As i understood problems come from bigger video link quality  (up to 10 mbits) and when something goes wrong with link quality we see these glitches on video, and these glitches do something wrong with DJI GO4 video decoder which can crash, freeze  or just little lag app. Iam not expert in these deals but when i manually dropped link video quality to smallest value on my S7 things go better. But i affraid o launch my P4P on Huawei M2 because i don't know what can happen during the flight
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules