[UK] Mavic Pro from Maplin / DJI CARE
1225 8 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LancasterAerial
New

United Kingdom

Morning guys,

Just bought my Mavic from Maplin in UK. I was wondering if they are any good as I have read loads loads of shocking reviews on trust pilot (I can still cancel my order).

Also, can I order DJI care from DJI after I bought a drone from a different supplier?

Kind regards

2017-3-29
Use props
MissionNorth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18031 ft
United Kingdom

I got my Mavic from Maplin a few weeks ago. Ordered on the Monday evening, arrived Thursday lunchtime. Same price as anywhere else, all boxed up and sealed and absolutely no problems.
You can take out Refresh through the DJI website.
2017-3-29
Use props
LancasterAerial
New

United Kingdom

MissionNorth Posted at 2017-3-29 01:40
I got my Mavic from Maplin a few weeks ago. Ordered on the Monday evening, arrived Thursday lunchtime. Same price as anywhere else, all boxed up and sealed and absolutely no problems.
You can take out Refresh through the DJI website.

Thanks for your reply bud! Picking mine up tonight from their local store. Do you know if there is certain time limit that I have for getting DJI care? Like 24hours to get etc.

Also, are you happy with your mavic? Do you have any other covers, like photoguards, or bank account tech insurance.
2017-3-29
Use props
MissionNorth
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I think it is 48 hours after first activating the Mavic to take out Refresh. I have joined FPV UK, which gives me 3rd party liability insurance. I don't use prop guards, but I am being very careful about learning to fly in open spaces away from people and other critters. I bought a drone landing pad which helps to protect the props while taking off and landing. It also gives the drone an obvious target when using the return to home mode - the time I tried this it landed perfectly back on the pad a couple of inches from where it had taken off from. Happy with it? Absolutely.

From the user name, are you in Lancaster?
2017-3-29
Use props
LancasterAerial
New

United Kingdom

MissionNorth Posted at 2017-3-29 02:38
I think it is 48 hours after first activating the Mavic to take out Refresh. I have joined FPV UK, which gives me 3rd party liability insurance. I don't use prop guards, but I am being very careful about learning to fly in open spaces away from people and other critters. I bought a drone landing pad which helps to protect the props while taking off and landing. It also gives the drone an obvious target when using the return to home mode - the time I tried this it landed perfectly back on the pad a couple of inches from where it had taken off from. Happy with it? Absolutely.

From the user name, are you in Lancaster?

Good to hear that you're happy bud! Still not sure whether I would have been better off with Phantom 4.
And yes I'm from Lancaster.
2017-3-29
Use props
MissionNorth
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The Phantom 4 may be a better drone, but it won't fit in your pocket. The best drone, like the best camera, is the one you have with you.
2017-3-29
Use props
LancasterAerial
New

United Kingdom

MissionNorth Posted at 2017-3-29 03:15
The Phantom 4 may be a better drone, but it won't fit in your pocket. The best drone, like the best camera, is the one you have with you.

Very true! I guess you didn't bother with DJI care then?
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

As MissionNorth mentioned, you can purchase DJI Care Refresh for Mavic respectively on DJI website, you need bind the aircraft SN to the service manually.
You need purchase it within 48 hours after you get it activated, or you need submit a video or send an e-mail to djicare@dji.com for assistance.
2017-3-29
Use props
MissionNorth
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes, I took out Care Refresh. The FPV UK insrance is third party only and won't cover the repairs or replacement of the drone.
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules