Matrice 600with D-RTK IMU Failure
2287 5 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
odie817
New
Flight distance : 19833 ft

United States

I've got a Matrice 600 Pro with the D-RTK module that keeps throwing an internal IMU error when flying.  The groundstation and airframe are all level and speced according to the manual.  I have green on both gound and air units, and the controller indicates 17+ satalites and ready to fly.  Immediately in the air, the 600 starts drift and then I get an internal IMU error on the controller.

For troubleshooting, I landed the craft and powered down.  Disconnected the power and CAN bus connections to airframe D-RTK.  Then started everything up just without the D-RTK connected.  The 600 had no issues during initilization and flight, in fact it was more posistion accurate with the 3 GPS modules than with the RTK running.  The only thing that bothers me is all the documentation shows the 600 as using only 1 A3 series GPS module, I am running with all three that came with the 600 Pro + the D-RTK.  I am not sure if this is the root cause and for right now can do the jobs needed using the 3 GPS modules, but I will need to use the D-RTK in the near future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2017-3-29
Use props
Ramiro_Vigo
lvl.1

Spain

Hello, please can you tell me what kind of coordinates you enter in the RTK ground unit, this is, Google Earth, WGS84 from a GPS, etc.?
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, Is everything up to date firmware wise?
2017-4-1
Use props
odie817
New
Flight distance : 19833 ft

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-1 07:24
Just to clarify, Is everything up to date firmware wise?

According to the DJI Assistant 2, yes.  Firmware is listed as 1.0.0.18.  I know this is not true, DJI is up to 1.0.0.21 for the D-RTK.  I grabbed the Assistant for the Inspire 2 (version 1.1.0-2) as a test seeing how the versioning is more up to date, but no go and after calling support I was informed that the Assistant programs are apparently specific to the flying platform.  Why in the world DJI cant release the firmware packs individually through one central update program I do not know.  I am waiting to hear back from support after my call, Jay stated he was in contact with support in China.
Some other reading indicated that D-RTK firmware version 1.0.0.18 had some issues of some sort.  You would think with the base station receiving its coordinated correctly and is communicating with the flight unit, things would be jiving.  Just when I take off all hell breaks loose.
2017-4-2
Use props
Leofuica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1107146 ft
  • >>>
Chile

From Chile, today have the same issues, with the latest firmware and pre-check RTK on the ground, all fine, orientation ok, position ok, but inmediatly take off give me error IMU, long BIAS trought RTK to MC.
Maybe is possible reverse the last RTK firmware and try again.
I have 3 GPS A3 Pro antennas and the 2 RTK antennas at the same time, is very difficult put all togheter, i need cut the upper case to fit RTK extension plate.
2017-4-12
Use props
Leofuica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1107146 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Ok, i try again and obtain differents issues, all with the last firmware (M600, RTK, Datalink, Ipad, all).
With RTK off no problem, nothing, all ok.
With TRTK first Base off, when in green light Matrice 600 Pro on, in App GPS RTK display ant1, ant2 and base, orientation and position with blue light, but i have this warning..."(IMU) heading exception please reset the craft".
I try several times and the same result, i calibated IMU, COMPASS and all fine.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules