Vision system issues
776 7 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Professor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28780 ft
United States

I have had my mavic pro for a few weeks and have had several flights where at altitude I attempt to reduce my altitude and the downward vision detects the ground being much closer and then goes into the landing sequence. This can happen at 100ft. Looking at the controller I can see that the ground goes from the accurate altitude to going red as though I'm close to the ground. I have updated and reinstalled the latest firmware and also did a restore and recalibration of the vision cameras. Thoughts?
2017-3-29
Use props
Professor
lvl.1
United States

I'm hoping to get a solution so that I don't have a catastrophic crash.
2017-3-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Unfortunately you aren't the first person to report this, and you may want to view and chime in on this thread.
2017-3-29
Use props
Professor
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the thread
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, have you tried to do the VPS calibration via DJI Assistance?
2017-3-30
Use props
Professor
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-30 23:53
Hello, have you tried to do the VPS calibration via DJI Assistance?

Yes, all of the firmware is up to date as well as a calibration on all systems including the VPS two times. I have now sent the mavic in to DJI to have it looked at. I ran into an issue where at altitude the front sensors were detecting an object and I was at 120ft in the air. I'm hoping that they will discover what is wrong with it. It has already caused a minor crash.
2017-4-1
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Not sure about yours, but mine nagged my to calibrate the vision system using a PC and DJI Assistant, and not just using drone movement with the app. It was happy after that.
2017-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Professor Posted at 2017-4-1 18:48
Yes, all of the firmware is up to date as well as a calibration on all systems including the VPS two times. I have now sent the mavic in to DJI to have it looked at. I ran into an issue where at altitude the front sensors were detecting an object and I was at 120ft in the air. I'm hoping that they will discover what is wrong with it. It has already caused a minor crash.

If you have any further query about your case, please feel free to let me know.
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules