Flight analysis after drone fly away and crash
2471 27 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

Hello, I reported a problem with my drone (March 05, 2017 09:53) and I'm still waiting for an answer.

It's a DJI MAVIC PRO and I bought the DJI CARE.

Can you help me getting an updated status ?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards.

2017-3-30
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

as always whats the case number?
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please provide me with your case number or the ticket number?
I'll help to look into it.
2017-3-30
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

How do you get a case number.  I emailed DJI support over a week ago with flight log info, dat files and email address linked to account and I haven't gotten a reply or case number.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fanseb85c303 Posted at 2017-3-30 06:17
How do you get a case number.  I emailed DJI support over a week ago with flight log info, dat files and email address linked to account and I haven't gotten a reply or case number.

When you emailed you should have received an automated message containing a 6 digit ticket number.
Could you please provide me with your ticket number?
I'll help to look into it.
2017-3-30
Use props
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

Hello everyone, I got 4 differents request number : the first one is 452242 and the last one is 474227.
I'm not able do get any updated informations using the case N° provided : CAS-491024-S0X7V7. I'm still having an error when checking for updated status.

Thanks for your help.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans47339c01 Posted at 2017-3-30 23:33
Hello everyone, I got 4 differents request number : the first one is 452242 and the last one is 474227.
I'm not able do get any updated informations using the case N° provided : CAS-491024-S0X7V7. I'm still having an error when checking for updated status.

We checked your case, the flight log you provided was damaged, we are unable to analyze it.
We sent you an e-mail again, please sync your flight records and reply the e-mail, we'll help you handle it once receiving your e-mail, thank you.
2017-3-31
Use props
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-31 19:26
We checked your case, the flight log you provided was damaged, we are unable to analyze it.
We sent you an e-mail again, please sync your flight records and reply the e-mail, we'll help you handle it once receiving your e-mail, thank you.

Hello Natalia,

I answered the e-mail with a screenshot showing that the flight records are well sync. I also joined the txt flight record.

I already did this after the email I received march 10th 2017 from Lyndone and I'm still waiting for an answer. Nobody came back to me and I didn't any updates. The drone crashed only after 20 seconds.

I can also record a video from my phone, if you are still having issues to analyse the flight records.

PS : I also uploaded the txt record to airdata : https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... d9c4e68493287d51596

Thank you for your help
2017-4-2
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

fans47339c01 Posted at 2017-4-2 22:57
Hello Natalia,

I answered the e-mail with a screenshot showing that the flight records are well sync. I also joined the txt flight record.

This was Not a FlyAway,
Your AC was in Atti (Batty) mode as a form member named it
Batty Mode activated from TakeOff  and from what I see from your Flight Data it went out LOS
I don't think your going to like what DJI is going to tell you
Sorry about your crash
2017-4-3
Use props
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-3 04:21
This was Not a FlyAway,
Your AC was in Atti (Batty) mode as a form member named it
Batty Mode activated from TakeOff  and from what I see from your Flight Data it went out LOS

Hello SkunkWerxs,

Thank for you reply, I appreciate your help.

I'm not claiming it was a fly away but just describing the problem I saw. I'm just trying to understand what happened and if I did something wrong.

Apparently, you are right about the ATTI mode, but wasn't it supposed to show a warning ? Or is it possible I missed it ?

Again, thank you for your help.

Moreover, What I don't understand and what it isn't acceptable, is why it takes so long to DJI to analyse it and give me a feedback. I bought the DJI CARE and of course if I made a mistake I will assume it. DJI, can you send me the procedure to send it back ?
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans47339c01 Posted at 2017-4-2 22:57
Hello Natalia,

I've informed our support team to double check it and get back to you soon for the update, sincerely sorry for the trouble caused.
Besides, we're unable to access to the link you posted here.
Also I have asked them to send you the instructions to send the drone back.
2017-4-5
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25358 ft
Denmark

Did your drone keep recording video after it lost connection to the remote? Just wondering because I have a case where I also lost connection and crashed. http://forum.dji.com/thread-90705-1-8.html
2017-4-10
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

fans47339c01 Posted at 2017-4-3 05:36
Hello SkunkWerxs,

Well airdata always says switched to GPS atti. But that means your in p mode. You weren't in atti. I know it's kind of confusing when read it the first time. A warning will come up if in atti.
2017-4-10
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

What exactly happened? Have you described the details of this incident in another thread?
2017-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans47339c01 Posted at 2017-4-3 05:36
Hello SkunkWerxs,

You didn't go into Atti mode, but rather gps Atti which can be confusing but it's actually gps p mode, you seemed to be having problems with low satellites and radio signal. You seemed to be blocked out by some buildings in front of you and you were flying at low height, When you loose radio signal it should initiate RTH this didnt happen, but your log also shows a drop in gps which was right at the end of your flight, if your aircraft looses gps it can't return home because it doesn't know where it is. It will drift with the wind and most likely crash.
Airdata logs are not very good hopefully dji can find something in your favour.
Did you find your Mavic?
2017-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

taus Posted at 2017-4-10 08:46
Did your drone keep recording video after it lost connection to the remote? Just wondering because I have a case where I also lost connection and crashed. http://forum.dji.com/thread-90705-1-8.html

That link you entered is just a link back to this thread.
2017-4-10
Use props
taus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25358 ft
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-10 10:20
That link you entered is just a link back to this thread.

Sorry... This is the correct link: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid761433
2017-4-10
Use props
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-10 10:17
You didn't go into Atti mode, but rather gps Atti which can be confusing but it's actually gps p mode, you seemed to be having problems with low satellites and radio signal. You seemed to be blocked out by some buildings in front of you and you were flying at low height, When you loose radio signal it should initiate RTH this didnt happen, but your log also shows a drop in gps which was right at the end of your flight, if your aircraft looses gps it can't return home because it doesn't know where it is. It will drift with the wind and most likely crash.
Airdata logs are not very good hopefully dji can find something in your favour.
Did you find your Mavic?

Thanks for your answer.

I just took off and wasn't able to control it anymore. The GPS signal get lost after the crash, RTH didn't happen because of the crash.

The drone crashed at 21 seconds on the roof.

Warning        Weak signal (Adjust antenna and avoid signal block) happened at 22 seconds. The drone already crashed at this time.

I will try to upload a video from the application. I uploaded it to the cloud but DJI keep telling me it's not working. I also sent them the log file but didn't get any reply about the analysis.

I got the drone back, it was stuck on the roof. I send it back to DJI NL for a repair and I'm waiting.

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.
2017-4-12
Use props
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-10 10:17
What exactly happened? Have you described the details of this incident in another thread?

I took off, and elevated the drone, then the drone drifted on the left. I tried to make it move but wasn't able to get it back. It crashed on the roof and I lost GPS but the drone was still connected to the remote. I tried to take off again, but wasn't able because the propeller were broken.
2017-4-12
Use props
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-10 09:49
Well airdata always says switched to GPS atti. But that means your in p mode. You weren't in atti. I know it's kind of confusing when read it the first time. A warning will come up if in atti.

Thanks apparently I was in GPS mode. So I don't understand why the drone drifted .
2017-4-12
Use props
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

taus Posted at 2017-4-10 08:46

I didn't loose the connection with the remote. I was just unable to move the drone after it drifted. It seems there are many problems with the mavic. Did you get an answer from DJI after you send you flight analysis ? I sent mine 1 month ago and didn't get any... I juste asked to send the drone back for a repair. Drone has been received by DJI NL since 3 days and I'm waiting.
2017-4-12
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

Based on the Airdata, it looks like your GPS signal at takeoff was at the lower end of what would be considered 'good.' Then, for the rest of the flight the signal was even worse. The log doesn't show a switch into ATTI mode, but I think what sometimes happens is that when the Mavic loses GPS signal, it takes a while before it actually switches to ATTI mode. So there's a period of time when the GPS signal is actually really poor, and the Mavic really SHOULD be in ATTI mode, but it hasn't yet made the switch. It could be during this time of 'limbo' that people find the Mavic to be very unresponsive to commands, which sounds like what's affectionately known as BATTI mode.

Can you post a link to the Mavic's log file? There would be a lot more data in the .dat file for this flight.
2017-4-12
Use props
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-12 04:52
Based on the Airdata, it looks like your GPS signal at takeoff was at the lower end of what would be considered 'good.' Then, for the rest of the flight the signal was even worse. The log doesn't show a switch into ATTI mode, but I think what sometimes happens is that when the Mavic loses GPS signal, it takes a while before it actually switches to ATTI mode. So there's a period of time when the GPS signal is actually really poor, and the Mavic really SHOULD be in ATTI mode, but it hasn't yet made the switch. It could be during this time of 'limbo' that people find the Mavic to be very unresponsive to commands, which sounds like what's affectionately known as BATTI mode.

Can you post a link to the Mavic's log file? There would be a lot more data in the .dat file for this flight.

I posted the log file and a video from the DJI GO app on the following dropbox link : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/um057 ... e6AaImZ3g3mCa?dl=0. I can't find the flight in the app anymore. Is there any way to get it back ? I syncronised the flight to the cloud but DJI keep telling me the file is corrupted.

I will check for the .dat files.

Thanks so much for your help and the community, I felt so alone trying to get informations about what happened.
2017-4-12
Use props
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

Here is the picture showing that the flight log was sync to the cloud :

I'm not able to find it anymore on my phone...
2017-4-12
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

fans47339c01 Posted at 2017-4-12 05:55
Here is the picture showing that the flight log was sync to the cloud : [view_image]

I'm not able to find it anymore on my phone...

That is strange that you can't find it in your phone anymore.

However, you already have the .txt file for the flight, so you wouldn't get any extra information from the app. The .dat file containing all the detailed information is stored on the Mavic itself, so if you didn't pull the .dat file before sending your Mavic back to DJI, I don't think you're gonna be able to retrieve it. I'm not sure if DJI ever sends back log files on request.
2017-4-12
Use props
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-4-12 06:16
That is strange that you can't find it in your phone anymore.

However, you already have the .txt file for the flight, so you wouldn't get any extra information from the app. The .dat file containing all the detailed information is stored on the Mavic itself, so if you didn't pull the .dat file before sending your Mavic back to DJI, I don't think you're gonna be able to retrieve it. I'm not sure if DJI ever sends back log files on request.

Yeah really strange. All the flights are gone : .

Does anyone know where we can check the synced flights ?

Any DJI STAFF can help with a faster repair process : CAS-551345-L9R8N8 ??

I'm waiting for more than 1,5 month since I made the first request and didn't get any answer about the flight analysis or the files I sent. I was expecting for a better customer service experience.

2017-4-13
Use props
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

2017-4-13
Use props
fans47339c01
lvl.1
France

Hello guys,

After asking multi times to the chat, I was able to get an answer about the crash analysis. Here is the detail I received :

Aircraft worked at gps mode in flight.

2)Pilot pushed throttle down, and roll stick to the right and pitch stick backward and rudder to the right, aircraft descended and flew in rear-right direction and turned its head to the right, then crashed at t=89s when descending at 22 meters relative height.

Conclusion:
Pilot fault, chargeable RMA.

That is strange cause the drone went left and crashed after 22 seconds. The total recorder flight lasted 27 seconds. What is going on ?
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules