Tablets for Mavic Pro
4516 29 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Klydesign
lvl.1
United States

Question should I use the Ipad mini 4 or Nvidia Shield K1 with my Mavic Pro thanks any feed back helps

2017-3-30
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

I use iPad Mini 4, loads of processing power which is what you need.
2017-3-30
Use props
Klydesign
lvl.1
United States

kool thanks
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Shield K1 and Mini 3 and I like the Mini 3 much better.
2017-3-30
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

iPad Mini 4.
2017-3-30
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ditto -> iPad Mini 4!!!
Mini4.jpg
2017-3-30
Use props
Alessandro Gara
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

lol how do you hold the controller with that!
2017-3-30
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

In theory the Shield is said to have way more processing power and is the cheaper buy ((sorry I missed the MINI 4 part my refrence of the Shield having more power is between the MINI 3 ))..... BUT thats isn't saying that it's true when it somes down to it... I'm sure DJI GO 4 is tuned for IOS devieces since there isn't much varation between the IOS versions like Open Sourced Android... I just started using the Shield K1 and I like it... Buy what you can afford and something others use and I think you will be happy with either decision
2017-3-30
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alessandro Gara Posted at 2017-3-30 10:45
lol how do you hold the controller with that!

With one hand, sometimes two hands. But I do understand that 298.8 gams or .65 pounds is quite a load for some.....
2017-3-30
Use props
Alessandro Gara
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

this is what i use for ipad mini 4

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

works great =)
2017-3-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

There both good but nvidia shield is hard to see in direct sunlight. iOS app is better than android
2017-3-30
Use props
Klydesign
lvl.1
United States

thanks is there any lag when going far out
2017-4-2
Use props
Socalrob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have Nvidia shield and now mini 4, the mini 4 is better. Better brightness and easy to use in the controller. No disconnects either with the mini 4.
2017-4-2
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Klydesign Posted at 2017-4-2 18:20
thanks is there any lag when going far out

The iPad Mini 4 has an A8/M8, second-generation, 64-bit chip architecture with Hardware acceleration available within the GO4 App. No lag at all between the RC and the mobile device. Stories of mobile device lags and crashes are usually caused by "other processes/programs" running side-by-side with the DJI GO4 app and causing the problems with both android and iOS devices. If possible ($$$) try to use a "dedicated mobile device" where you fully control the installed application set and manage their execution/running.

2017-4-3
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

im a nvidia shield k1 user for the hdmi out port as i use my fatshark dominators for fpv
2017-4-3
Use props
Klydesign
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-4-3 04:50
The iPad Mini 4 has an A8/M8, second-generation, 64-bit chip architecture with Hardware acceleration available within the GO4 App. No lag at all between the RC and the mobile device. Stories of mobile device lags and crashes are usually caused by "other processes/programs" running side-by-side with the DJI GO4 app and causing the problems with both android and iOS devices. If possible ($$$) try to use a "dedicated mobile device" where you fully control the installed application set and manage their execution/running.

thanks i just got my ipad mini 4 today
2017-4-4
Use props
POTUS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475850 ft
United States

I have the same setup and love it but would recommend flipping your iPad around so the magnetic side doesn't interfere with the controller. I saw that tip on another feed and have been setting it up that way ever since.
2017-4-5
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

POTUS Posted at 2017-4-5 01:28
I have the same setup and love it but would recommend flipping your iPad around so the magnetic side doesn't interfere with the controller. I saw that tip on another feed and have been setting it up that way ever since.

Thanks for the suggestion, very informative and beneficial!

With the Mavic Remote Controller, DJI uses smaller Hall Effect joysticks, rather than larger Potentiometer joysticks. Thus any large magnetic field can affect the joysticks. The Hall Effect sensors are on the bottom of the RC directly below the two joysticks, so you do want to keep magnets away from the RC while controlling the aircraft.

The iPad series has a feature called Magic Button that also use Hall Effect sensors and internal magnets on both the left and right sides of the iPad that hold the optional iPad cover to put the device into sleep mode when the cover is closed. With the iPad power button on top and the round touch button on the bottom, then the stronger magnet holds the cover closed on the right side of the iPad, while smaller magnets on the left side allow the cover to be folded and used as a device stand. So POTUS's suggestion is credible and needs consideration.

My iPad orientation was primarily due to wanting the power button and audio rocker buttons on the bottom and not squeezed into the RC holder, but while I've never had any problems with the RC joysticks, I'll consider POTUS's suggestion just to be on the safe/cautious side as other have reported issues as shown in the Facebook video below (thanks to iPhone-Repair-iFixitShop). Not to be an alarmist, the magnetic field must be large to affect the Hall Effect sensors, and while I have flown repeatedly with my iPad orientation, flying on the side of safely and caution is always correct!

Thanks POTUS!

https://www.facebook.com/iFixItShop.CigarGuy/videos/1195407727175405/
2017-4-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Klydesign,

Another thing no one said is you want to be able to See your Mavic controller just incase app crashes or loss of Video Feed
2017-4-5
Use props
Shamus
lvl.1
United States

+1 for this. It feels incredibly stable and well built, but barely fits the mini. I took a razor and rounded a bit of the leading edge of the foam to help it slide in.

And this hood for the iPad.
2017-4-5
Use props
Klydesign
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-5 06:21
Klydesign,

Another thing no one said is you want to be able to See your Mavic controller just incase app crashes or loss of Video Feed

good point thanks
2017-4-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Hey Kly,

It's also good if the app does crash on the device you are using --- you still have control with the RC
it will still show all warnings and Flight telemetry it just wouldn't talk to you , it is all visual except for Beeps and vibrations
Hope this is a little more useful Info

2017-4-5
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

How are you guys doing follow me and making home points?  WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH ALL OF MY PHONES AND TABS? None of them work?

I am returning it an then will buy it again from DJI.

I am returning it rather than replacing it so I don't get a replacement used one for a new bird.

I bought a new bird, I should I get a new bird, that works!
2017-4-5
Use props
Klydesign
lvl.1
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-5 18:05
Hey Kly,

It's also good if the app does crash on the device you are using --- you still have control with the RC

the RTH button on the remote do you have to hold it down to activate it or just press it
2017-4-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Klydesign Posted at 2017-4-7 08:21
the RTH button on the remote do you have to hold it down to activate it or just press it

Kly,
I found out that I had to hold it down till the Remote showed or app said  it was engaged  
2017-4-7
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-7 08:35
Kly,
I found out that I had to hold it down till the Remote showed or app said  it was engaged

a quick push does not engage it
2017-4-7
Use props
Klydesign
lvl.1
United States

Kly,

ok thanks
2017-4-15
Use props
Klydesign
lvl.1
United States

Kly,

ok thanks
2017-4-15
Use props
Beezzzzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280522 ft
United States

iPad Mini 4 all day
2017-4-15
Use props
Conzman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 443054 ft
United States

Just purchased (haven't tried yet) the iPad Mini 4 from Micro-center (Cincinnati, oh)...it is the 32gb version for an incredible $279 - in store only purchase. If you have one in your area - from my research - this is a fantastic deal!  These 32gb versions I don't think are sold by Apple any longer...so the price must be about to drop - this price is $70 cheaper than the lowest price I could find.  They only had the Gold Edition - wouldn't be my 1st choice in color but for the price I really don't care.
2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules