Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Calibrating the VPS system
2918 10 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Viper Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

THe Go4 app is showing a warning to calibrate the VPS system.  When I connect to the DJI Assistant and select calibration I see the short tutorials but am not able to continue on to the calibration process. THe calibration page indicates to reboot the aircraft but after doing that I'm back to the 3 tutorials, never allowing me to start calibration.  What am I doing wrong?

2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What is the Assistant 2 version you installed? how about the operating system for your computer?
2017-3-30
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia is asking because DJI Assistant 2 version 1.1.0-2 tried to fix bugs causing driver installation failure in Version 1.1.0.

The latest version of DJI Assistant2 can be downloaded from -> DJI Inspire 2 Download link...

For the vision calibration to work, the DJI Assistant 2 must load a driver that was previously unsigned. See this thread for previous issues with version 1.1.0 and previous -> Previous DJI Assistant 2 thread

If you're using the latest version of the Assistant 2, please let us know. Otherwise download and install the latest version and try again.
2017-3-31
Use props
Viper Pilot
Captain
United States

Thanks for the responses. I will check and get back with that information.
2017-3-31
Use props
Viper Pilot
Captain
United States

I am using Assistant 1.1.0-2 and my computer OS is Windows 10 with all the latest updates.  I will reload Assistant from the link above and see if is still not working.
2017-3-31
Use props
Daroga
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-3-31 03:31
I am using Assistant 1.1.0-2 and my computer OS is Windows 10 with all the latest updates.  I will reload Assistant from the link above and see if is still not working.

Viper Pilot,

Also note that the DJI Assistant 2 only support a display resolution of 1600x900 for the calibration (must be for the dot-size pattern), also only single monitor displays are supported (no multi-monitors)...
2017-3-31
Use props
Viper Pilot
Captain
United States

VPS Calibration update.  Successfully completed the VPS calibration.  Here is the whole story:

My I2 has been performing very well and no issues except for those 'small' items reported on here such as the loose red propellers and a few 'bugs' in the latest FW update (V.240).  However, a few days ago, after a few good flight tests, I noticed that Go 4 app indicated a information 'warning' to recalibrate the VPS system.  Don't know why that showed up cause I experienced no harsh landings or mishandling. Anyway, I attempted to calibrate the VPS using the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 and kept receiving the notice to 'reboot' the I2 as explained above.   With the help of suggestions from this Forum, I looked into both the screen resolution settings as well as the drivers being used by Assistant 2.   As suggested I verified that my display settings were 1920X1080 and not 1600X900 as mentioned above.  Also, as mentioned in the above post by Daroga, I verified that my computer did not have the correct driver for doing the VPS calibration using Assistant 2.   I made the corrections to the screen resolution and installed the correct drivers and the VPS calibration worked successfully.

Thanks again to everyone who helped and hope this helps others.   However, still not sure why the I2 wanted the VPS to be recalibrated in the first place but it's done and all is well again!
2017-3-31
Use props
Daroga
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-3-31 06:58
VPS Calibration update.  Successfully completed the VPS calibration.  Here is the whole story:

My I2 has been performing very well and no issues except for those 'small' items reported on here such as the loose red propellers and a few 'bugs' in the latest FW update (V.240).  However, a few days ago, after a few good flight tests, I noticed that Go 4 app indicated a information 'warning' to recalibrate the VPS system.  Don't know why that showed up cause I experienced no harsh landings or mishandling. Anyway, I attempted to calibrate the VPS using the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 and kept receiving the notice to 'reboot' the I2 as explained above.   With the help of suggestions from this Forum, I looked into both the screen resolution settings as well as the drivers being used by Assistant 2.   As suggested I verified that my display settings were 1920X1080 and not 1600X900 as mentioned above.  Also, as mentioned in the above post by Daroga, I verified that my computer did not have the correct driver for doing the VPS calibration using Assistant 2.   I made the corrections to the screen resolution and installed the correct drivers and the VPS calibration worked successfully.

Excellent, I'm so glad you got it sorted out. Your I2 is too beautiful an aircraft to not be flying!!!

Always fly safely, and best of luck with your I2!
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-3-31 06:58

Good to hear it got sorted.
2017-3-31
Use props
Viper Pilot
Captain
United States

Just as a suggestion, I think it would help future I2 folks who have to do a VPS calibration using Assistant 2 that a note be included in the instructions to set the computer screen resolution to no more then 1600X900.  That would keep others from having the same difficulty I did.  Just a suggestion!
2017-3-31
Use props
OZIROGUE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111627 ft
Australia

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-3-31 12:33
Just as a suggestion, I think it would help future I2 folks who have to do a VPS calibration using Assistant 2 that a note be included in the instructions to set the computer screen resolution to no more then 1600X900.  That would keep others from having the same difficulty I did.  Just a suggestion!

Good point, took me hours trying to work out why this bloody aircraft wouldn't calibrate....simple fix change the screen res and bingo...
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules