My first day using the Dji Osmo+
1032 3 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Odam
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello friends, i would mean alot to me if you guys would like to view my first OSMO video ever. I really like the camera and hope to make great videos in the future. Critisism is welcome!

Cheers from Sweden!

2017-3-30
Use props
bI5Qo9anSAyJ
New
Finland

Looking nice, although the image seems to have similar compression issues with other DJI cameras (the image looking a bit pixelated when there's lots of details in the image). Other than that, looks great! Hopefully you had luck with the fish

I'm considering buying the OSMO+ but I have a question regarding the timelapse features and it's been hard to come up with the answer. I've had the chance to play around with the original OSMO for a bit, and it has a frustrating feature with the timelapse. For an example, if I want to shoot a hyperlapse while walking around, the video output only allows for 720p quality video, which is basically unusable. The interval feature records full size images but can be useful only for stationary timelapses because it limits the time between shots to a minimum of 10 seconds. Because walking hyperlapse shots need the interval to be around 1-2 seconds, the interval feature won't work in that use. Hence, the only way to record proper hyperlapses with 4K resolution is to actually film the whole thing with normal framerates and then speed it up in post, but that in turn will make file sizes very large.

Has this issue been fixed for the OSMO+? In the timelapse feature, does the system output actual 4K quality timelapses? As it has been pointed out, it really makes no sense not to have this feature since the sensor shouldn't have problems recording 1fps in 4K. Even most current high-end smartphones have no problem with this feature. If the OSMO+ has the same 720p shenanigans it will probably be a deal breaker for me.

Regards from your neighbor Finland.
2017-3-30
Use props
Odam
lvl.1

Sweden

bI5Qo9anSAyJ Posted at 2017-3-30 16:31
Looking nice, although the image seems to have similar compression issues with other DJI cameras (the image looking a bit pixelated when there's lots of details in the image). Other than that, looks great! Hopefully you had luck with the fish

I'm considering buying the OSMO+ but I have a question regarding the timelapse features and it's been hard to come up with the answer. I've had the chance to play around with the original OSMO for a bit, and it has a frustrating feature with the timelapse. For an example, if I want to shoot a hyperlapse while walking around, the video output only allows for 720p quality video, which is basically unusable. The interval feature records full size images but can be useful only for stationary timelapses because it limits the time between shots to a minimum of 10 seconds. Because walking hyperlapse shots need the interval to be around 1-2 seconds, the interval feature won't work in that use. Hence, the only way to record proper hyperlapses with 4K resolution is to actually film the whole thing with normal framerates and then speed it up in post, but that in turn will make file sizes very large.

Yea I see that it is a bit pixelated anyone know how to avoid that? Kind of bad.

Regarding timelapseI haven't tried it yet but i will come back to you when I know. Thank you for the comment <3
2017-3-30
Use props
Petskuta
New
Finland

Odam Posted at 2017-3-30 22:20
Yea I see that it is a bit pixelated anyone know how to avoid that? Kind of bad.

Regarding timelapseI haven't tried it yet but i will come back to you when I know. Thank you for the comment

The pixelation is usually a combination of a lot of detail in the image, the camera's video output codec (it compresses the footage to begin with), editing software export codec and sometimes YouTube's own compression. To make some of the pixelation go away I've upped the bitrate when exporting from Premiere to around 25 - 35 Mb/s or even higher if needed. That results in larger file sizes, though. When it comes to publishing, Vimeo might be a bit easier on your video than YouTube with the compression. But the most sure way to get rid of it is of course avoiding those high-detail shots, maybe shooting more with the 77m zoom on the OSMO+. Hope this helps!
2017-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules