Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Question about DJI refresh on a repaired Mavic
704 4 2017-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snap_Shot
lvl.1
United States

Hello DJI and forum,

When I initially bought my Mavic through Ebay I didnt not know until after I crashed the mavic that there was a refresh program that you could purchase. Curently my Mavic is getting
$300 worth of repairs and is about to be sent back to me from DJI.

My question is, when I get it back in my hands is it considered "new" since it was repaired? Can I add the refresh up to 2 days after getting it back or do I have to do the video?

Thanks in advance!

Snap_Shot
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

No you cannot add Refresh after it's been back from repair.
But you can email djicare@dji.com to see if there's any options for you.
2017-3-30
Use props
Snap_Shot
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the fast reply Ken!
2017-3-30
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Snap_Shot Posted at 2017-3-30 11:51
Thanks for the fast reply Ken!

I saw that you also mentioned in another thread that you're in Massachusetts and can't get a State Farm there, so that's kind of a double whammy. Care Refresh and State Farm are probably the two best options, but they aren't the only ones.

You may want to consider a "service contract" from a place like Neary Aerial, where you pay a fixed amount in exchange for a promise to have your drone repaired if it crashes. There are also some plans like that sold through Amazon, but at least one of them has a spotty reputation in terms of actually delivering on the contract promises, so be sure to research the company before you sign up. Neary's not a large organization but has been around a little while and as best I can tell has a good reputation for delivering on their promises. Some local hobby / drone also offer similar plans, so you may want to check the ones around you, if any, to see what's available.
2017-3-30
Use props
Snap_Shot
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-30 11:58
I saw that you also mentioned in another thread that you're in Massachusetts and can't get a State Farm there, so that's kind of a double whammy. Care Refresh and State Farm are probably the two best options, but they aren't the only ones.

You may want to consider a "service contract" from a place like Neary Aerial, where you pay a fixed amount in exchange for a promise to have your drone repaired if it crashes. There are also some plans like that sold through Amazon, but at least one of them has a spotty reputation in terms of actually delivering on the contract promises, so be sure to research the company before you sign up. Neary's not a large organization but has been around a little while and as best I can tell has a good reputation for delivering on their promises. Some local hobby / drone also offer similar plans, so you may want to check the ones around you, if any, to see what's available.

Hi DroneFlying,

I emailed djicare as per stated by Ken and they agreed to let me put DJI care refresh on the mavic when it gets back to me. I just have to do it the video way. I appreciate all the information!
2017-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules