Reinstall the X3 camera with Z3 firmware and X5 mount?
2403 10 2017-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyranger
New
Flight distance : 379649 ft
United States

As suggested by many here, when I upgraded to Z3 camera from X3, I also added the larger X5 mount. Unfortunately, my new Z3 camera is malfunctioning (soft focus around the edges + auto focus intermittent). I want to reinstall my X3 camera while repair of Z3 is underway.
When I tried putting my original X3 on the beefier X5 mount, the Inspire did not like that and would not recognize/configure the X3 camera.
Is that a X5 mount compatibility issue with the X3...should the X3 work on the X5 mount?
Does the X5 mount work only with Z3 and X5 cameras?
Or, since I uploaded the Z3 firmware, is the Inspire 1 now only compatible with Z3 camera?
For that matter, if I move up to the X5, will all cameras still work on the Inspire in the event one fails and I need to move back?
Thanks,
Bob
2017-3-31
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Have you got the correct firmware for the X3?

Mark G.
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The X3 would work fine with the X5 mount. Just to clarify, are all the components up to date or perhaps is the X3 an update or so behind?
2017-3-31
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

I only have the X3 mount that came with my inspire, but I switch back and forth between the X and Z without any issues.
2017-4-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

All of these cameras are compatible with the new X5 mount. Each camera has a different FW and needs to be current on your Inspire 1. You updated the Z3 on your Inspire and it is also necessary to update the X3 FW  too.

go here and select the correct camera to get the FW needed

http://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads

Rich
2017-4-2
Use props
skyranger
New
Flight distance : 379649 ft
United States

Thanks everyone...I did have the current firmware on board for both cameras, but will refresh all.
Appreciate the info that folks are switching back and forth between X3 and Z3 on this mount as needed.
That was what I was worried about.
Did not know if each time I moved back and forth if I had to change the firmware to the different camera at the time...or if the Inspire remembered the difference.
I do have the x5 camera here now and will also try that.
Thanks again,
Bob
2017-4-16
Use props
Craig540
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1292339 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-2 09:35
All of these cameras are compatible with the new X5 mount. Each camera has a different FW and needs to be current on your Inspire 1. You updated the Z3 on your Inspire and it is also necessary to update the X3 FW  too.

go here and select the correct camera to get the FW needed

So the correct procedure to go from x3 to x5 is. install upgraded absorption/mounting plate, then with the x3 mounted install the latest firmware for x3.
Then mount the x5 and do the same.
Or do i not need to install x3 firmware since i already have the latest firmware?
2018-2-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Craig540 Posted at 2018-2-8 13:03
So the correct procedure to go from x3 to x5 is. install upgraded absorption/mounting plate, then with the x3 mounted install the latest firmware for x3.
Then mount the x5 and do the same.
Or do i not need to install x3 firmware since i already have the latest firmware?

Hi Craig,

If I understand you correctly;  if you already have the latest FW installed on the X3 with your aircraft, all you will need to update is the X5 camera. Assuming you have installed the new updated camera mounting plate first.

Rich
2018-2-8
Use props
Craig540
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-2-8 16:09
Hi Craig,

If I understand you correctly;  if you already have the latest FW installed on the X3 with your aircraft, all you will need to update is the X5 camera. Assuming you have installed the new updated camera mounting plate first.

I have not installed the updated camera mounting plate.
So having the latest X3 firmware i just need to install the updated camera mounting plate
and the the X5 then X5 firmware.
I was thinking because i changed to the updated camera mounting plate that i would have to reinstall the latest X3  firmware with the updated camera mounting plate installed.
Thanks Rich for the reply.
2018-2-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Craig540 Posted at 2018-2-8 21:28
I have not installed the updated camera mounting plate.
So having the latest X3 firmware i just need to install the updated camera mounting plate
and the the X5 then X5 firmware.

As far as I can see there was nothing on the mounting plate that would require any updates. New style mount has a bigger surface area with better shock absorption to handle the heavier camera X5R etc...

no worries
Rich
2018-2-8
Use props
Craig540
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I installed the X5 and my inspire already has the latest firmware, both transmitter and craft. I bought the inspire used and he said it was a refresh replacemnet from DJI, so they must have installed both firmwares.

2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules