Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lightbridge 2 Range
1923 6 2017-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmyers
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I seem to  be getting a range of around 350-400 meters before the live feed from my light bridge 2 is dropping out.  It says the connection   I am flying with a Matrice 600 and depend on that live feed for aircraft orientation.  Has anyone experienced this?  I am flying with the latest Light bridge 2 firmware and RC Controller firmware.  Please help.

Thanks,
D
2017-3-31
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
are you running a single camera and if so is the hd slider at 100% ??

ricci
2017-3-31
Use props
dmyers
lvl.1
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-3-31 12:51
Hi,
are you running a single camera and if so is the hd slider at 100% ??

Hi,

Yes I'm using a single go pro.  I am using Litchi as my primary flight app and there are 2 options HDMI and FPV LB (I assume low bandwidth).  I believe I experienced the dropouts with both HDMI and LB but I will make sure to switch to low bandwidth in the future.  Have you had this happen when trying to transmit the full quality picture i.e. the hd slider at 100%?

D
2017-3-31
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

dmyers Posted at 2017-3-31 14:45
Hi,

Yes I'm using a single go pro.  I am using Litchi as my primary flight app and there are 2 options HDMI and FPV LB (I assume low bandwidth).  I believe I experienced the dropouts with both HDMI and LB but I will make sure to switch to low bandwidth in the future.  Have you had this happen when trying to transmit the full quality picture i.e. the hd slider at 100%?

Hi,
I run two cameras, X5 and thermal on the Hdmi, on some occasions when I am at max altitude I have dropouts. I found the controllers antenna work better horizontal when I go high. I then switch to 100% Lb to get the best picture because the thermal is recorded on the M600 via a separate mini linux computer.
I have only flown 1.2km away and it was in the open however it worked fine at 100% but not 50%.
Have you used the Go app to see if you get the same issue. I use Autopilot sometimes and it occasionally lets me down with signal breakup at distance.
The cause could be many things so if I were investigating this on my craft I would be as methodical as possible in the testing. Worst case is it’s hardware and the LB2 or the controller can be sent back for replacement, however to get to this conclusion you have to illuminate all the other possible software and wiring issues depending on your time and willingness to get involved, it may be better to take it back to the place of purchase and let them do the work if its nearby.
There is a great deal of knowledge here plus a willingness to help fellow flyers, the admins too are great as they also are hands on flyers.

happy testing

Ricci
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dmyers Posted at 2017-3-31 14:45
Hi,

Just to clarify, does this happen with the Go app as well?
2017-3-31
Use props
dmyers
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-31 21:29
Just to clarify, does this happen with the Go app as well?

Hi Jamie,

I am going to do a test with DJI Go as well but haven't yet.  I will let you know the results.  Thanks for your help diagnosing the problem.

D
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dmyers Posted at 2017-4-4 08:47
Hi Jamie,

I am going to do a test with DJI Go as well but haven't yet.  I will let you know the results.  Thanks for your help diagnosing the problem.

Whenever you have the chance would be appreciated.
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules