Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gyoung5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102815 ft
United States

Hi All

I am writing to say thank you to DJI.

First a little about me, I have been working on promoting a drone video project for my employer and just go the green light to start. Before beginning the project, I test flew my Phantom 4, everything OK, decided to update the software and calibrate. After downloading the update and completing the calibration, my gimbal stopped working. Contacted DJI and they promptly supplied a shipping label and DJI received the unit two days later.

Beginning of problem;
On 3/23 DJI sent an email stating the drone is in the mail and I should see it in 3 days (3/26). I told employer that I expect it back on 3/30 (spare time to cover emergencies). On 3/29 I called and ask DJI where the drone was, they responded with another email saying the drone is in the mail and I will receive it in 3 days (big problem).

Attempt Solution:
Called DJI and was horrible disappointed with the reps response. Being solution oriented, I ask to speak to his supervisor.

The Solution:
Took a while on hold but eventually reached the person above the initial DJI rep. The young lady was awesome. She listened to my situation, apologized and then proceeded to solve my problem. She verified were my unit was repaired and then one day shipped the unit back. My project is starting on time (employer is very happy). This person should be a model for the rest of the reps at DJI.   She was not overly apologetic about the problem but was solution oriented. Right on.

Unfortunate, I did not write her name down; please forward a Thank You to the representative.
Case No. CAS-500113-T3Z7F4
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Thank you for the positive feed back, it's good to hear it got sorted.
2017-3-31
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Well, you were lucky. My case CAS-504466-V6N1J6 got in someone's hands who is not in a hurry I purchased 3 weeks ago a DOA Phantom 4 and DJI received my dead RC last Thursday. They opened the box on Tuesday, next day someone concluded I should get a replacement but they forgot to ship it. uPS ground shipping to Toronto takes 7 days. I am very disappointed.
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-31 15:47
Well, you were lucky. My case CAS-504466-V6N1J6 got in someone's hands who is not in a hurry  I purchased 3 weeks ago a DOA Phantom 4 and DJI received my dead RC last Thursday. They opened the box on Tuesday, next day someone concluded I should get a replacement but they forgot to ship it. uPS ground shipping to Toronto takes 7 days. I am very disappointed.

Your case is under process, sorry for the inconvenience caused, I've informed the department to help you handle it shortly, appreciate you patience, Callatis.
2017-3-31
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-31 19:49
Your case is under process, sorry for the inconvenience caused, I've informed the department to help you handle it shortly, appreciate you patience, Callatis.

Thanks Natalia. Unfortunately I got the same response from every single DJI tech support I got in contact via e-mail or online chat. Everyone was nice and embarrassed at the same time by the delay and they promised their best.
In the meantime I paid $1600 for a DOA product, I am loosing a month of warranty for a product I purchased defective and I hope everyday someone is going to do his job and ship me the replacement. I am not seeking any compensation for the inconvenience of not being able to use a product I paid a considerable amount of money but I am asking DJI to prolong the warranty from the moment the RC gets delivered to me. DJI has to take responsibility for this DOA product and the warranty should start from the moment the product is running. This is not a case where the customer used the product for a while and then the RC was shipped back for repairs. This is a DOA where one of your Canadian vendors does not take back open boxes. It's a lesson for me not to buy from Bestbuy anymore, yet, the product was DOA and this is the manufacturer's fault.
Natalia I followed your posts, you are nice and you are trying to help everybody, but what happens behind the 1st level support it puts you and your colleagues in a very difficult position.
I am really upset but I still hope DJI cares about their name and their customers.
2017-4-1
Use props
Linlo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2500 ft
Finland

Hi all.

I bought P3 4K 22.2.2017. The first copter had a bad camera with extremely soft image and a bad compass, causing  the bird to drift away and switching between GPS and ATTI mode. Have not being able to use the first copter, but instead being fighting with the re seller. Finally, the service company told me that ok, they promise to swap to a new copter. The copter came in last week, and of course, the compass was not working. The service company told me no worries, UPS will pick it up quickly, but they never showed up, so I am going to bring it to their service center. Then, the copter will travel to Holland, I think, which will take some days and I may be lucky to have it back in couple of weeks. So, what do I think? The money was happily accepted and after one and half month, my flying experience is around 1 hour. In scale of 1-10, DJI scores barely 1.
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Callatis Posted at 2017-4-1 04:30
Thanks Natalia. Unfortunately I got the same response from every single DJI tech support I got in contact via e-mail or online chat. Everyone was nice and embarrassed at the same time by the delay and they promised their best.
In the meantime I paid $1600 for a DOA product, I am loosing a month of warranty for a product I purchased defective and I hope everyday someone is going to do his job and ship me the replacement. I am not seeking any compensation for the inconvenience of not being able to use a product I paid a considerable amount of money but I am asking DJI to prolong the warranty from the moment the RC gets delivered to me. DJI has to take responsibility for this DOA product and the warranty should start from the moment the product is running. This is not a case where the customer used the product for a while and then the RC was shipped back for repairs. This is a DOA where one of your Canadian vendors does not take back open boxes. It's a lesson for me not to buy from Bestbuy anymore, yet, the product was DOA and this is the manufacturer's fault.
Natalia I followed your posts, you are nice and you are trying to help everybody, but what happens behind the 1st level support it puts you and your colleagues in a very difficult position.

We do understand how you feel, and are trying our best to help you resolve it soon.
Just checked the status, our support contacted you yesterday and explained the situation, thanks for your understanding.
For product warranty period, we're very sorry that the starting time cannot be changed. I've reported your concern to the local department to see what we can do for you.
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Linlo Posted at 2017-4-1 23:02
Hi all.

I bought P3 4K 22.2.2017. The first copter had a bad camera with extremely soft image and a bad compass, causing  the bird to drift away and switching between GPS and ATTI mode. Have not being able to use the first copter, but instead being fighting with the re seller. Finally, the service company told me that ok, they promise to swap to a new copter. The copter came in last week, and of course, the compass was not working. The service company told me no worries, UPS will pick it up quickly, but they never showed up, so I am going to bring it to their service center. Then, the copter will travel to Holland, I think, which will take some days and I may be lucky to have it back in couple of weeks. So, what do I think? The money was happily accepted and after one and half month, my flying experience is around 1 hour. In scale of 1-10, DJI scores barely 1.

Linlo, sincerely sorry for the difficulties you're experiencing.
What's your case number so we can look into it for you?
2017-4-4
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-4 23:28
We do understand how you feel, and are trying our best to help you resolve it soon.
Just checked the status, our support contacted you yesterday and explained the situation, thanks for your understanding.
For product warranty period, we're very sorry that the starting time cannot be changed. I've reported your concern to the local department to see what we can do for you.

Hi Natalia,
I am really sorry I have to write you again. This case it's dragging too long and beside everyone being nice and trying to escalate my case nothing is happening.
I was told a week ago the Remote Controller is defective (DOA) and I was approved shipping of a replacement, I was even called by one of the supervisors who couldn't promise me a shipping date.

Can you keep the defective one and ship me a new RC like I was doing an online purchase? I didn't fly this drone for a minute, you can see the logs. Why do I keep a defective product? Why no one is doing something?

This Sunday it will be a month since I paid for a DOA product that I cannot enjoy.
I work in Customer Support as well but I cannot treat my clients the way DJI is looking after my case. I have to give my clients a reasonable explanation and I have to compensate them for my inability to help with their case.

If you are not able to ship me a replacement RC I am asking DJI to contact Bestbuy Canada and authorize a product exchange. It is not the customer who has to deal with bad Customer Service.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Callatis Posted at 2017-4-5 08:24
Hi Natalia,
I am really sorry I have to write you again. This case it's dragging too long and beside everyone being nice and trying to escalate my case nothing is happening.
I was told a week ago the Remote Controller is defective (DOA) and I was approved shipping of a replacement, I was even called by one of the supervisors who couldn't promise me a shipping date.

Callatis, your unit has been shipped out, hope you would receive it soon.
We care much about your experience on our product and service, we're working hard to improve, sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, appreciate your patience.
2017-4-6
Use props
Linlo
lvl.2
Finland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-4 23:35
Linlo, sincerely sorry for the difficulties you're experiencing.
What's your case number so we can look into it for you?

Still nothing. The service is just telling me to be patient and wait (in written) CAS-543363-K8T2W2
2017-4-7
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-6 18:04
We care much about your experience on our product and service, we're working hard to improve, sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, appreciate your patience.

Hi Natalia.
Thanks a lot. I did receive the notification last night as well as the UPS tracking number. It seems I should get the RC before the Good Friday!
Thanks again!
2017-4-7
Use props
Captain PIC
lvl.2
Finland

Well, it seams as it is going to be 2 months from the purchase and no drone {:4_154:}
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Linlo Posted at 2017-4-7 07:44
Still nothing. The service is just telling me to be patient and wait (in written)  CAS-543363-K8T2W2

You asked the dealer to help you sent the drone in for repair, right? I did not see a tracking number in the system. I'd like to know more detaile so that I can look into the case and help you out.
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Callatis Posted at 2017-4-7 08:38
Hi Natalia.
Thanks a lot. I did receive the notification last night as well as the UPS tracking number. It seems I should get the RC before the Good Friday!
Thanks again!

That's great, enjoy the flight!
Looking forward some nice pictures and videos from you.
2017-4-9
Use props
Captain PIC
lvl.2
Finland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-9 18:52
You asked the dealer to help you sent the drone in for repair, right? I did not see a tracking number in the system. I'd like to know more detaile so that I can look into the case and help you out.

This is all I know...

A case.JPG

Info

Info
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I've forwarded your case to the local designated team, asked them to escalate what happened on your case, then keep you updated.
Appreciate your patience!
2017-4-10
Use props
Captain PIC
lvl.2
Finland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-10 00:16
I've forwarded your case to the local designated team, asked them to escalate what happened on your case, then keep you updated.
Appreciate your patience!

Thank you The shipment has arrived to the service center

UPS

UPS
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Captain PIC Posted at 2017-4-10 00:39
Thank you  The shipment has arrived to the service center

My pleasure, and appreciate your detailed information.
I think the delay might be caused by weekend, since it takes a few business days to check in and update the system.
2017-4-10
Use props
Captain PIC
lvl.2
Finland

Still nothing after six days at the service center....{:4_157:}
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Captain PIC Posted at 2017-4-11 09:18
Still nothing after six days at the service center....

It has been checked in already, sorry about it.
2017-4-12
Use props
Captain PIC
lvl.2
Finland

As I have said earlier:
I bought P3 4K 22.2.2017. The first copter had a bad camera with extremely soft image and a bad compass, causing  the bird to drift away and switching between GPS and ATTI mode. Have not being able to use the first copter, but instead being fighting with the re seller. Finally, the service company told me that ok, they promise to swap to a new copter. The copter came in last week, and of course, the compass was not working. The service company told me no worries, UPS will pick it up quickly, but they never showed up, so I am going to bring it to their service center. Then, the copter will travel to Holland, I think, which will take some days and I may be lucky to have it back in couple of weeks. So, what do I think? The money was happily accepted and after one and half month, my flying experience is around 1 hour. In scale of 1-10, DJI scores barely 1. So far, the copter has traveled to Holland by truck, that's all. I could understand if I it was my fault and I broke the copter, it could be as a punishment because of my ignorance but as it was a bad product, combined with bad service...   Still the score is 1.
2017-4-12
Use props
Captain PIC
lvl.2
Finland

Absolutely nothing.... So, it seems that I have to withdraw my purchase

Nothing

Nothing
2017-4-13
Use props
Captain PIC
lvl.2
Finland

Permanent beginner... And why? do you ask, because DJI took my drone, and then, nothing  else seem to happen... {:4_154:}
2017-4-17
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-6 18:04

Hi Natalia!
I received the RC and I had no issues charging it and linking it to my drone. I didn't fly yet but it should be OK. For the last few days I borrowed a friend's RC as the weather got better up North.
Thanks again!
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Callatis Posted at 2017-4-18 14:14
Hi Natalia!
I received the RC and I had no issues charging it and linking it to my drone. I didn't fly yet but it should be OK. For the last few days I borrowed a friend's RC as the weather got better up North.
Thanks again!

Thanks for your update and nice to know it performs fine.
Please fly it in a suitable environment, hope you have great time on the drone, looking forward some wonderful pictures and videos from you!
2017-4-18
Use props
Captain PIC
lvl.2
Finland

Maybe they are just testing my nerves ....
2017-4-19
Use props
Captain PIC
lvl.2
Finland

Great Service? Third month after purchase have just started, but no drone. On the other hand, I don't really care any more as I will return the DJunk whenever it appears.
2017-4-21
Use props
Captain PIC
lvl.2
Finland

Still no drone, 4th month from purchase. Absolutely Super Great Service? I would say Worst Service Ever {:4_154:}
2017-4-30
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Captain PIC Posted at 2017-4-30 00:17
Still no drone, 4th month from purchase. Absolutely Super Great Service? I would say Worst Service Ever

Just out of interest, what planet do you live on?  
Your months seem to be considerably shorter than ours here on Earth
2017-4-30
Use props
Captain PIC
lvl.2
Finland

Ordered feb (this year) seems to be back may, and hopefully this year Not whole brexit months though
2017-4-30
Use props
fans03c5fc4c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2982 ft
United States

The DJI Support Rep hung up on me! After purchasing 8 DJI products, this is my first experience with DJI Support for the Mavic Pro which arrived defective out-of-the-box. Frustrating process (after being issued 3 case#'s) the latest was to be escalated, but not clear as to what that means. At this point, DJI received my defective Mavic on Thursday July 27th. My hope is for a speedy replacement; we'll see.
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules