iPhone SE + Moondog Labs Anamarophic Lense - small problem...
1388 1 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mandelay
New
Austria

Hi, I have the following  same set up: iPhone SE + Osmo mobile + moondog labs anamorphic lense + Filmic Pro - and I have a small problem:
in the standard mode of the Osmo you can see the Osmo's roll axis on the right edge of the screen - this happens due to the perspective of the anamorphic lense and the small size of the iPhone SE which forces you to put it to the very right side of the holder in order to achieve a balanced position -  does anybody have the same problem and knows how to solve it?
Thanks for any solution
TT

2017-4-1
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi. I also have an iPhone SE with the 1.33x moondog labs adapter. I also got the new moondog counterweight kit for the Osmo Mobile. My problem has been keeping the gimbal motor out of the shot. The iPhone SE is a great device for the Osmo because the phone is so small, but when you add the adapter the phone gets pushed so far to the left that the sensor doesn't think there is a phone attached! Why is that sensor there anyway? I hear you can put a piece of tape over it to trick it but haven't tried.
Anyway, back to the new moondog counterweights. It's 2 weights that connect to the gimbal bracket using a magnet. I found both weights are too  much for the iPhone SE and still had the problem of the Osmo showing up in the widescreen shot or being so far offset that the sensor wouldn't pick it up. But, just using only one weight which will stay secured to the top of the gimbal arm without the second weight, I could find a sweet spot where the iPhone SE was balanced, picked up by the Osmo sensor AND I could keep the gimbal motor out of the frame.
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules