My experience with the DJI repair
1204 3 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jthavorn
lvl.1

United States

This is my own personal experience. I did not purchase the dji care refresh.

In mid February I received my mavic pro that I purchased through Amazon. It got to me in less than a week after ordering so I was very thrilled. Like an idiot though, I crashed it into the side of a building only two days after receiving it. I tried to fix it myself but figured the only way to make sure it was good was to send it back to dji.

I started a case in late February and was told I send the drone back with the label they had created for me. I was confused since I literally thought they were going to send me a box with a label. After talking with some youtubers, I was told ups would email me the label and I would have to provide the box. I lost a week for that misunderstanding but I consider that more a fault on my own part.

Since I live in California the drone was shipped quickly to the Carson facility but took about a week before dji officially "revived" it. Within three days of reviving it, I was quoted a repair estimate which I paid the same day. After payment was processed, the drone sat around for a week. Repeated calls informed me that the repairs can't start since the facility didn't have anymore parts and were awaiting more.

After posting several times on this forum, my case was escalated by a moderator and thankfully within three days of last contacting dji, I was told that my drone was repaired and tested. It promptly shipped out the next day and arrived back in my hands the next day.

I've had it back for over a week now and it seems to be working just fine. After reading many stories about horrible service, I consider myself lucky since the whole process for me took about a month. That's still longer than I would've liked but again, I feel lucky to have my mavic back and fully working.

My overall thoughts about the dji service team is that the online moderators and call centers do a decent job and responding to us, but the rather long turnaround for my mavic has left me a bit cautious about flying my drone. I'm scared to really fly it far and test out more advanced features in fear that it will crash and I will have to go through all this again.

The mavic pro is a magnificent piece of technology and I really enjoy flying mine. The customer service team does an admirable job is communicating with its customers but again, if it usually takes this long to repair one of these products, then I'll definitely be flying my mavic with extreme caution from now on.
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jthavorn, thanks for sharing your experience with us, appreciate your feedback, we feel sorry for the inconvenience caused during the whole process, and we should have made it more clear so you would not get confused by the shipping label information.
We're happy to know it performs fine and you enjoy the flight, looking forward some nice videos and pictures.
We're constantly working to improve, thus making your experience with us better.
Again thank you for your supporting!
2017-4-1
Use props
fans76c8ec60
New
Flight distance : 33 ft
United States

Thats Funny you talk about all bad experiences. Try this one on for size. Over a Month with 8 Days being shipping to California from Ohio and Back. Get it out all excited to be back flying only to see that none of the Equipment sent back to me was mine, other than the original box i Shipped it in. So now I have someone elses Phantom 3 Proffesional. Now starts a long process of trying to track mine down and if unable see how they make it right as in replacing it New. The one I recieved has sticky residue all over the controller and no wear marks in top of Camera indicating proper use of Gimbal Holder. Im at this point extremley upset as this is now My 3rd DJI and now what I purchased and took Care of New with only 5 Flights is now possibly Gone.
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans76c8ec60 Posted at 2017-4-1 05:36
Thats Funny you talk about all bad experiences. Try this one on for size. Over a Month with 8 Days being shipping to California from Ohio and Back. Get it out all excited to be back flying only to see that none of the Equipment sent back to me was mine, other than the original box i Shipped it in. So now I have someone elses Phantom 3 Proffesional. Now starts a long process of trying to track mine down and if unable see how they make it right as in replacing it New. The one I recieved has sticky residue all over the controller and no wear marks in top of Camera indicating proper use of Gimbal Holder. Im at this point extremley upset as this is now My 3rd DJI and now what I purchased and took Care of New with only 5 Flights is now possibly Gone.

Sorry to hear your experience. Please respond to me with your case number so I can help you with your case. Thank you.
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules