Mavic gimbal boot calibration metal hit and knock noise
1054 2 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Erez2GO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180341 ft
Canada

I must say that I’m quite disappointed with DJI repair service at this point.

I had a manufacture defect with my original Mavic unit and after chatting with support, they recommended that ill send it for assessment and repair. So I sent it to the California DJI repair center and was notified that they would repair it under warranty. On the stages of the repair progress in their web site I saw that they also preform QA (they even asked me to send my RC along for flight testing, even though the problem was just with the body, so they had all they need for QA). So, I received the Mavic and RC back yesterday after 3 weeks it was with them and to my surprise it had a new issue.

When I first open the unit, I received it looked either a new body or refurbished, but the gimbal looked slight used. I turned the Mavic for the first time and noticed that during the initial gimbal calibration, the axis motor goes beyond the limit and actually hit metal with metal twice close to the end of the cycle.  Although the gimbal is leveling up at the end of the cycle, this issue will cause a rapid wear and tear and potential a gimbal malfunction.   There are already scratch markings where the metal get hit so I assume this gimbal was reassembled wrong or it’s a used one.  I know this is an issue and not normal operation of the gimbal as it wasn’t present on my previous unit.

I don’t quite understand why the repair indicate it was QA’d if in fact it wasn’t, as im not a technician and was able to spot this issue at the first time I booted the device.

You would be able to see 2 video clips illustrating the issue and a photo to show the gimbal metal hit point at this link:

To DJI representative please advise on next steps for this issue

Thanks

2017-4-1
Use props
Erez2GO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180341 ft
Canada

I have submitted a ticket to DJI support - #485251

It seems that same questions come up no matter the information im sending in
2017-4-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Very sorry about it. I saw your post on FB.  My colleague will contact you about this issue in a day or two.
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules