932 8 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elektrica
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi Natalia, so...The ProRes works but now I am hearing noises on bootup  (video attached) on the replaced X5S that I do not recall with the  previous X5S I had. I am also puzzled by what seems to be blurry videos.  Lens (15mm) has been calibrated, but I often get blurry videos. I also  noticed that the locking point of the camera+lens are not aligned, from  what I see, they should be. Maybe I've got a refurbished X5S that is not  as good as it should. Please review the video (Noise toward the end and  it always happens) and the mount (Pics) and tell me it this normal.
Thanks,
M.

2017-4-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Isn't that much like the gimbal noises reported as normal in this thread since a firmware update?  http://forum.dji.com/thread-88338-1-3.html

Video seems almost identical with the noise and then the lens settling down once it stops.
2017-4-1
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-4-1 16:48
Isn't that much like the gimbal noises reported as normal in this thread since a firmware update?  http://forum.dji.com/thread-88338-1-3.html

Video seems almost identical with the noise and then the lens settling down once it stops.

I did not see that thread, but that seems to be it. When the drone was away for repair, that's when the software was updated and that explains why I could not recall that noise.
Thanks for suggesting the thread!
This said, is it normal to have the mount alignment no aligned?

2017-4-2
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

That doesn't look that bad as long as the lock button pin is engaged into the lens to keep it from rotating off.  Does it lock?
2017-4-2
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

It does, but there's something unconvincing...Photos seem OK (Focus, resolution), as well as SD Card Videos. The issue is with ProRes SSD Videos (see links attached). Video seems foggy and out of focus,
Settings are basic for both SD and SSD...The difference seems obvious. I do not recall this being this bad with the other X5S. Maybe something changed in the software?

SD CARD Video

SSD PRORES VIDEO

Maybe it's me not really understanding something, but I recall it being just fine before.
2017-4-2
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Elektrica Posted at 2017-4-2 14:34
It does, but there's something unconvincing...Photos seem OK (Focus, resolution), as well as SD Card Videos. The issue is with ProRes SSD Videos (see links attached). Video seems foggy and out of focus,
Settings are basic for both SD and SSD...The difference seems obvious. I do not recall this being this bad with the other X5S. Maybe something changed in the software?

I think you are just over anxious and still spooked about your unfortunate crash. The I2 is really a reliable craft and people post here because they are the few that have issues.

The startup buzzing with the gimbal motors is a check procedure that is normal after the latest March 7th firmware update.

Your alignment issue with the lens is a non issue.

As for video 'softness' on ProRes, I started a thread on it. Barry G's responses are excellent. Read mine and his comments. http://forum.dji.com/thread-84001-1-1.html
You paid lots of good money to enjoy flying so please, do enjoy it!
2017-4-2
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-2 20:23
I think you are just over anxious and still spooked about your unfortunate crash. The I2 is really a reliable craft and people post here because they are the few that have issues.

The startup buzzing with the gimbal motors is a check procedure that is normal after the latest March 7th firmware update.

I admit I am a bit spooked and over cautious. I am listening to every odd noise, watching for any odd movement, I don't dare use sport mode, etc. etc. The strange thing is that I did shoot video that was clear in ProRes with the old camera, so I am looking for anything that does not compute. Thanks for the thread, I will study it.

2017-4-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Elektrica Posted at 2017-4-3 00:29
I admit I am a bit spooked and over cautious. I am listening to every odd noise, watching for any odd movement, I don't dare use sport mode, etc. etc. The strange thing is that I did shoot video that was clear in ProRes with the old camera, so I am looking for anything that does not compute. Thanks for the thread, I will study it.

Chill, man.

Think about the thousands of happy flyers who don't post here.
2017-4-3
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-3 20:02
Chill, man.

Think about the thousands of happy flyers who don't post here.

Yes, just give me a few flights to regain full confidence as I had before.
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules