904 12 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick6000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74304 ft
New Zealand

Hey there,
Yesterday the Mavic decided to become unresponsive and started to ascend. I was able to get control again by clicking return to home and then cancelling that command.

A bit of clarification around the flight. I had just flown in the exact same spot with no problems, the mavic had a fresh battery, when I took off the strong interference warning showed and the RC icon was flashing.

Here's the air data log - https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... id=GENERALOverview.

Can this be put down to the interference warning? If so why did my first flight have no problems? Has anyone else experienced this issue or had the Mavic become unresponsive?

After landing the Mavic I thought the RC might need calibrating, however I found it impossible to do this in the Android app. Has anyone been able to successfully calibrate their RC in the Android App? Is it okay to fly the Mavic after failed RC calibration (note the app did not explicity fail, it actually timed out?).  

Thanks for any help in advance.

2017-4-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Nick, I cannot access to the link you provided.
Could you please sync your flight records from DJI GO app then provide me with your DJI account email?
I'll help to review your flight records. Besides, is your forum email the same as your DJI account email?
2017-4-4
Use props
Nick6000
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-4 23:50
Hello Nick, I cannot access to the link you provided.
Could you please sync your flight records from DJI GO app then provide me with your DJI account email?
I'll help to review your flight records. Besides, is your forum email the same as your DJI account email?

Hi Mindy

Thanks for the reply. Flights have been synced and yes DJI account email is the same as DJI Go App. The flight in question is on the 1st of April with a duration of 4 minutes, altitude of 25 meters and distance of 36 meter.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nick6000 Posted at 2017-4-5 00:30
Hi Mindy

Thanks for the reply. Flights have been synced and yes DJI account email is the same as DJI Go App. The flight in question is on the 1st of April with a duration of 4 minutes, altitude of 25 meters and distance of 36 meter.

I have checked your flight records and it's strange.
Could you please export the flight data via DJI Assistant then upload it to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll forward your data to our engineers for review.
2017-4-5
Use props
Nick6000
lvl.1
New Zealand

Hi Mindy

Thanks for the quick reply. I've uploaded the DAT file to google drive. I believe this is the correct file but I am not 100% sure, is there an easy way to tell?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 3c/view?usp=sharing

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Nick

2017-4-5
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Was the sun low in the sky when this happened?   The OA sensors can get fooled by the sun and then the Mavic will ascend to try to get over the obstacle.
2017-4-6
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Do you mind mentioning if the sun was low in the sky when this happened? It would help others with similiar symptoms...
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nick6000 Posted at 2017-4-5 23:47
Hi Mindy

Thanks for the quick reply. I've uploaded the DAT file to google drive. I believe this is the correct file but I am not 100% sure, is there an easy way to tell?

Sorry Nick, since you didn't click reply button. I don't know you are responding to me.
I have forward your flight data to our engineers for review.
2017-4-15
Use props
Nick6000
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-15 23:57
Sorry Nick, since you didn't click reply button. I don't know you are responding to me.
I have forward your flight data to our engineers for review.

My mistake. Let me know how you get on.

cheers,
2017-4-17
Use props
Nick6000
lvl.1
New Zealand

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-4-6 06:23
Was the sun low in the sky when this happened?   The OA sensors can get fooled by the sun and then the Mavic will ascend to try to get over the obstacle.

Sorry for the slow reply WolfgangsStiller. It was about an hour before sunset, so the sun was low. However, would there not be an obstacle in front of the Mavic? or Even a message that it is ascending to avoid the obstacle?
2017-4-17
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
United States

Nick6000 Posted at 2017-4-17 14:47
Sorry for the slow reply WolfgangsStiller. It was about an hour before sunset, so the sun was low. However, would there not be an obstacle in front of the Mavic? or Even a message that it is ascending to avoid the obstacle?

Normally, if you look at the messages in Airdata/Healthydrones or one of the log analyzers you should see an obstacle message.  I have seen it there but missed it (or maybe it didn't appear) on my phone.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nick6000 Posted at 2017-4-17 14:43
My mistake. Let me know how you get on.

cheers,

Our engineers are working on your data. If there's any update, I'll let you know.
Thank you for your cooperation.
2017-4-18
Use props
wisnia.sebastia
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules