Phantom 2 Assistant
4147 16 2014-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rivera_albert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377966 ft
United States

I cannot connect to the radio or Phantom on my PC or laptop, I tried installing the drivers now when I go into the Phantom assistant program it keeps asking me for login username & password & I keep getting an undefined error message 299.  Ive been at this for two days & getting very frustrated, please help.   What can I do?

Thanks
2014-10-9
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Did you download and run the WIN drivers first ?
2014-10-9
Use props
rivera_albert
lvl.3
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-10 02:44
Did you download and run the WIN drivers first ?

Hello;  Yes I installed the driver, in my device manager it shows under ports DJI USB Virtual COM (COM7), I assume this means its working, I go into the Assistant program when I log in I get an undefined error message 299 & cannot log in,  I was in it last night & today nothing, I went over to my laptop & I get the same error.
2014-10-9
Use props
rivera_albert
lvl.3
United States

I just installed the RC system assistant plug in controller, it works just fine, but I still get the 299 error message on the Phantom Vision Asistant
2014-10-9
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

OK lets go through the connection procedure from the start.

Plug USB lead into PC and the socket at the front of the phantom (not the USB port on the gimbal if you have the V+)
Turn on the phantom then run the PT2 3.2 assistant, it should connect to the phantom by its self, no need to press skip.
If the login message comes up, either login or press cancel.

The Transmitter is the same process, Plug in the USB lead to the PC and Transmitter, Turn on the transmitter, run the RC Assistant.

Use the USB lead that came with the Phantom.
2014-10-9
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-10 03:43
OK lets go through the connection procedure from the start.

Plug USB lead into PC and the socket at ...

Mine and others assistant have worked until today, i think its a general failure at DJI, have you tried yours ???
2014-10-9
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

No, not since my phantom was fresh out of the box.
Just ran the assistant without the phantom connected and I get the login message, but click cancel and it loads as normal.
Are you saying that no ones able to connect from today ?
2014-10-9
Use props
brianm66
New

United States

I can't connect today either. Just received my Phantom 2 Vision+, can't log in to Android app, which means I can't use it for what I bought it for. Pretty terrible.
2014-10-9
Use props
Nightwalker1974
New

Germany

Don't look for any problems on your side. Seems like DJI has a server problem...
2014-10-9
Use props
deisal211
New

United States

I have this same issue today as well. Does anyone know who we contact for this?
2014-10-9
Use props
rprachun
lvl.1

Canada

Nightwalker1974 Posted at 2014-10-10 05:56
Don't look for any problems on your side. Seems like DJI has a server problem...

Same here! Worked yesterday.
2014-10-9
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Everyone dances to the beat of IT today...
Unfortunately DJI is no exception.
They have server problems occasionally.
As I'm posting this it's 6:37 pm CDT.
It's 7:37 am in China.
Server maintenance usually occurs at night.
DJI is probably not concerned that their night is our day...
The DJI servers have never been down for very long in the over three years that I've been using their equipment...
2014-10-9
Use props
gwizz509
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same problem as well. I'll wait until tomorrow and try and upgrade my new Phantom then.
2014-10-9
Use props
jimjamz2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2425410 ft
United States

Just got my P2V+...same problem...I can connect phantom and RC to computer and calibrate...but when I try to login for firmware updates...I get "undefined error 299".  Looks like I'll be updating tomorrow as well.  Glad to see its not just me.
2014-10-9
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

As an FYI, you can upgrade without having to log in first. I did. Just cancel the login dialogue and proceed as per normal.
2014-10-9
Use props
b.w.j
Second Officer

Denmark

The issue is solved.
2014-10-10
Use props
rivera_albert
lvl.3
United States

Ok everyone, say hello to the idiot, I figured out wht I was doing wrong, I thought I needed to connect the micro USB to the camera port, I didn't realize the phantom has one too, I plugged it correctly, I was able to get into the assistant program without a hitch,  all is well,  I was even able to switch to naza mode without any issues, so thank you all for your help and input
2014-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules