19363 39 2017-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raymondk
lvl.1
Lebanon

i'm using mavic pro.
I cannot switch between photo and video mode,
and i cannot change the pic ratio to 16:9.

any suggestions?

thx

2017-4-2
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Are you trying to switch between video and photo as per the manual? You can set 16:9 only in photo mode in the settings.
2017-4-2
Use props
Raymondk
lvl.1
Lebanon

thank you for ur reply,
Yes trying to switch video/photo as per the manual, by pressing the icon in the app.  it stick on photo only, i can take photo only, the video record on the remote is not working, neither touching the app. on the screen.  i made a factory reset, and i changed the memory card. but i still hv the prob.
on the first day all was good, i think it happens after the update (not sure)

i know the 16:9 ratio is for the photos, but it's not working it refuse to change to 16:9

that for helping
2017-4-3
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Raymondk Posted at 2017-4-3 03:13
thank you for ur reply,
Yes trying to switch video/photo as per the manual, by pressing the icon in the app.  it stick on photo only, i can take photo only, the video record on the remote is not working, neither touching the app. on the screen.  i made a factory reset, and i changed the memory card. but i still hv the prob.
on the first day all was good, i think it happens after the update (not sure)

That's really strange. Which phone are you using with the Mavic? If it's an Android device I would suggest cleaning the cache of the app, otherwise do try to uninstall the app and erase all data of the app and reinstall again including providing your DJI login again. This could be helpful.
2017-4-3
Use props
Raymondk
lvl.1
Lebanon

i'm using iPhone 6 plus. i already uninstalled the app. and did a cache cleaning. i will do it again, and i will make a new user, and let u know.
thx
2017-4-3
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

You have to be connected to the Mavic in order to make most changes in the Go 4 app, fwiw.
2017-4-3
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Lebanon

nothing happened
always the same prob. not switching between photo and video
not changing the pic ratio to 16:9
and the new prob is that the left wheel that suppose to move the camera up and down is not working. the right wheel is OK .
con someone help??? pls
2017-4-4
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Lebanon

i'm using mavic pro.
I cannot switch between photo and video mode,
and i cannot change the pic ratio to 16:9.

i did a factory rest, and a new user .... nothing happened
and the new prob is that the left wheel that suppose to move the camera up and down is not working. the right wheel is OK .
con someone help??? pls

2017-4-4
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans85982ddf Posted at 2017-4-4 07:41
i did a factory rest, and a new user .... nothing happened

Sounds to me like you need to open a support request with DJI.
2017-4-4
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

On the top of the controller there is a button on the left hand side which starts video and stops video when pressed. The button on the right hand side takes a photo. Have you tried using the button to take video?Also try doing a reset of the camera which is in the camera settings menu.
2017-4-4
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5253 ft
United Kingdom

FYI - from the small testing I've done, there is no point taking photos in 16:9.  It appears this is just cropping the full frame image, so you're just losing sensor data from the top and bottom of the image.  I stand to be corrected though.
2017-4-5
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Lebanon

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-4 22:00
On the top of the controller there is a button on the left hand side which starts video and stops video when pressed. The button on the right hand side takes a photo. Have you tried using the button to take video?Also try doing a reset of the camera which is in the camera settings menu.

nothing changed. the video button is not working, and the camera reset didn't change the facts

watch this video pls, it shows u what happening with me:
2017-4-5
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Yep, there is something wrong. Contact DJI.
2017-4-5
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

OK I am out of ideas and unless someone from DJI has any other ideas, I think it is a repair job. There is certainly something wrong as the picture that was taken seemed all wrong as it should have shown what was on the screen rather than a shadowy image of yourself.
Have you calibrated the gimbal?
2017-4-5
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Germany

fans85982ddf Posted at 2017-4-5 02:42
nothing changed. the video button is not working, and the camera reset didn't change the facts

watch this video pls, it shows u what happening with me: https://youtu.be/rNsT7iLWdio

Ok... from what you tried here it seems to me like this - there is some problem in communication between the image processor and the Mavic mainboard and due to this you cannot switch over between camera and video and choose options.

It may be a badly soldered contact and/or firmware issue. Which version of the firmware do you have? If you have .500 do try to update to .550 - because then it can get fixed with new shot from a new firmware. If not - then DJI service. Sorry :/

Best of luck with this!
2017-4-5
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Lebanon

the firmware is the 500 . the 550  is not available till now. i sent the problem to DJI support and still waiting their respond.
2017-4-6
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Can you try a different phone, perhaps borrow or ask a friend for an Android one, to prove if the problem is DJI Go app on your phone or the remote/aircraft?
2017-4-6
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Lebanon

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-4-6 02:59
Can you try a different phone, perhaps borrow or ask a friend for an Android one, to prove if the problem is DJI Go app on your phone or the remote/aircraft?

nice idea. i will try and let u know.
thx
2017-4-6
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Lebanon

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-4-6 02:59

nothing change. i tried on an android phone. always same issue
2017-4-8
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Germany

fans85982ddf Posted at 2017-4-8 10:24
nothing change. i tried on an android phone. always same issue

Ok - at least you checked that. How about the 550 firmware? It is available - no doubt about it. It shouldn't be region related but might be. Maybe you could try a proxy to connect from a different country? It's worth a shot.
2017-4-8
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Lebanon

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-4-8 16:36
Ok - at least you checked that. How about the 550 firmware? It is available - no doubt about it. It shouldn't be region related but might be. Maybe you could try a proxy to connect from a different country? It's worth a shot.

yesss the 550 is available now. but it won"t update. i hv a had time with updating the drone. it stop at 65% when the drone restarts. i tried everything
2017-4-8
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Germany

fans85982ddf Posted at 2017-4-8 22:39
yesss the 550 is available now. but it won"t update. i hv a had time with updating the drone. it stop at 65% when the drone restarts. i tried everything

Oh... that doesn't sound too good :-/ I haven't had this problem myself but I've seen a few posts about it - have you tried the following:

- normal way - have wifi on on your phone, then standard connect the phone to the remote and start up the Mavic - then go for the update,

or

- connect the RC to the computer (no need for the phone for this) and use DJI Assistant - so connect the RC to the computer, switch on, have the Assistant detect it and switch on the Mavic - then proceed with update via the Assistant - this should update both the RC and the Mavic.

Have you tried both ways?
2017-4-9
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Lebanon

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-4-9 03:36
Oh... that doesn't sound too good :-/ I haven't had this problem myself but I've seen a few posts about it - have you tried the following:

- normal way - have wifi on on your phone, then standard connect the phone to the remote and start up the Mavic - then go for the update,

yeasss dear. the drone refuse to update and still no switching to video
2017-4-12
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Lebanon

i update it to frmw 600. my prob maintain. don't switch between photo and video
2017-4-13
Use props
fans85982ddf
lvl.1

Jordan

the DJI support asked to snd the drone to them for repairing. it seems it a hardware problem
2017-4-21
Use props
Joe McClain
New

United States

I was having a similar problem.  When I first powered on, everything worked fine, after a minute or two I could no longer switch from pic to video.  I went in and did a firmware update and it fixed the problem.  
2017-12-6
Use props
83SanDimas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21358 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue... Unboxed and charged the Mavic today, Ran all the updates.  Can not activate video
2017-12-26
Use props
fans7bf17451
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98396 ft
Russia

I have also not switched photo/video, there is a solution without sending to service center?
2017-12-26
Use props
gabriel-dan
New
United Arab Emirates

I am experiencing the same issue with the spark and Iphone 7s. I cannot switch to video. I also have and android phone and I can switch between video and camera without problems. Updated to the latest firmware.  
2018-1-9
Use props
dmitrinikolaev
New
Russia

gabriel-dan@roc Posted at 2018-1-9 12:56
I am experiencing the same issue with the spark and Iphone 7s. I cannot switch to video. I also have and android phone and I can switch between video and camera without problems. Updated to the latest firmware.

I have the same issue with the Spark and GO 4 App v.4.2.5 (3072) on iPhone 6s.
2018-1-30
Use props
Damon J. Taylor
New
United States

dmitrinikolaev Posted at 2018-1-30 09:09
I have the same issue with the Spark and GO 4 App v.4.2.5 (3072) on iPhone 6s.

Im having same problem with Inspire 2, Crystalsky and X7.
2018-3-15
Use props
djb112349
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I’m having the same problem, with updated firmware, etc., and I suspect it’s tied to the onboard card readr.  I’m reformatting the card and will retry.
2018-4-11
Use props
Bosshawg401
lvl.1

What's the latest resolution here. I'm now having the same issues. I can't swtich between photo and video
2018-5-5
Use props
Luk4nio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3096745 ft
Poland

I've got almost the same problem but with phantom 4 pro
2018-5-6
Use props
fans6684240b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 959879 ft
United Kingdom

It's not something obvious is it? Click on quick shot modes and make sure it's in 'normal' and not a special mode?
2018-5-6
Use props
mattchungz
lvl.1
Canada

Has anyone with this problem resolved it? Experiencing this with my Mavic Pro. First I couldn’t switch the video resolution. Then when I reset the camera settings it’s now stuck in photo mode and can’t switch to video. Also getting error when trying to update the firmware through the Go 4 app and Assistant 2. Mavic isn’t being recognized by my Mac when I plug directly in, have to plug the RC in and then connect the RC to the Mavic. Keep getting errors.

I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps: uninstall, reinstall, different cables, different ports, different phones, nothing is working.
2018-8-9
Use props
Raymondk
lvl.1
Lebanon

mattchungz Posted at 2018-8-9 15:34
Has anyone with this problem resolved it? Experiencing this with my Mavic Pro. First I couldn’t switch the video resolution. Then when I reset the camera settings it’s now stuck in photo mode and can’t switch to video. Also getting error when trying to update the firmware through the Go 4 app and Assistant 2. Mavic isn’t being recognized by my Mac when I plug directly in, have to plug the RC in and then connect the RC to the Mavic. Keep getting errors.

I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps: uninstall, reinstall, different cables, different ports, different phones, nothing is working.

don't waste your time. you have to change the camera, or the main board. (about 400-500$)
i have tried every thing, i changed the electronic bord that is situated above the cam.....
the problem is in the camera itself or in the main board.
i changed the camera and it is working very good
2018-8-13
Use props
Stefan Henriksson
New

Sweden

So I was having the EXACT same problem until like 5 minutes ago, I was actually going MAD about this problem and tried like you all describe EVERYTHING... Nothing seemed to work!
So i was giving up on this stupid problem when i realised that there was one thing I didn't try...
Could it be so, that the SD-card/Memory Card was the problem?
I went to get another memory card and then switched the cards, BOOOOM!!! Everything works PERFECT now!!!  

So, if you haven't tried another memory card then DO IT! It workde for me and now I can take photos, make movies and adjust every camera setting i'd like to...  

Good luck!
/Stefan from Sweden

2018-8-14
Use props
Avellas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29833 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I had the exact same issues with my P4P+ Obsidian and I did a factory reset (as recommended by one of the earlier posts) and updated the DJI GO 4 app (since after the reset it defaulted to the version that is delivered at the factory settings) and now everything works as it should.

I’m not sure what caused this behaviour since I haven’t flown my P4P+ for a while.  What I’ve played around with is to install the DJI Pilot and I wonder if that could have caused this unusual behaviour!
2018-12-8
Use props
Mavic Driver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222438 ft
United States

I know this is an old thread, but I was having the exact issue described by the original poster and was able to resolve it. Last summer, all of a sudden I couldn't access the video camera, even though I had a live feed. I could take still pictures, but no video. It was on version .500 at the time. I parked the drone in in my closet until tonight.

After several attempts, I did a factory reset followed immediately with a downgrade to version .100. All of the lost functions were restored immediately. Version.100 is where it's going to stay as I don't want to tempt fate, unless they come out with a newer version. However, that is doubtful at this stage in the MPP  life. I used the latest version of DJI assistant 2 (1.2.5) on a windows PC and a USB connected to the MPP.  
2020-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules