Altitude Ascending/Descending Settings
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
France

Hey guys. Is there a setting in the DJI GO app that allows you to adjust how fast my P3A can ascend/descend ?  If it's in there I've overlooked it.
I was flying today and my descend speed was at approximately 6mph with throttle all the way down.  It seems liked it took forever to get down from 400 feet.
A little scary cause my battery was getting critically low.
Any help or thoughts on this one issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
TCDrone
2017-4-2
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

no, the specs give u the speed, and this the speed he will go.....  u need to make sure u take that into account when setting your low battery alerts.. then again, when u have Smart Ret Home enabled (it is by default), the internal logic takes that into account too, so he will start RTH a bit earlier on low battery...
2017-4-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There is one way you can descend faster ... but the probility of breaking your Phantom is extremely high.

As the specs tell you, descent speed is 3 metres/sec.
That's to protect you and keep you out of a VRS situation that would see you going home with a broken Phantom.
You just have to plan around it.

2017-4-2
Use props
kndll
lvl.4
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

spiral down , use right stick , descends faster with forward movement
2017-4-3
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
France

Thanks guys.  Great info from everyone.  Good to know I can always depend on my  flying/photography friends.
2017-4-3
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

kndll Posted at 2017-4-3 03:42
spiral down , use right stick , descends faster with forward movement

it does? i sort of suspected that, but was not sure because i cannot quite explain it....
2017-4-5
Use props
Jonimo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4515404 ft
United States

Here is a demonstration of VRS and how to avoid it and attempt to recover from it.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It may seem like it takes forever, but the units do have a lower decent speed to help ensure that there isn't an undercurrent issue and maintain a stable hover throughout.
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules