I2 Battery Errors and error #100000000 in flight
792 9 2017-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky HD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 461995 ft
United States

Took the I2 out for the first long range test.   I bought 3 sets of batteries that all have been charged as sets as recommended. I ran 2 sets of batteries down with just pre test in my lot getting the feel of the I2.  Go app and everything had be updated with no issues to this point.    I charged all batteries up and kept them in sets as recommended and took the bird out for  a long range flight.   First set of batteries and functionality went without a hitch.  flew perfectly.  I got the battery warning so brought it back in.  so here is where it got a bit crazy.  I pulled one battery off without turning the bird off,  and it shut down. so I replaced both with a fresh set and fired it back up. I restarted the go app and all showed go full charge etc on the app and put it back in the air.  It was up for aprox 2 minutes and the message of low battery appeared and will return to home... the batteries were at 94% and green.   I immediately tried to turn the bird around and it was responding at an extremely slow pace,  ti was hovering but I had little control of it.   It did not go to return to home altitude and felt it was truing to go home on its own as I was also trying to control it.
took it home in the same condition not removing the batteries etc and tried to replicate it again but now i get a message on the go app  firmware current with an error notice next to it.   error  #100000000000 call dji support.

any ideas???

2017-4-2
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

No idea but suggest you do a few further test flights with the aircraft on a short leash to see if the problem is replicated. I don't know how you managed to pull out one battery only as pressing the button usually ejects both. Also, what were you thinking when you swapped out only one battery with the craft still on (testing battery redundancy with cells already low?)

My guess is that the operating system did not load up properly after the atypical shut down procedure. Normally, this should clear after a system check at the second boot up but rarely, you might have corrupted parameters somewhere.

If the problem persists, do a full reset of the craft (option in Go) and then reboot. Try again.

If the problem persists, (which I think not), then you might have to call a proper DJI tech.

Good luck
2017-4-2
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

No matter how well an engineer attempts to design some thing some one will always manage screw it up.  Just how the world works I guess!
2017-4-3
Use props
Sky HD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 461995 ft
United States

I appreciate your thoughts on this.   am testing today with a different set of batteries and starting from scratch.   
2017-4-3
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-2 20:13
No idea but suggest you do a few further test flights with the aircraft on a short leash to see if the problem is replicated. I don't know how you managed to pull out one battery only as pressing the button usually ejects both. Also, what were you thinking when you swapped out only one battery with the craft still on (testing battery redundancy with cells already low?)

My guess is that the operating system did not load up properly after the atypical shut down procedure. Normally, this should clear after a system check at the second boot up but rarely, you might have corrupted parameters somewhere.

The button is broken down into an Inner and Outer button allowing you to remove only one battery at a time.  It was designed this way for a reason.

I have been preforming this since Day1 before / after the firmware update without any issues.

I do a lot of live streaming with the drone, therefore leaving it on is essential to maintaining a good feed.  (People prefer to look at Feet and stay connected, but as soon as you stop sending video, they all log off the feed thinking its done)

If you do it properly, and remove the batteries in the correct order,  Inner button first, Outer Button Second,  then you won't have any issues at all.

There are many other good reasons to swap batteries this way,   Faster Turn Around being one of them, and taking off from a boat being another important one.   I usually boot up on land, and then bring the drone on the boat,  when i land and do a battery swap I don't have to shut down the unit and re initialize the IMU.
2017-4-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-4-3 07:50
The button is broken down into an Inner and Outer button allowing you to remove only one battery at a time.  It was designed this way for a reason.

I have been preforming this since Day1 before / after the firmware update without any issues.

Yes, thanks for explaining but I think that the difference between you and the OP is that he landed, he was sub 20% on both batteries and that may not have been sufficient for a single battery to power up all the electronics leading to a glitch.

I can't think of another reason for his issue. Can you?
2017-4-3
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-3 15:40
Yes, thanks for explaining but I think that the difference between you and the OP is that he landed, he was sub 20% on both batteries and that may not have been sufficient for a single battery to power up all the electronics leading to a glitch.

I can't think of another reason for his issue. Can you?

The only thing I can think of is he pressed both buttons at the same time by accident.  The inner button is quite hard to push without hitting the outer button, so if you are not careful you can eject both batteries accidentally.

When I land / swap out my batteries I sometimes have only 18% to 20% battery left and the bird stays powered up.   It has happened to me once though, where I was in a big hurry and pressed the outer button just enough that the battery unseated itself and the drone powered off.

2017-4-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-4-4 03:08
The only thing I can think of is he pressed both buttons at the same time by accident.  The inner button is quite hard to push without hitting the outer button, so if you are not careful you can eject both batteries accidentally.

When I land / swap out my batteries I sometimes have only 18% to 20% battery left and the bird stays powered up.   It has happened to me once though, where I was in a big hurry and pressed the outer button just enough that the battery unseated itself and the drone powered off.

Interesting business you are in. What exactly are you filming that requires such constant streaming? Some kind of racing or something racier....
2017-4-4
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-4 07:02
Interesting business you are in. What exactly are you filming that requires such constant streaming? Some kind of racing or something racier....

A few different reasons..   One of them is filing over the water. Trying to boot an Inspire 2 while on a board isn't easy, so if you do battery swaps then you can get back in the air without having to go to shore.

Second, I film a lot of Ski Races.  During the race I have the video feed playing in the Lodge on a big screen TV, as well as stream the race live on the internet.  The race is about 20KM, but its all in close proximity of the lodge so keeping LOS is no big issue.   

I learned that if you power down the bird, change the batteries, let it boot up, and then take off, you miss a lot of the race, and loose a lot of live viewers, because they think the stream is over.

By leaving the camera on and doing a battery hot swap, the viewers tend to stay on the stream, knowing I will be taking back off soon, and I can get back in the air twice as fast and get back on the action.

2017-4-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-4-4 12:56
A few different reasons..   One of them is filing over the water. Trying to boot an Inspire 2 while on a board isn't easy, so if you do battery swaps then you can get back in the air without having to go to shore.

Second, I film a lot of Ski Races.  During the race I have the video feed playing in the Lodge on a big screen TV, as well as stream the race live on the internet.  The race is about 20KM, but its all in close proximity of the lodge so keeping LOS is no big issue.   

Exciting stuff! Thanks for sharing...
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules