Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Purple/pink flash on screen
9223 19 2017-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
n0gga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 502044 ft
Norway

Hi everyone!

Loving my new Mavic, especially the freedom it gives me when shooting the environment around me.
One thing I have noticed, I believe it has happend three, maybe four times, is that the iphone screen suddenly flashes purple/pink. Thought (and hoped) this was only happening locally on my phone due to the wireless transmission, but it actually also appears on the footage on my memory card. The flash only lasts for a frame (i think). I haven't been able to figure out what triggers it.

I'm at work right now, but later on I will provide a short video of the last time it happened, which was yesterday.
Additional info: Never crashed, never even had a hard landing and has always been transported with gimbal clamp on.

Hoping for some input here on what to do, perhaps even from the DJI-guys in here.
Marius
2017-4-2
Use props
n0gga
lvl.2
Norway

No one?
2017-4-3
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Think Ken posted on the pink strip thing. Probably a short in the ribbon cable when the gimbal is moved.
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Marius, could you please upload the original videos to dropbox then send me the link?
I'll help to check it.
2017-4-4
Use props
n0gga
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-4 00:38
Hi Marius, could you please upload the original videos to dropbox then send me the link?
I'll help to check it.

Hi Mindy.
I'll arrange it later today and let you know. Thanks!
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

n0gga Posted at 2017-4-4 03:05
Hi Mindy.
I'll arrange it later today and let you know. Thanks!

Thank you for your cooperation.
2017-4-5
Use props
n0gga
lvl.2
Norway

Hi again. Have been away for some time, but here comes two examples of the purple screen I'm talking about.
Hope you can answer me regarding what to do mindy.

Video 1 shot on april 2nd: https://youtu.be/G6bpZjmaJcQ

Video 2 shot today:
https://youtu.be/hVtQJuvsQxo

This appears more and more often, not always i'm able to catch it on video, since i'm not recording full time while flying.
Also attached two photos of the situation in both videos.
IMG_1102.PNG
IMG_1099.PNG
2017-4-14
Use props
n0gga
lvl.2
Norway

Bumpbumpbump
2017-4-14
Use props
n0gga
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Mindy…?
2017-4-16
Use props
MDSH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334869 ft
United Kingdom

@n0gga - have you looked at the actual quality recording on the Mavic's SD card? The video on your iPhone is just the downlink video from the aircraft to he remote control, which may have frames or parts of frames missing due to all sorts of radio frequency reasons (radio is magic, right?).
2017-4-17
Use props
n0gga
lvl.2
Norway

@MDSH, i actually adressed this in my first post - yes, it also appears on footage on SD-card. But thanks for giving it a go!

Marius.
2017-4-17
Use props
Dimitris536
New
United States

Hi everyone, I'm also extremely interested on a good feedback about this. I have a very similar case of purple/magenda flashes but they are very frequent, every 1 or 2 seconds so the videos are unusable. It was also a result from an accident, my Mavic Pro dived into the sea! I'm in the recovery process now and this is one of the important problems remaining.
For the other damages experienecd, I will probably open a new thread.

Thanks, Dimitris
2017-7-27
Use props
KirkB210
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225430 ft
United States

n0gga Posted at 2017-4-14 01:21
Hi again. Have been away for some time, but here comes two examples of the purple screen I'm talking about.
Hope you can answer me regarding what to do mindy.

This looks like Transmission errors/signal phreaking.

Look at the footage from the SD Card, does it look the same?
EDIT: Ignore SD card question.
2017-7-27
Use props
Dimitris536
New
Greece

Dimitris536 Posted at 2017-7-27 01:48
Hi everyone, I'm also extremely interested on a good feedback about this. I have a very similar case of purple/magenda flashes but they are very frequent, every 1 or 2 seconds so the videos are unusable. It was also a result from an accident, my Mavic Pro dived into the sea!  I'm in the recovery process now and this is one of the important problems remaining.
For the other damages experienecd, I will probably open a new thread.

UPDATE: I have replaced the gimbal ribbon cable (it was more difficult than expected). No result, the problem remains.
2017-7-29
Use props
Linuxglobal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380121 ft
Canada

Its an issue with the camera lens, I had the same problem, $12 later the whole front camera was replaced and no more purple spots.

It has to do with the actual camera lens, it is attached with 2 screws to the gimbal arm, remove those screws and apply new thermal paste to the back of the unit.

Sorry for the late bump, just saw this in my searches.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Linuxglobal Posted at 2017-10-23 10:29
Its an issue with the camera lens, I had the same problem, $12 later the whole front camera was replaced and no more purple spots.

It has to do with the actual camera lens, it is attached with 2 screws to the gimbal arm, remove those screws and apply new thermal paste to the back of the unit.

Hi there, I am really happy for your resolving the issue bu yourself, but we still don't recommend to do that, we would recommend sending the drone in for repair for the maintenance of the warranty and flight safety if there is a need. Thank you so much of your understanding.
2017-10-24
Use props
vineet.aquarius
New

India

hi all, i am new to this forum.
JUST TOOK OUT THE BRAND NEW SEALED OUT OF THE BOX TURNED IT ON AND THIS HAPPENED see the video links for reference.

same pink line issue also video get paused for seconds every now and the. i have shared the link with dji as well. i dont know why they replied they were not able to see the you tube video. may be youtube is banned in china? giving me some chilish noob solutions like remove sticker check interference etc.
so here are the links :

let me add the problem is same on card and downlink on phone

4k recording google drive link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HJX350BRfAQyLZLluUzTQZ4isNLEvTPq/view?usp=sharing

2k recording uploaded on youtube

https://youtu.be/bCP_Otpr2WQ
link

please help any one.

2021-4-29
Use props
vineet.aquarius
New

India

sorry for another post just testing how to post a link of youtube or g drive
2021-4-30
Use props
vineet.aquarius
New

India

really no one who got any clue about this purple problem
2021-5-7
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

If you are using iPhone and want to fix screen issue like black/red screen, apart from tradition method like forcibly restarting, you can also use an ios repair tool like TunesKit to fix the issue without erasing data.
2021-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules