Osmo Bike mount design flaw
1082 6 2017-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tamasbako
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1588 ft
Germany

After using the Osmo bike mount only 2 times (about 1 hour in total) and in city, on a city bike (so not super rough terrains), all the little screws that are holding the mount surface to the osmo (check photo) fell out. I'm super lucky that the osmo itself (with my phone in it) actually fell off when I put the bike in the locker. Otherwise I reckon it'd fall on the bike and god knows what damage it'd cause.
It's a design flaw for sure that a new accessory breaks after 1 hr of use.
Also I'd need replacement nuts as obviously they've fallen out somewhere :/ Anyone know the size for these nuts ?

File 2017. 04. 03. 12 17 11.jpeg
2017-4-3
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

I hope they respond to you soon.  May I recommend using some stud or bolt lock when you do manage to put it back together.  Then hopefully they won't shake out next time.  Good Luck!
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, did the mount seem loose prior to riding your bike the second time or did it seem pretty secure unit you noticed them gone when putting the bike in the locker? Since you mentioned that you've only used it twice, was it back to back use or was there some down time between them? Was the mount just left attached to the bike, or did you take it off and store it somewhere between the two uses? On what part of the bike did you have it mounted on and did it seem overly snug or difficult to attach? I'm just trying to get a better idea of the conditions in order to report it to the proper team.
2017-4-4
Use props
Tamasbako
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-4 10:03
Just to clarify, did the mount seem loose prior to riding your bike the second time or did it seem pretty secure unit you noticed them gone when putting the bike in the locker? Since you mentioned that you've only used it twice, was it back to back use or was there some down time between them? Was the mount just left attached to the bike, or did you take it off and store it somewhere between the two uses? On what part of the bike did you have it mounted on and did it seem overly snug or difficult to attach? I'm just trying to get a better idea of the conditions in order to report it to the proper team.

It was attached to the handlebar (close to the middle), using 2 of the rubber gromets so it is tight. Bike was rode in the city on bike lane about an hour in total. Then it was removed.
Next time around it was re-attached again (the bike mount) to the same location and rode about 1-1.5 hr in total in the city and a park. When I removed it the osmo the screw fell out (this big 'nut' thing on the photo). I have no idea when or where the small screws fell and my biggest concern is getting them replaced.
So most importantly I'm looking for the size of the small screws that are missing so I can use the mount again (after replacing them and tightening them again).
Prevention could be that after each use the small screws need re-tightening with a screwdriver. Now I know.
2017-4-5
Use props
Tamasbako
lvl.1
Germany

Tamasbako Posted at 2017-4-5 03:46
It was attached to the handlebar (close to the middle), using 2 of the rubber gromets so it is tight. Bike was rode in the city on bike lane about an hour in total. Then it was removed.
Next time around it was re-attached again (the bike mount) to the same location and rode about 1-1.5 hr in total in the city and a park. When I removed it the osmo the screw fell out (this big 'nut' thing on the photo). I have no idea when or where the small screws fell and my biggest concern is getting them replaced.
So most importantly I'm looking for the size of the small screws that are missing so I can use the mount again (after replacing them and tightening them again).

Although the most important would still be to someone let me know the size of the small screws so I can buy some and be able to use my mount...
2017-4-6
Use props
Tamasbako
lvl.1
Germany

Tamasbako Posted at 2017-4-6 03:12
Although the most important would still be to someone let me know the size of the small screws so I can buy some and be able to use my mount...

Okay, since DJI support is non-existent and no one can help me use my gear... I'll have to go to a supplier and check the screws manually. Thanks for nothing.
2017-4-10
Use props
chiang__1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68005 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tamasbako Posted at 2017-4-10 00:25
Okay, since DJI support is non-existent and no one can help me use my gear... I'll have to go to a supplier and check the screws manually. Thanks for nothing.

Mate, did you end up with the correct size? If so please kindly share?
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules