Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5S OSMO ADAPTER
3744 12 2017-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JERONIMUS BOSC
New
Flight distance : 17635 ft
Spain

Hi!
Am I the only one waiting desperately for an Osmo adapter to the new X5S?
I was very excited to get the new Inspire 2 and the X5S right as it came out of the oven and it has not been any dissapointing at all. The quality of this camera is just supperb!!! Yet I was a bit dissapointed to see that the Osmo adapters for the X5R were not good for the new X5S. I understand that there have been important changes to improve it, but was in the hope that they would launch a new adapter or a new Osmo for the X5S soon. It's been out there for more than 3 months now and there is nothing yet.
Anyone from DJI can give us any good news on this?
2017-4-3
Use props
Bando Works
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253704 ft
United States

You are not the only one waiting for this.  We're hoping they have some big announcements at this year's upcoming NAB (late April).  One being a handheld adapter for the X5S and two being the Crystal Sky monitor.  Both would be game-changers for the Inspire 2 package...
2017-4-3
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

If there was a mechanical adapter to connect it to the osmo it still wouldn't work. They will have to make an entirely new type of handle that contains the image processor. The X5S and X4S cameras don't have one, it is located in the I2 aircraft. So, "osmo2" will have to have one inside it. I'm sure they will make one eventually, but the I2 was 'rushed' to the market leaving the accessories lagging behind.
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

At this time, there isn't an ETA for the X5S or X4S coming to the OSMO series. Like others have mentioned, there are some major design changes to be had in order for it to become functional as a handheld.
2017-4-3
Use props
SkyLit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67753 ft
United States

Sorry my dude but as much as everyone wants the "Osmo2 with X5S", it is not going to happen.  The CineCore 2.0 image processing unit on the I2 is very delicate and difficult to squeeze into a handheld body.  It's DJI!
2017-4-3
Use props
JERONIMUS BOSC
New
Flight distance : 17635 ft
Spain

SkyLit Posted at 2017-4-3 16:03
Sorry my dude but as much as everyone wants the "Osmo2 with X5S", it is not going to happen.  The CineCore 2.0 image processing unit on the I2 is very delicate and difficult to squeeze into a handheld body.  It's DJI!

Well... I guess it's only a matter of size. If its not Osmo it could be Cosmo... but even if it was trice the size of the osmo it would be a great tool to use.
2017-4-4
Use props
hfrancis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26247 ft
United States

Not it's not. just you, I would like one of these also!

I'm sure I saw somewhere when I bought the Inspire 2 that something like this was on the cards, can't remember if that came from DJI or was just speculation by others.

p.s. I'm also waiting for the crystalsky to come out as I can't see a thing on my iPad mini when outside (and yes it is at full brightness).
2017-4-4
Use props
SkyLit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67753 ft
United States

hfrancis Posted at 2017-4-4 06:52
Not it's not. just you, I would like one of these also!

I'm sure I saw somewhere when I bought the Inspire 2 that something like this was on the cards, can't remember if that came from DJI or was just speculation by others.

You absolutely need a monitor hood!
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

JERONIMUS BOSC Posted at 2017-4-4 03:16
Well... I guess it's only a matter of size. If its not Osmo it could be Cosmo... but even if it was trice the size of the osmo it would be a great tool to use.

COSMO is pretty catchy, I'll give you that. It's really uncertain at this point what size changes would be needed to accomodate the image processor.
2017-4-4
Use props
Bando Works
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253704 ft
United States

It definitely states on the Inspire 2 landing page that ground filming will be "coming soon"

How soon remains a mystery

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 12.46.28 PM.png

2017-4-5
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bando Works Posted at 2017-4-5 11:48
It definitely states on the Inspire 2 landing page that ground filming will be "coming soon"

How soon remains a mystery

Well here comes NAB, headed 2moro. .  I have only heard about a possible Phantom 5 and the Spark from DJI.  Canon also seems to have something brewing on the drone front.   However I really hope that DJI will in fact release a handheld mount for the X5S because I want a reason to buy this drone and the ground game will give me a good justification.
2017-4-21
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
First Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-4-21 20:51
Well here comes NAB, headed 2moro. .  I have only heard about a possible Phantom 5 and the Spark from DJI.  Canon also seems to have something brewing on the drone front.   However I really hope that DJI will in fact release a handheld mount for the X5S because I want a reason to buy this drone and the ground game will give me a good justification.

I hate to bring this up, but I have another piece of bad news.  If you paid for the ProRes and Dng license, that enabled the Cine processor in your Inspire 2 aircraft.  I would be willing to bet that, IF, they bring out an Osmo for the R5S, they will want another license fee to enable it the Cine processor in the Osmo.
2017-5-3
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2017-5-3 22:45
I hate to bring this up, but I have another piece of bad news.  If you paid for the ProRes and Dng license, that enabled the Cine processor in your Inspire 2 aircraft.  I would be willing to bet that, IF, they bring out an Osmo for the R5S, they will want another license fee to enable it the Cine processor in the Osmo.

I don't think DJI would even do that.......Then again they did release the M600 to consumers in a Beta phase as a legit product so you never know
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules