Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How frustrating
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackbeagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

So everytime I am on my backyard deck, I can connect to my P3A. But when I travel to a location to fly, I can't get it to connect. Yesterday, I went to a race track. The night before, I tested in on my deck and it was green lighted. Once I was in the parking lot of the track, not only did I not get connected, I wasn't able to calibrate. However, I was able to spin up the props and fly. How can this happen.

Also I was flying it about 3 feet off the ground and took it back to where I parked. I stopped it 10 feet from my truck. But it kept on 'drifting'. I was standing to the side, so I panicked and press 'left' when I should have pressed 'right'. Well she ran right into my door. Sure enough, scratched the paint, and flipped over on the ground.

Very frustrating to say the least.
2017-4-3
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Maybe you are in a no fly zone....
2017-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about the experience with DJI product.
The error message from DJI GO app is "Disconnected" or "No signal" ?
And what calibration you were trying to do?
2017-4-4
Use props
JoeO
lvl.1

United States

Are you carrying another phone or device that has been setup to auto connect to your P3A? I had a similar problem and found out my phone was auto connecting before the tablet I use for flying. That occurred while in the field. At home my phone is already connected to my home wifi, so it does not try to steal control before my tablet can make connection.
2017-4-4
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

I was not in a fly zone. I've gone to my local park, a playground, and the racetrack (which is closed for the season). None of them are considered no fly zones. I'm just getting the message, "Disconnected" on top, no camera view and isn't able to calibrate (press OK and nothing). However, like I said, I can still start up the P3A and fly. I just don't want to do it when I can't see anything on the tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A). By the way, I use Litchi. I also have Go App installed, but that doesn't work either.
2017-4-4
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like strong interference. I am sure that there is a lot of Wi-Fi at a track. Try another location. This can happen close t a Cell site.  Give "Airplane Mode" a shot on you Tablet/Phone.
2017-4-4
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-4-4 05:12
I was not in a fly zone. I've gone to my local park, a playground, and the racetrack (which is closed for the season). None of them are considered no fly zones. I'm just getting the message, "Disconnected" on top, no camera view and isn't able to calibrate (press OK and nothing). However, like I said, I can still start up the P3A and fly. I just don't want to do it when I can't see anything on the tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab A). By the way, I use Litchi. I also have Go App installed, but that doesn't work either.

Remember, you don't have to have your RC to fly your phantom, but yes it is the best way. Your controller is obviously connected. uninstall the app and re-install to see if it helps. Are you turning on the RC (with tablet, device not connected...app can be running but do not hook up cable yet), then power up the drone, now plug your cable in. This is the correct procedure and may make a difference for you. If that doesn't work and you are able to get into the app, but no video present, try to toggle the RC on and off again. Best of luck
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules