1113 7 2017-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9f59870d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Last time I flew everything worked flawlessley, that was about 5 days ago. I go out today and "NOT CONNECTED" is all i see in the Go App. I can fly it, I just don't get any telemetry. Usually, I can shut of the bird and turn it back on and then I get an image and all the telemetry. I fell i have tried everything. Off and on, closed the app and restarted. Shut everything down and start the app, then the controller then the bird, replaced the cord from the controller to the ipad, cleaned the contacts on the camera. NOTHING ZIP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hate when it does not work.

Inspire 1 with X3 camera.

Many thanks,
Houston

2017-4-3
Use props
fans9f59870d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well, after spending about an hour fiddling with this I decided to try it with my iPhone. Worked perfectly. Still not with the iPad. hard booted the iPad and now it works. Thought that was weird. The power of rebooting.
2017-4-3
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

Not perhaps relevant to this problem but here it is anyway. We have seen USB - connector errors with Phantom 3 Advanced. Remote controller end is somehow loose and slightly turning the USB - cable connector re-establishes the connection. I've seen someone printed support of the cable for Inspire 1 trying to avoid "disconnected" midflight.
2017-4-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

fans9f59870d Posted at 2017-4-3 17:08
Well, after spending about an hour fiddling with this I decided to try it with my iPhone. Worked perfectly. Still not with the iPad. hard booted the iPad and now it works. Thought that was weird. The power of rebooting.

This is a USB connection issue. Try with different cables and check if there is any dirt in the plug inlet on the iPad end.
2017-4-3
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Make sure you have an I pad with a strong Processor, the latest that I have heard is one with at least an A8 processor works best .  Now not to say other iPads wont work but there are many variables regarding this such as , Interference in your area, strength of Your RC transmitter ( touch subject )  Heat factors, firmware version ETC.  So the iPad you have to day may not work in the future.

If you have a Fast I pad then As Mike the Cat suggested this could be a cable issue , dirty  port Etc.  Be sure to have a High quality short cable as well.  

Have Fun

donnie
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans9f59870d Posted at 2017-4-3 17:08

Just to clarify, which iPad version do you have and is it running the same Go app version as the iPhone? I'm assuming you have one of the latest versions of the iPhone hardware wise, correct?
2017-4-4
Use props
fans9f59870d
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-4-3 19:40
This is a USB connection issue. Try with different cables and check if there is any dirt in the plug inlet on the iPad end.

You are correct Mike. I was on another shoot when this happened again. New USB cable from the controller to the iPad and boom. No more issues since.
2017-7-6
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

fans9f59870d Posted at 2017-7-6 13:06
You are correct Mike. I was on another shoot when this happened again. New USB cable from the controller to the iPad and boom. No more issues since.

Glad your issue was resolved and thanks for the feedback ! Mike
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules