Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi team.
In September I'm flying return to Germany from Australia via Dubai (but only an hour so not leaving the airport). Has anyone travelled that route recently, and just wondering if I'm likely to strike any issues if I took my P4 in a hard backpack (carry-on or otherwise)? I'd dearly like to not have it confiscated at any point...
2017-4-3
Use props
GreenHornet55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213222 ft
United States

I've not done that route, but I'd ship, insured and well packed. It would probably beat you your end point.
2017-4-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There have been reports of problems with Emirates and/or Dubai airport.  Here are a few references:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-79048-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-74417-1-1.html
2017-4-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks to the above for comment so far. Labroides, I recall seeing one of those threads, but I don't anticipate I'll leave the airport's secure area as I'll be re-boarding another flight again within the hour.
Regardless, I'm already thinking it's too hard and risky. Shame, as I'd love to take my P4 through Germany with me.
2017-4-3
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

I was going to suggest putting the aircraft in the  hold in the hard case and carrying just the batteries, until I read the report you linked to where the batteries were confiscated.

Shipping the whole thing over separately would be possible but  there could be an issue with sending the batteries.

Maybe you could take the aircraft in the hold and some kind soul in Germany could lend you a battery while you are there. It may cost you a stein or two.
2017-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules