Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem could not shut off motors
716 8 2017-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansed5d1cc0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I was flying from a boat the other day, someone would hold the P4 Pro by the landing gear for takeoff and catch it by the landing gear to land.  With my old P3 Pro I could just shut off the motors using the controls when someone was holding the drone like this.

With the P4 Pro I could not get it to shut off its motors at all.  It would not respond to holding the joysticks down and in to shut off the motor, as if it thought it was in danger or something.  A person was holding it by the landing gear.

How can I get the Quadcopter to shut down the motors once it is being held on a boat by the landing gear at sea?  I would up having to have the guy hold it down on the deck and it took many tries and prompt overriddes to get it to finally agree to "land" even though it was being held all the time by the landing gear

-Roger Uzun
2017-4-4
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

On a boat you are drifting around.. The Phantom thinks it needs to correct for these movements and will wind up the motors to do so. The CSC will NOT kill the motors because the combination is different for the P4P.  Next time try to put it in ATTI mode once it is caught then try to shut down the motors, or try to shut down the motors using the P4P (and P4) motor shut off combination.. That is accomplished by holding the left stick down and towards the middle and pushing the RTH button - make sure your partner has a good grip on it at this point because the motors will shut off.
2017-4-4
Use props
droningaroundth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7344777 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The same happened to my P4P on a boat and I was alternating with a friend who would hold the Drone by the landing gear until I got the combination of buttons right (including the RTH)...
2018-1-20
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38415 ft
United States

droningaroundth Posted at 2018-1-20 08:12
The same happened to my P4P on a boat and I was alternating with a friend who would hold the Drone by the landing gear until I got the combination of buttons right (including the RTH)...

Sticks down and in is to start motors.
Hold only the up & down stick all the way down to shut them off on a P4P.
If you land then hold the sticks down and in, that should result in not so good ground movement.  

Please, for the safety of everybody around you, familiarize yourself with the craft & controls.
2018-1-20
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

OK so the original post goes back to April 2017, but be nice to know outcome. I'm a bit confused here (not an unusual state). So could switch off the motors when hand catching the  P3 so obviously knew how it worked. But was the issue about not being able to switch off the motors when you are on a boat or can't switch off period?
Mine works as per Tom's advice (4#).
Just curious.
2018-1-20
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Tom Saavedra Posted at 2018-1-20 13:47
Sticks down and in is to start motors.
Hold only the up & down stick all the way down to shut them off on a P4P.
If you land then hold the sticks down and in, that should result in not so good ground movement.  

The problem is, if the boat moves the AC detect movement and don't know it is safe to turn off the motors. Emergency stop might be needed, Left stick down and in + RTH button.
2018-1-20
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-20 16:25
The problem is, if the boat moves the AC detect movement and don't know it is safe to turn off the motors. Emergency stop might be needed, Left stick down and in + RTH button.

Thanks Ken got it now.
2018-1-20
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38415 ft
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-20 16:25

Ahhhh, I see.
2018-1-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This happened to me once, i ended up telling it to land in the app (whilst holding it) and that worked fine
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules