Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Motor Overloaded Warning During Flight
610 3 2017-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeff Goldberg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1457329 ft
United States

This weekend, after a few successful flights a strange thing happened.  Right after takeoff, the screen went almost diagonal.   I tried to waggle the Mavic back and forth in case something was stuck.  Then I got the "Gimbal Motor Overloaded Warning" message.  I hit the return to home button.  While the drone was returning, I did check that I had the gimbal lock in my pocket (which I did).  On the ride back, I believe I received the same warning in red.  After it landed, I powered it off, let it rest a few minutes, powered it back on, did a gimbal calibration and all was fine.  I imagine at some point, the gimbal can burn itself out.  Luckily, the drone was 45 seconds away. If farther away, this could be quite a problem.  Any thoughts on what might cause this and how to prevent?  
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jeff, I'd suggest you to double check the gimbal camera before taking off. You could also try to do the gimbal calibration.
Here is a video tutorial for your reference.
2017-4-4
Use props
Jeff Goldberg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1457329 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-4 23:46
Hi Jeff, I'd suggest you to double check the gimbal camera before taking off. You could also try to do the gimbal calibration.
Here is a video tutorial for your reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXekYjEJA8

Thank you Mindy.  I do these things.  Over many, many hours of flights no issues. Just that one time.  Curious i there is a cause so I can focus in on what might have happened.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jeff Goldberg Posted at 2017-4-6 05:46
Thank you Mindy.  I do these things.  Over many, many hours of flights no issues. Just that one time.  Curious i there is a cause so I can focus in on what might have happened.

Please test more and see if the error message will shows up again.
2017-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules