Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NODE: Network of Drone Enthusiasts
1791 4 2017-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Did anyone else just get this email from DJI about a new advocacy group for drone owners? It looks like people have been aware of it for at least a couple of weeks, but this was the first I'd heard of it:

Dear Creator,

The last few years have been an especially exciting time for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), commonly known as drones. Today, drones are generating new opportunities around the world for business, government, nonprofit, educational and recreational use. Drones also assist first responders, make hazardous jobs safer, let people take stunning photos and inspire our children to get involved with science and technology.

In the United States, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has opened the skies to safe and responsible drone flight with a series of common-sense drone regulations. However, many cities, counties and states have considered additional regulations that are inconsistent or impractical – and in some cases directly in conflict with FAA rules.

This is why it’s important that your elected officials hear how drones are safe, fun and educational. And responsible drone pilots like you are the best people to deliver that message.

To that end, we helped start the Network of Drone Enthusiasts (NODE), a new grassroots group dedicated to representing the interests of responsible drone pilots across the United States and Canada. And to give affiliated drone organizations a united voice to collaborate with local legislators on developing reasonable and effective drone regulations that encourage drone use while protecting public safety.

A modest investment of your time will be invaluable in protecting your rights and the rights of fellow drone owners and pilots.

Join the Network of Drone Enthusiasts today by:

• Signing up here on the website. It only takes 30 seconds!
  • Following NODE’s Facebook and Twitter accounts for the latest news.
  • Spreading the word about NODE, with friends and fellow enthusiasts across the country.

All drone pilots and fans, from do-it-yourself drone kit owners to commercial operators, are welcome to join this grassroots movement. Through the website, Facebook and Twitter pages, NODE members can bring local drone proposals to the attention of a national network of UAS experts, who can provide guidance on explaining the benefits of drones and their admirable safety record to local elected officials. In addition, NODE’s website will track proposed drone regulations around the country, making it easy for concerned pilots to get involved and tap into a larger pool of supporters to ensure they can work productively and effectively with their elected officials.

Together, we can ensure that public safety is a priority and protect the rights of drone owners and pilots. Thanks again for your willingness to stand up and be counted.

Sincerely,

DJI

2017-4-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I think I submitted my email address for consideration a while back, forget how and where, but I received the email today as well.
2017-4-4
Use props
KzooCatman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282418 ft
United States

I received the email this morning and used the link to sign up.
2017-4-4
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Sounds like a good idea. Signed up as well and also followed the associated FB group.
2017-4-4
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-4-4 08:37
Sounds like a good idea. Signed up as well and also followed the associated FB group.

Sounds like a good idea.

I agree. In fact, I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner, but maybe the recent developments in Canada motivated them to act.
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules