Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 600 Ronin MX GH4
1513 19 2017-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hi im trying to get feed to the ipad from the Panasonic GH4 via hdmi through lightbridge to the rc and then ipad but i just have a blank screen i assume it is to do with ouput either on the matrice or gh4 any help apreciated

2017-4-4
Use props
paul
lvl.1
United Kingdom

its ok i figured it out
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Good to hear you were able to get it sorted. You can also post your findings in case you feel it will help others.
2017-4-4
Use props
Kover
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-4 17:00
Good to hear you were able to get it sorted. You can also post your findings in case you feel it will help others.

Hi,
+/- the same topic. When using a slave-RC, the slave doesn't connect to the aircraft and I don't get an image on my tablet. The master-rc does connect and gives me the image of the camera.
I'm using M600 pro + ronin mx + GH4 (+SRW 60 G), everything is updated. I cannot enter the master-rc's name in the slave's settings and it won't accept a password (changes back to 0000).
The light on the slave turns to cyan and the slave's name seems to be in the slave-list on the master-rc. At least I think it is, since I don't see the slave's name on the slave-rc.
Never been a big fan of S&M

Hope anyone can help
Thanks
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kover Posted at 2017-4-6 08:38
Hi,
+/- the same topic. When using a slave-RC, the slave doesn't connect to the aircraft and I don't get an image on my tablet. The master-rc does connect and gives me the image of the camera.
I'm using M600 pro + ronin mx + GH4 (+SRW 60 G), everything is updated. I cannot enter the master-rc's name in the slave's settings and it won't accept a password (changes back to 0000).

Try the following combination to give yourself a clean slate on master-slave assignment on each one:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link one RC as the Master and set the other as a slave.

When relinking the master RC, perform it manuall with the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

If the slave RC still won't produce a video feed, try switching the assignment from slave to master and do vice versa for the other RC.

Let me know if there are any changes.
2017-4-6
Use props
Kover
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-6 10:05
Try the following combination to give yourself a clean slate on master-slave assignment on each one:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.

Thanks, I'll try this one of these days. Now the name of the master RC seems to have disappeared and I can't type anything in the box.
Just to be sure, where exactly is the linking button on the M600 PRO?
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kover Posted at 2017-4-11 11:47
Thanks, I'll try this one of these days. Now the name of the master RC seems to have disappeared and I can't type anything in the box.
Just to be sure, where exactly is the linking button on the M600 PRO?

When you take off the cover over the flight controller/LB2 module, it will be on the LB2 air end to the right of the 'upgrade' port, It's a small button that you would use a pen or a very skinny screwdriver to press.
2017-4-11
Use props
Kover
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-11 11:58
When you take off the cover over the flight controller/LB2 module, it will be on the LB2 air end to the right of the 'upgrade' port, It's a small button that you would use a pen or a very skinny screwdriver to press.

Hi,

I think I found it and because it's such a stupid and simple thing I thought I'd tell this so others don't mess about for hours as I did.
I did everything as suggested : a new slave - master reassignment, switching slave and master, relinking,... but with no result. I changed devices, reinstalled the go-app and almost gave up until I (accidently) removed a USB-adaptor (normal to mini) that was on a cable all that time (connection from RC to tablet). And all of a sudden things worked! Didn't know what to do, laugh or cry. Choose the first option. Anyone care to explain this?
Tested it and so far on the slave I only have control over the tilt of the camera, no pan. So that's the next thing. Tried to calibrate the Ronin MX but got the message 'calibration failed'. Any suggestions please?

But first lesson : DO NOT USE ANY F***ING USB-ADAPTOR WHATSOEVER! EVER!

Greets
2017-4-14
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just bought the DJI focus motor to expand my setup.  I generally just use my wide angle Olympus, but thought I'd expand lenses.   
Could someone tell me why the DJI Motor doesnt come with it's power cable?  It's like sending a charger with no cable.  I find this really odd.
Was the motor really not supposed to come with its power support?  I would email support but I've never once actually recieved a response from them.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kover Posted at 2017-4-14 06:39
Hi,

I think I found it and because it's such a stupid and simple thing I thought I'd tell this so others don't mess about for hours as I did.

It's good to hear that you were able to find the root of the issue. It could have been either that the USB cable (normal to normal, I'm assuming) was not fast enough data wise or that the adaptor was not of the same quality and reduced the speed. Not all USB cables are the same quality wise. A good one can make or brake the set up.

When you set up the same, did you hit the 'request' permission option in the app? When you tried to calibrate the MX, did you have your camera installed? Have you tried resetting to default in the Gimal Assistant software to see if it makes the calibration more successful?
2017-4-14
Use props
Kover
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-14 09:11
It's good to hear that you were able to find the root of the issue. It could have been either that the USB cable (normal to normal, I'm assuming) was not fast enough data wise or that the adaptor was not of the same quality and reduced the speed. Not all USB cables are the same quality wise. A good one can make or brake the set up.

When you set up the same, did you hit the 'request' permission option in the app? When you tried to calibrate the MX, did you have your camera installed? Have you tried resetting to default in the Gimal Assistant software to see if it makes the calibration more successful?

I did request permission and the camera was installed. I'll look into the default-settings tomorrow, almost midnight here.

Thanks
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kover Posted at 2017-4-14 13:40
I did request permission and the camera was installed. I'll look into the default-settings tomorrow, almost midnight here.

Thanks

Please keep me posted when you can.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-4-14 09:00
I just bought the DJI focus motor to expand my setup.  I generally just use my wide angle Olympus, but thought I'd expand lenses.   
Could someone tell me why the DJI Motor doesnt come with it's power cable?  It's like sending a charger with no cable.  I find this really odd.
Was the motor really not supposed to come with its power support?  I would email support but I've never once actually recieved a response from them.

If you buy the Follow Focus Kit that comes with both the motor and the remote, it will come with the power cable, per the Follow Focus Manual:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/f ... _Manual_v1.2_en.pdf

If you are buying the motor separately, it does not come with it as the separate motor on the Online Store is sold as a spare part.
2017-4-14
Use props
Kover
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-14 13:48
Please keep me posted when you can.

I do have control of pan and tilt now but the tilt is very choppy; the camera tilts down and then 'jumps' some centimeters further.
Is this because of the stiffness? Are there any guidelines for that? (ronin mx + panasonic GH4)
2017-4-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kover Posted at 2017-4-16 10:46
I do have control of pan and tilt now but the tilt is very choppy; the camera tilts down and then 'jumps' some centimeters further.
Is this because of the stiffness? Are there any guidelines for that? (ronin mx + panasonic GH4)

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, did you turn off the internal receiver in the Gimbal Assistant software?
2017-4-17
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-14 14:00
If you buy the Follow Focus Kit that comes with both the motor and the remote, it will come with the power cable, per the Follow Focus Manual:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/focus/en/DJI_Focus_User_Manual_v1.2_en.pdf

I see what you are saying Jamie, but I bought the DJI Focus before the motor came with it ( for the DJI Inspire). So it is a bit aggravating that I have no other option but to buy this as an extra part.  I have to buy all of these elements seperately even though I was a first buyer of the DJI Focus.   Ergh, just seems like when we buy early we miss out on all of these extras that come later. Anyways,  do I have to install the extra battery and slot in the back to get the P-tap power working for the motor or will the GH5 take power from the original battery port?
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-4-17 16:34
I see what you are saying Jamie, but I bought the DJI Focus before the motor came with it ( for the DJI Inspire). So it is a bit aggravating that I have no other option but to buy this as an extra part.  I have to buy all of these elements seperately even though I was a first buyer of the DJI Focus.   Ergh, just seems like when we buy early we miss out on all of these extras that come later. Anyways,  do I have to install the extra battery and slot in the back to get the P-tap power working for the motor or will the GH5 take power from the original battery port?

I'm having a little trouble understanding the question. If you're planning to just power the Focus motor and not the GH5, you can just use the P-Tap port on the Ronin without the extra battery. If you plan to power both the GH5 and the Focus motor, then you will need the extra battery. Hopefully this is the answer you're looking for.
2017-4-18
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-18 13:13
I'm having a little trouble understanding the question. If you're planning to just power the Focus motor and not the GH5, you can just use the P-Tap port on the Ronin without the extra battery. If you plan to power both the GH5 and the Focus motor, then you will need the extra battery. Hopefully this is the answer you're looking for.

I was really just wondering if there is another option with powering the motor?  Is the motor P-tap specific ?  I am fine with GH5 power.
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-4-18 17:27
I was really just wondering if there is another option with powering the motor?  Is the motor P-tap specific ?  I am fine with GH5 power.

For the motor, it is supposted to be powered via the front P-Tap port. If you wanted to power both it and the camera, you would use the extra battery with the optional Battery Power Distributor. Outside of a Ronin or a camera stabilizer that doesn't have P-Tap available, you might be able to get away with using the Auxiliary Power Adapter. The latter would really be for an odd 3rd party mod, though.
2017-4-19
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-19 12:58
For the motor, it is supposted to be powered via the front P-Tap port. If you wanted to power both it and the camera, you would use the extra battery with the optional Battery Power Distributor. Outside of a Ronin or a camera stabilizer that doesn't have P-Tap available, you might be able to get away with using the Auxiliary Power Adapter. The latter would really be for an odd 3rd party mod, though.

Thanks Jamie,  I went ahead and stocked up with both the Motor Power Adapter and the Aux Power Adapter since I will hopefully be running this M600 for extended periods of time.  I am confused by one thing though.  The end of the power cable for the APA looks like it needs to be soldered with it's correct end piece (to the positive and negative charge).  http://store.dji.com/product/ron ... d=22521#/?_k=xk43c8

Is this correct?  There doesn't seem to be a manual on the site.  I honestly would rather not deal with having to solder when I have all of the needed elements on order already.  Please let me know.  

Lastly,  I would like to buy the TB48's for the M600 but notice that they only have the TB47 in bulk pricing.  What gives on this?  Since I was never sent my hex charger,  it's hard enough getting even one charge every 2 hours.  Could you look in to bulk pricing on the TB48S batteries?   I would really like to pull the trigger on these but no way I want spend $1200 + on these to buy all separately.

So far not included in my kit (though pictured on my order page) is the Hex charger and battery case.  I have not heard a thing from DJI.  Jamie could you inquire about this.  I would really appreciate that.  once again thank you for all of your help.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules