Can someone provide insight about D-LOG
642 1 2017-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cammilon96
lvl.1
Chile

It seems to be the prefered setting for post processing but i would love to understand why and how i can really exploit it to my benefit in color correction and such.
Many osmo tips channels talk about it but in a very vague way, like they all say what the other guy said about D-Log, so, as a noobie in filmmaking, i am requesting info.

Thanks!
2017-4-4
Use props
Geruvah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24360 ft
United States

Talking about it vaguely may help you since you're a newbie, because specifics will likely be hard for you to wrap your head around. So I'll ELI5.

Many cameras have their own color signature. This look means some reds, greens, or blues are stronger than the other and they use all values in the spectrum. But with D-Log, you basically negate all of that, giving it a very neutral look that won't blow out a particular color. It'll seem very dim and dull on the monitor, but you need that so that when you go to post you can enhance the colors to your liking, which is what you'll hear as color grading or color correcting.

So to ask "How can I exploit to in my benefit" isn't really the correct way of thinking, because color correction is the step you HAVE to take when you film this way.
2017-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules