Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RoboMaster video receiver for Mavic
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seaduner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7619229 ft
  • >>>
United States

At CES last January, DJI demonstrated a device that caught my attention, RoboMaster.  This device is a second destination for Mavic video to be received wirelessly, then displayed on TV via HDMI cable.  This device has major league potential to improve relations with the public by letting the masses enjoy the thrill of flight, real time, on a big screen.  Just think what you could do at parties, social functions, events or destinations by flying safely away from people, but those people could see your aerial views of things like a sail boat race, desert motorcycle race, search and rescue, etc.  Having an easy way to display on TV in an event tent is unique, while the Mavic pilot is blocks away navigating the craft to capture the POI.  I sure hope DJI sells the RoboMaster receiver soon, it would really help with the politics and public relations concerning drones, and open the eyes and imagination of the public in a big way.
If you Google "RoboMaster", this product appears to be a product that came from a DJI robotics organization, and I assume it performed so well that DJI decided used the same communications protocol (Ocu-Sync) in the Mavic.  That may explain why Mavic communications is so different from P4P and I2.   I'm pretty sure this RoboMaster receiver existed before Mavic, but that's just a guess.  If you're going to NAB show in Vegas this month, look for them to use the same RoboMaster unit to demonstrate Mavic, and check it out.  DJI doesn't talk about it, but it's just sitting there in the flight booth with the HDMI cable running to it.   It's pretty amazing to have multiple receivers from a single video transmission from the air, Wifi drones can't do that due to TCP/IP that's inherant in Wifi technology, supporting only point to point communications.

2017-4-4
Use props
sergio05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 367011 ft
Colombia

i'm waiting for thath
2017-6-19
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.3
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

Me too, will look more closely at ces next year

2017-6-19
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.3
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

Here is what the DJI online store says on robomaster page "Sorry, the product is not yet available in your country or region."  

2017-6-19
Use props
Seaduner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7619229 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's been a year now.  The DJI goggles are released, which takes advantage of the second receiver capability in Ocu-Sync.  We also have the Phantom 4PV2 which has Ocu-Sync now.  You'd think DJI would release RoboMaster to take advantage of the multi-receiver technology, in an effort to help improve public relations.  We could WOW the public with aerial coverage of events and functions. Events could legally provide this WOW FACTOR with Part107 drone operators that understand how to fly safe, away from people, while transmitting the aerial imagery safely to the masses, seeing event details from the air on a BIG SCREEN.  DJI's missing a prime opportunity to help the community, politically and economically.
All DJI would need to do when they release it would be to include an SMA connector on the device for an external antenna option.  What a great product, if they would only release it.
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules