More of Downtown Miami at Night in 4k (headphones recommended)
6793 65 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Surrealplaces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 908819 ft
Canada

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-4-7 17:25
You could make a masterpiece win an Oscar or even the Nobel prize. Making a video with a drone and someone's gonna have a problem with it say your in the wrong or violating a law. You have made something beautiful be proud ignore what people say more than likely they are jealous and do far worse things while flying... Awesome job

Agreed .
2017-4-12
Use props
fans1eb394e9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117733 ft
United States

If Im not mistaken all of downtown Miami is in Class bravo airspace. Were you notifying ATC if you were in the Bravo?
2017-4-12
Use props
mooki21
New
Flight distance : 8609 ft
United States

Awesome footage and color quality!
2017-4-13
Use props
fans98fe40d4
New
United States

Nice work. I especially like the color rendition. Did you treat it any in post?
2017-4-13
Use props
Projectile
lvl.1
Flight distance : 288363 ft
United States

How about calculating how far ahead of  the truck flatbed your drone would have to be in order for you to shut off the props and then the
truck would move forward for your drone to then fall in the flatbed.
2017-4-16
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

WOW! awesome job. I can't believe people are giving you crap over the regulations. I wonder if they yell at people from one car to the next to tell them they were speeding.  For the record I think most of downtown is NOT class B below 1000ft AGL where it looks like this flight was happening
KMIA CHART - Class B= ABOVE 1000 (Click the far right "Miami FLY" to declutter.)

Did he cross into some of it, probably. Does it look reckless or dangerous, no. People need to chill. Yes, there is a place and a very good reason to complain when people break the regulations. However, when someone does something you wish you had done and are maybe a tad jealous of it, then keep it to yourself. I haven't read through all of the posts, but come on, this is great cinematic work and should be applauded. This is coming from an Inspire guy. lol Great work!

2017-4-17
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The colors, focus and quality of the video was so good. Was this video taken by Mavic? If it was then this is the best night video from the Mavic I have seen. Good job
2017-4-17
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry  friends, I was out of town on a cruise with the family. More Mavic videos coming soon . Once again thank you all for all the nice comments. For those of you still concerned about the safety of this flight, please read my previous comment on this. I did fly over cars and maybe over a person or two, but for a very brief period of time. I was not hovering or flying along the highway. I always kept a safe distance from buildings and was mostly flying over the Miami river.

As for Class B airspace, there's a seaplane runway in the waters right around where the cruises park. I have contacted them a few times and I have been told that as long as I dont fly right above them I should be fine. Now, I was flying right inside Downtown, there are also a few heliports in the area. First of all I am always aware of other aircraft in the area while Im flying, so in case I hear or see a helicopter or other manned aircraft I can get out of the way... and second, no planes or helicopters are going to be flying where I was flying, they wouldn't fit and that would be more dangerous than my drone flying in that airspace. Overall I still believe it was a very safe flight and a very safe area to fly from with very low traffic (under the drone) and very few people walking, if any at all.

Yes this video was shot with my Mavic lol. I really didn't think it was that clean since there's a lot of noise in some of the shots. I did not use any noise reduction software, but I did color correct and graded the footage in Adobe Premiere. A friend of mine was shooting with his Phantom 4 Pro, I would love to see and maybe work with that footage. At the time we were flying, his video feed looked a lot clearer and detailed than mine.
2017-4-18
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Let us know your settings
2017-4-18
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Everything was pretty much set to default. No custom color or style. Video settings were set to auto and I was shooting in 4k at 24fps. Most work was done in post.
2017-4-19
Use props
fans9613de06
New

United States

Awesome ..Great footage
2017-4-19
Use props
fansdde2bb9c
New
Indonesia

Awesome dude...!!! I don't know the mavic can produce video that good
2017-4-20
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Hey man. Great vid. Can I ask a question? How do you do the timing of the music to the blackout transition type thing? The BLACK BLACK BLAC BL BL BL BBBBBBBB effect. I've tried to this manually and always fail!
2017-5-7
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-7 12:13
Hey man. Great vid. Can I ask a question? How do you do the timing of the music to the blackout transition type thing? The BLACK BLACK BLAC BL BL BL BBBBBBBB effect. I've tried to this manually and always fail!

lol! I liked the way you described the effect.
I did that manually in Premiere. I cut a piece of video right on each beat, usually a frame or two will be enough. As the beat gets tighter so do the cuts in the video. It helps a lot to have a good zoomed in visual of the audio track.
2017-5-8
Use props
Techbrute
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180144 ft
United States

Very nice.  I really liked the "Miami" graphic in the background of the opening shot.  
2017-5-8
Use props
Hagbard
lvl.1

United States

Miami is the perfect city to film at night! Looks great. Nice job.
2017-5-8
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-5-8 07:23
lol! I liked the way you described the effect.
I did that manually in Premiere. I cut a piece of video right on each beat, usually a frame or two will be enough. As the beat gets tighter so do the cuts in the video. It helps a lot to have a good zoomed in visual of the audio track.

Thanks. Too much hard work for most my editing.  I can't believe there isn't a plugin that can manage this somehow.
2017-5-8
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you all! It is a lot of manual work but Im sure there are tools out there to get it done easier.
2017-5-8
Use props
Gregory_leo
lvl.1
United States

Great footage
2017-5-8
Use props
Mavic Owner
lvl.3

Philippines

Beautiful!
2017-5-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Similar to what someone else said earlier, great video and editing, but the music sucked.    Different strokes.
2017-5-8
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-5-8 22:16
Similar to what someone else said earlier, great video and editing, but the music sucked.    Different strokes.

Lol yeah not everyone is going to like the same. You propably would have chosen a different track and it would have been nice as well, but this is the music i was feeling when I was making the video
2017-5-9
Use props
jdp1989
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Awesome video. Did you do anything in post to remove noise from the video? It's very clear
2017-5-9
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jdp1989 Posted at 2017-5-9 20:51
Awesome video. Did you do anything in post to remove noise from the video? It's very clear

I didn't use any noise removing software or plug-ins. I think that playing around with color correction and contrasts removed a bit of the noise.
2017-5-10
Use props
Elohir
New
Flight distance : 18675 ft
South Korea

Honestly, it's an excellent work. I'm not an expert but I Loved to watch your video. As anyone else here, I think your editing is very good.
Thank you very much for this exemple of what we can do with the Mavic and some training in both piloting and editing.
2017-5-12
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Elohir Posted at 2017-5-12 07:35
Honestly, it's an excellent work. I'm not an expert but I Loved to watch your video. As anyone else here, I think your editing is very good.
Thank you very much for this exemple of what we can do with the Mavic and some training in both piloting and editing.

Thank you so much!
2017-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules