Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My drone repair experience
2620 26 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

BUYER BEWARE! If you are considering purchasing a drone from DJI, BEWARE, they have THE WORST customer service/repair service I have ever experienced. Every timeframe they give you from shipping out your new drone, to the repair process (god forbid you have to deal with this, like I currently am) is very likely going to be delayed far longer than what they have given. When you use their online chat (which they try to push you towards using, so you don't call into their very hard to find phone number) you will get the same copy and pasted answer to every question you ask, and when they feel they are done with you, they will just end the chat without notice. When you finally get ahold of someone on the phone, they will spit out those same generic answers of "we are sorry, but we are currently backed up on orders/repairs" (not my problem), and "your order/repair will be processed in the order it was received" (great, but stick to your given timeframes!). Then, to go further, when I continued to push them on the phone, the rep finally caved, and told me that they "would be submitting a request to have the repair process bypassed and a refurbished item sent out within the next 24 hours due to their current delays". 24 hours goes by, and I get a call back from a different person telling me "no, that's not going to happen. We will process your repair in the order it was received". When I ask to speak to a supervisor about being lied to by the last rep, I get told that I can't speak to a supervisor/manager, and after pushing further, was told then told "I am the supervisor, there is no one else here for you to talk to". He then tells me that once the repair is complete (whenever that is, because of course, he can't give me an accurate timeframe), that they "upgraded" me to two day shipping..... Gee, thanks! Two day shipping, after all I went through, that should be applied to EVERY $1,000 drone that is being shipped....
So, now I'm back at square one, waiting for my drone to be assessed, with absolutely no help from anyone. All of this after I went through a similar scenario to even get them to ship my new drone out, after I paid them.
Don't take just my word for it, take a look on these fourms and read other customer's experiences before you decide to make a purchase with them. My scenario seems to be a very common one. If I would have know about this before purschasing, I would have taken my business elsewhere, and I feel everyone has the right to know what they are getting into, before spending this kind of money on a product. I bought a $1,000 item. Not a $50 toy. I demand better support/service than this.

2017-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First of all when posting please give a timeframe for when you sent in your AC, It makes it easier for others to give a fair reply to your post.
You said you wanted to talk to a supervisor because you had been lied to by a Rep the previous day, but earlier in your post you say that the same Rep was only submitting a request to have your repair changed to a refurb, so he didn't actually lie.
You don't say whether you had dji care whether your repair was a fault or a crash, so your post only serves as someone ranting.
I think if you revise your post with actual facts you will get more help which is what you need , or just create another whining and ranting thread.
2017-4-5
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

I've bought two mavic pros from DJI (along with naza flight controllers, motors, etc). Yes, I've had issues; however, the DJI support staff is very supportive on the forums / and when emailing. They are a bit slow, and I don't like their response to the GO application issues - but I found their support average and their products amazing (i love the naza m). 10/10 would buy DJI again.
2017-4-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Have you read this post yet?
http://forum.dji.com/thread-91409-1-1.html
2017-4-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Also I have had numerous orders placed directly with DJI and Yes on my mavic order it took along time to ship, I did place my order within 12 hours of the release. But ive also order an Osmo and a few battery's and havnt had any issues  a couple battery's even shipped early!
2017-4-5
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

I've ordered direct from DJI on more than one occasion, never had any problems.
2017-4-5
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Two day shipping..... should be applied to EVERY $1,000 drone that is being shipped....

It's only standard with a DJI Prime account (and only within the US) :-)
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry for your experience, what is your case# and I will look into it?What date did the aircraft get received into the system after it was delivered to the repair center?
2017-4-5
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

YES! THEIR SERVICE IS AT BEST S*&T!  (SALT)

You don't expect to buy a premium product and get the service they offer! It is disgusting!
Told to wait a minimum of 1 month for a replacement that was delivered faulty and when its replaced, its replaced with a used replacement that was worse than the one u sent back
.... how the FOOOK does that work!

DJI get your quality control right instead of paying Casey Neistat to promote your products.

2017-4-5
Use props
FI. Stanley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I had great experience with dji in 5 days I got my refund back because I had faulty drone. Now I bought new mavic pro at my retail shop but all I get respond back very fast in next day I got my ups label. Dji Support NL is super.
2017-4-5
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

read me story here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-81979-1-1.html

ps its long!

OP I feel your pain!
2017-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SLiWooDy Posted at 2017-4-5 10:39

You don't expect to buy a premium product and get the service they offer! It is disgusting!

Here you are again whinging, I seem to remember the mods on this forum were trying to help you but you were more interested in whinging,
I think if you read back over your thread, you might remember saying and I'll quote, I DONT NORMALLY COMPLAIN, and your still hear complaining, the irony of it..
2017-4-5
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

SLiWooDy Posted at 2017-4-5 10:39

Based solely off your post, I can't imagine why you would be having customer service problems...
2017-4-5
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13245 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having a terrible time too. My brand new Mavic is faulty and I'm still waiting to hear back from the replacements department (I've not shipped it back, they haven't given me the info to). I've been asking on live chat every day for an update and getting nowhere. Today's rep was rather rude, and I ended up asking if I can just have a refund. I was told I can't, because it's day 7 (it's day 7 because they've failed to respond to me every day I've contacted them!).

Ticket number is 485573 though I also emailed a NL email address I was given today so also have 490579.

I'm close to getting a refund via PayPal. I have full chat logs of all interactions and emails
2017-4-5
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-5 11:09
Here you are again whinging, I seem to remember the mods on this forum were trying to help you but you were more interested in whinging,
I think if you read back over your thread, you might remember saying and I'll quote, I DONT NORMALLY COMPLAIN, and your still hear complaining, the irony of it..

Hallmark, everyone who has ever had a problem is a Whinger in your eyes.

P.S anyone that posts and checks the forum to see how fellow users are getting on and posts the truth gets  this kinda of abuse by this moron. Just ignore him, he goes away eventually.
2017-4-5
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

and I suppose these guys are just whinging too:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-91404-1-1.html

and this guy:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-91046-1-1.html

and this guy:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-85331-1-1.html

and this guy:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-91318-1-1.html

The list could go on and on....

BUT I GUESS I AM JUST A WHINGING DJI USER.....
2017-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SLiWooDy Posted at 2017-4-5 11:22
Hallmark, everyone who has ever had a problem is a Whinger in your eyes.

P.S anyone that posts and checks the forum to see how fellow users are getting on and posts the truth gets  this kinda of abuse by this moron. Just ignore him, he goes away eventually.

Your only answer seems to be to personally attack. Why not answer the question about mods trying to help you, but you going on the run.
Personal remarks are against forum rules, you might go back and read them.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Here is where dji tried to help you, but you preferred to continually whine and are still doing it today.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008

There still waiting for your answer....

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
2017-4-5
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok - Mods did try to help me here, That is correct.

But buyers shouldn't need to come to a public forum to find a solution to their problem.

If you buy a premium product you expect what you pay for and if its faulty on arrival people have a right to be pi$$ed off!

People need to understand that if they buy a drone direct from DJI and its faulty, the level of service they are going to expected is below par.

I like many others expected a lot higher and were disappointed.
I don't expect you as a "Captain" and clearly a DJI rep (forum) to be called a whinger for what is clearly DJI sub standards!

2017-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SLiWooDy Posted at 2017-4-5 11:46

But buyers shouldn't need to come to a public forum to find a solution to their problem.

There you go again making stupid statements, if your not sure of something don't say it, instead of replying to me maybe you should have respect and reply to those who were trying to help you..

Now it's time to stop high jacking OP's thread..
2017-4-5
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

SLiWooDy Posted at 2017-4-5 11:46

You not agreeing with another person doesn't make them employees of DJI.  

Ever consider your own extremely rude attitude might be influencing the way people respond to you when you seek their help?

2017-4-5
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok I wont High Jack the OP thread . I will just let others make up their own minds and I will agree with him.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Based on the case number you provided on another thread, OP, you started a case on 3/23 and received a shipping label in less than 24 hours. Your unit had arrived at the facility on 3/30 and was checked in on 3/31. Since the North American facility does not work on weekends, it has been a little over 3 business days from the day of check in at this facility to receive an evaluation and invoice, which had arrived shorty after speaking to the supervisor this morning who unfortunately could not provide your 24 hour replacement request.

I do not see how the Support rep had lied to you. As they had only submitted a request, per your own admission, not guaranteed a replacement within said 24 hours. I'm sorry that you feel that 3-4 business days for a non CARE Refresh case is sub par service, the Repair Center is working as fast as they can to accomodate the multitude of units that arrive each day from warranty and non warranty incidents and address the ones that have been waiting the longest. I'm sure you'll be up and running again soon once you have settled the invoice.
2017-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think if you read post 23, you will see where I was coming from, the OP makes this huge splash yet he is now only waiting 3 working days,
I think most people would call that a bit previous, wouldn't you ?

If someone posts a rant and doesn't give a timeframe, there's a good chance it's just a rant.

So I wouldn't be in any rush to feel the OP's Pain just yet ,as you said. In post 11
2017-4-5
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

DJI mods are the only ones that seem to care but everyone else in the repair process seems to put one in a Chinese Fire Drill.  Why do they do it?  Makes no freaking sense a company with such a quality product has such service.  Why not continuous improvement....instead of continuous disappointment? SMH
2017-4-5
Use props
fansdfce6629
New
Flight distance : 2090 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-5 13:55
Based on the case number you provided on another thread, OP, you started a case on 3/23 and received a shipping label in less than 24 hours. Your unit had arrived at the facility on 3/30 and was checked in on 3/31. Since the North American facility does not work on weekends, it has been a little over 3 business days from the day of check in at this facility to receive an evaluation and invoice, which had arrived shorty after speaking to the supervisor this morning who unfortunately could not provide your 24 hour replacement request.

I do not see how the Support rep had lied to you. As they had only submitted a request, per your own admission, not guaranteed a replacement within said 24 hours. I'm sorry that you feel that 3-4 business days for a non CARE Refresh case is sub par service, the Repair Center is working as fast as they can to accomodate the multitude of units that arrive each day from warranty and non warranty incidents and address the ones that have been waiting the longest. I'm sure you'll be up and running again soon once you have settled the invoice.

Hello, I am another dissatisfied customer, to keep it short DJI has not kept to their written timeline along with emailed timelines. I have requested information 8 times as to what parts I am being charged for and how they are addressing my documented issues, why am I being charged for replacement parts that did not appear broken prior to shipment (when the items were packaged better than needed, and what, if any parts are covered with warranty service. 12 days All I get is be patient it will be 2-3 days.  CAS-520571-G7Q1T4 CRM:0527000000980.
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansdfce6629 Posted at 2017-4-10 19:35
Hello, I am another dissatisfied customer, to keep it short DJI has not kept to their written timeline along with emailed timelines. I have requested information 8 times as to what parts I am being charged for and how they are addressing my documented issues, why am I being charged for replacement parts that did not appear broken prior to shipment (when the items were packaged better than needed, and what, if any parts are covered with warranty service. 12 days All I get is be patient it will be 2-3 days.  CAS-520571-G7Q1T4 CRM:0527000000980.

This situation has filled us with regret, we do understand your pain, sorry about that.
I've reported this concern to the support team, who are working on it now, will help you receive an update soon.
Thanks for sharing your experience, will keep improving and provide you more professional service so you would feel better with us, appreciate your patience.
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules