Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
BC20-4 Blinking Red
13933 13 2014-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nschmidt
New

United States

I recently recieved a DJI Phantom. I am following the guide and I am attempting to charge the battery for the first time. Everything is seemingly plugged in correctly but the Charge Status and 1S button are blinking red. I cannot find what the reason for this is. Some Google results tell me that this may be due to mixing up the +/- leads but I did not do this. Does anyone know what this behavior may indicate?

Upon further inspections I found the more detailed battery guide on the DJI website and see that it had me set the battery type switch to LiPo and current switch to 2A. These switches may not have been set correctly when I first pluged it in as it was not mentioned in the included guide.

2014-10-9
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

So, once you did the correct switching, is everything okay?
2014-10-9
Use props
nschmidt
New

United States

No. It blinks red regardless of what settings I configure it for.
2014-10-9
Use props
Wedeliver
New

United States

nschmidt Posted at 2014-10-10 09:08
No. It blinks red regardless of what settings I configure it for.

Do you have both the power and the balance leads connected?
2014-10-10
Use props
nschmidt
New

United States

Yes. Both are connected. Ive taken video of the problem to more clearly illustrate.

http://youtu.be/tYrbxeTFaXA
2014-10-11
Use props
nschmidt
New

India

I bought an entirely new charging station and battery but am still having this issue. I am at a complete loss to what im doing wrong. All the directions have been followed exactly as described on the wiki page and in the directions.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... arging-LiPo_Battery
2014-11-4
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.3

China

Hi nschmidt, have you tried different batteries?
2014-11-17
Use props
hollyarmstrong1
New

Australia

I am having the exact same problem, have you figured out how to fix it yet?
2014-11-29
Use props
MikeAHood
New

United States

Same problem here.  Any follow up from DJI?  A posted explanation would be very helpful, as there are many other people who are experiencing this problem.
2014-12-25
Use props
DJIScottDJI
New

United Kingdom

nschmidt Posted at 2014-10-12 02:24
Yes. Both are connected. Ive taken video of the problem to more clearly illustrate.

http://youtu.b ...

This is exactly what mine does. Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
2014-12-26
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.4

United States

When LiPo battery get below a certain charge level, the charger deems them dead and will not charge them. This may be the case.
If this is true, then you'll need to get a new battery or find a way to charge the 'dead' battery enough so the charger will accept it.
Theres a simple way to do this but I will not post it here.
Just Google "How to fix or repair a dead lipo battery" as you'll see how to do it.
Hint: Its like jump starting a car with a dead battery.
2014-12-26
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's easy to check the battery voltage using a multimeter. That will at least give some indication of if it is charging properly - it should be 12.5 to 12.6 volts fully charged.

The Red LED's can also indicate a system problem - from DJI's FAQ here
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom/faq
""System initializing and self-checking LED flashes" are not correct (Red LED appears in the last four green flashes).
The autopilot system works abnormally. Please contact your dealer."
2014-12-26
Use props
gvanrossum
New

United States

I had a mild version of this problem. On our first day we ran the battery too low and the charger did the alternating 1S / Charge blink thing. In our case the solution was: plug the battery into the Phantom briefly -- it blinked and beeped with a low battery complaint -- then plugged the battery in properly (the small cable into the side slit), and voilá it started charging (lights 1S, 2S, 3S and Charge all steady).
2015-3-29
Use props
morpou
New

Brazil

I have problem like

2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules