Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI support.. my great expierence from a rookie
1513 25 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pan_de_ron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36017 ft
United States

I'm new to the drone world, and MP is my first drone. I received my MP on 2/22/17. After a couple of flights, it had responding issues.  I called DJI support on 03/01/2017, and explained what happen.  DJI support was there patiently with my questions and concerns. I sent it in to the DJI repair center, and it went through the RMA process.  My RMA repair would be covered under a warranty repair. I was happy that I didn't have to use my DJI Care Refresh so soon. My RMA process wasn't too much different then the ones in the forum with the length of time issues. I sent a couple of emails and IM follow-up, but they were there to assist. Patience was key.

I received my MP on 03/28/2017.  I was shocked to see it wasn't the original MP I sent out. I sent out my original MP without a battery, and I received a replaced MP with a different SN# and new battery. Everything seems to be good so far with my replacement. The replaced MP may even been manufactured after my original MP I had.

My main concern at the moment was my DJI Care Refresh start date. I only had my original MP for 6 days, and I was out a MP for 28 days. As a result, I was about a month out without really using the DJI Care coverage.  

I emailed DJIcare@.com to have my agreement be updated.  I explained my situation. The email from support: "Apologies for the inconvenience. No worries, we have forwarded your request to the designated department. We’ll let you know once we receive a feedback." I was waiting for response email, but then I found out today that I see a new DJI Care Refresh Agreement email with a new start date of 04/04/17 instead of my original 02/21/17.

Like any company, there is room for improvement. However, I think DJI tries their best to satisfy their customer. Their support team is there to help, and they try to make it right.  This is coming from a first time drone user open to a new world, and experience.  Hopefully, this point forward is easy sailing or should I say flying. Wish me luck my new MP...
I
2017-4-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Thats awesome that they adjusted your DJI Refresh.
2017-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Free battery, that's a result, although your post is a very fair reflection of your dealings with dji repair facility. So good job you, you deserve it, happy flying.
2017-4-5
Use props
RealFixxxer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348343 ft
Russia

Very few people are so lucky. Usually everything is exactly the opposite)
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for posting your RMA experience.
2017-4-5
Use props
pan_de_ron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36017 ft
United States

It's like yelp reviews. People are so quick to type up a storm when something is wrong, and it is usually the case in any forum. I don't think people take the time to express a positive review for a company when they are trying to do their best to please customers. At the same time, I do agree that each experience is different.  I don't know if there's a third party vendor that does customer satisfaction reviews on DJI. It would be nice to see the results if they do.  I just hope to see more positive reviews so I can see where this company goes ahead with future products.
2017-4-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

pan_de_ron Posted at 2017-4-5 10:18
It's like yelp reviews. People are so quick to type up a storm when something is wrong, and it is usually the case in any forum. I don't think people take the time to express a positive review for a company when they are trying to do their best to please customers. At the same time, I do agree that each experience is different.  I don't know if there's a third party vendor that does customer satisfaction reviews on DJI. It would be nice to see the results if they do.  I just hope to see more positive reviews so I can see where this company goes ahead with future products.

Completely agree!
2017-4-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-5 10:01
Free battery, that's a result, although your post is a very fair reflection of your dealings with dji repair facility. So good job you, you deserve it, happy flying.

I didnt catch the part where he said he didnt send his battery! Just re-read it, even more awesome!
2017-4-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

RealFixxxer Posted at 2017-4-5 10:06
Very few people are so lucky. Usually everything is exactly the opposite)

I would say most people who have a good experience dont post about it. And id say over 80% of people with bad experiences will go on forums/online and post a rant about it. So to get a accurate number would be hard. It would be nice to see how many RMA's DJI has had to compare how many bad experiences consumers have had.
2017-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-5 10:32
I didnt catch the part where he said he didnt send his battery! Just re-read it, even more awesome!

Yeah I must remember that if I ever have to send mine in.
2017-4-5
Use props
RealFixxxer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348343 ft
Russia

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-5 10:33
I would say most people who have a good experience dont post about it. And id say over 80% of people with bad experiences will go on forums/online and post a rant about it. So to get a accurate number would be hard. It would be nice to see how many RMA's DJI has had to compare how many bad experiences consumers have had.

Maybe so, although if I had a good experience, I would talk about it, like any person who writes on this forum
2017-4-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-5 10:53
Yeah I must remember that if I ever have to send mine in.

I was thinking just to send mine in and see if i get a free battery, lol.
2017-4-5
Use props
fans44cbf3de
New
United States

I've sent my unit in for service - unsure if the Gimbal ever worked, but after charging the battery I did the firmware update. Back in March I sent the unit to the Carson, CA facility and it was received (based on the UPS tracking) on Wednesday,  04/05/2017 at 11:29 A.M. - However, I've yet to see the status of the case (CAS-540631-G4N8M2) - it's not even showing received. I would have expected this to be updated at least within 24 hours of the package actually being received. So I came over to the forums to check out service stories and am very disappointed to see so many bad stories. I'm truly hoping that my experience will be better in the end. I'm glad I found this review and will also be posting a positive review if mine works out better than the others I've been reading. If I'd not seen the YouTube video from Nerdgasm I wouldn't have considered DJI Mavic Pro at all. I'm defiantly a new flyer, flying less than 3 hours before sending it in for service. I fell in love with the device because it can fly itself and that's what this old man needed. Flying in wind was no problem. I didn't have to worry about constantly fiddling with the controls to keep it steady or anything like that. It's an awesome device - perhaps with some manufacturing quality control issues, causing overloaded service centers around the world, but it's awesome tech non the less.  I've been very close at to buying a second one just to have a spare.

Had I come to these forums first and read the bad service over and over, I wouldn't have gone with DJI at all. So I hope my case works out like the original's OP and I can recount the excellent service experience instead of a poor one. I'll do that not only on these forums, but every place in Social Media I can find. I like to reward good service when it is deserved!
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans44cbf3de Posted at 2017-4-7 02:41
I've sent my unit in for service - unsure if the Gimbal ever worked, but after charging the battery I did the firmware update. Back in March I sent the unit to the Carson, CA facility and it was received (based on the UPS tracking) on Wednesday,  04/05/2017 at 11:29 A.M. - However, I've yet to see the status of the case (CAS-540631-G4N8M2) - it's not even showing received. I would have expected this to be updated at least within 24 hours of the package actually being received. So I came over to the forums to check out service stories and am very disappointed to see so many bad stories. I'm truly hoping that my experience will be better in the end. I'm glad I found this review and will also be posting a positive review if mine works out better than the others I've been reading. If I'd not seen the YouTube video from Nerdgasm I wouldn't have considered DJI Mavic Pro at all. I'm defiantly a new flyer, flying less than 3 hours before sending it in for service. I fell in love with the device because it can fly itself and that's what this old man needed. Flying in wind was no problem. I didn't have to worry about constantly fiddling with the controls to keep it steady or anything like that. It's an awesome device - perhaps with some manufacturing quality control issues, causing overloaded service centers around the world, but it's awesome tech non the less.  I've been very close at to buying a second one just to have a spare.

Had I come to these forums first and read the bad service over and over, I wouldn't have gone with DJI at all. So I hope my case works out like the original's OP and I can recount the excellent service experience instead of a poor one. I'll do that not only on these forums, but every place in Social Media I can find. I like to reward good service when it is deserved!

Sorry about the delay. We'll make sure your drone is repaired ASAP.
2017-4-7
Use props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78773 ft
United States

so i bought a mavic pro on friday april 14 and it was delivered april 19. I had been working perfectly until a week and two days after it was delivered (april 28) it started to turn on and off obstacle avoidence randomly without me doing anything. I pressed return to home and my mavic started flying right for a building. WIthout me knowing because it turned off and on so much the obstacle avoidence didnt work and it hit the building. I do not have dji care refresh but will i be able to get a new mavic because DJI's product didnt work as advertised and stole 1000 dollars right out of my broke 16 year old pocket? I would appreciate it if dji understands their product was disabled and i had nothing to do with the crashing of my drone. WIll i get a new one?
2017-4-30
Use props
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-4-7 19:46
Sorry about the delay. We'll make sure your drone is repaired ASAP.

so i bought a mavic pro on friday april 14 and it was delivered april 19. I had been working perfectly until a week and two days after it was delivered (april 28) it started to turn on and off obstacle avoidence randomly without me doing anything. I pressed return to home and my mavic started flying right for a building. WIthout me knowing because it turned off and on so much the obstacle avoidence didnt work and it hit the building. I do not have dji care refresh but will i be able to get a new mavic because DJI's product didnt work as advertised and stole 1000 dollars right out of my broke 16 year old pocket? I would appreciate it if dji understands their product was disabled and i had nothing to do with the crashing of my drone. WIll i get a new one?
2017-4-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

1685 Posted at 2017-4-30 11:49

Can you put up your flight log..
2017-4-30
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

it started to turn on and off obstacle avoidence randomly without me doing anything

Out of curiosity, how did you know that it was turning OA on and off?

will i be able to get a new mavic because DJI's product didnt work as advertised and stole 1000 dollars right out of my broke 16 year old pocket?

DJI will provide a free replacement if they decide that the crash was caused by a product defect. If you'd like the opinion of the folks here as to the cause of the crash, please upload the flight log as Hallmark suggested using the instructions here and then provide us a link to the log.

P.S. It would be better if you would do this in a new thread to avoid confusion with previous posts.
2017-4-30
Use props
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-30 11:59
it started to turn on and off obstacle avoidence randomly without me doing anything

how do I get my flight log on here? with the sd card?
2017-4-30
Use props
lvl.1
United States

it kept notifying me " obstacle avoidence off"
2017-4-30
Use props
lvl.1
United States

how does dji decide whether i get a new one or not? do they look at the flight log? what else do ghey do to decide
2017-4-30
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

1685 Posted at 2017-4-30 12:40
how does dji decide whether i get a new one or not? do they look at the flight log? what else do ghey do to decide

By any chance were you in Sport mode at the time of the crash? That mode disables OA.

how do I get my flight log on here? with the sd card?

It's on the mobile device (phone or tablet) you used while flying. Look at the instructions on the web page I linked to and it will tell you how to upload the log. Again, though, it would be better if you could start a new / separate thread.

They'll have you sync the logs from your mobile device and send in the aircraft, and from the synchronized log and the files on the Mavic they'll decide what they think caused the crash. If they think it was their fault they'll provide you with a replacement free of charge; otherwise they'll give you the option of paying for a repair.
2017-4-30
Use props
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-30 12:54

By any chance were you in Sport mode at the time of the crash? That mode disables OA.

Should I call DJI or how should I start this process?
2017-4-30
Use props
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-30 12:54

And my mavic has a broken gimbal, two broken arms and the battery is no use. will I have to send it in?
2017-4-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can contact our support via online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send in your drone and upload the flight log. We'll determine if the crash if caused by product issue or pilot error.

I have not heard of Obstacle Avoidance turning on/off by itself cases. Are you sure you didn't switch to Sport mode(where OA will be automatically turned off, as explained in the manual) and switch back?
2017-4-30
Use props
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-4-30 19:45
You can contact our support via online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send in your drone and upload the flight log. We'll determine if the crash if caused by product issue or pilot error.

I have not heard of Obstacle Avoidance turning on/off by itself cases. Are you sure you didn't switch to Sport mode(where OA will be automatically turned off, as explained in the manual) and switch back?

it wasn't in sport mode. it just kept doing it by itself. it did it like 4 times
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules