Gimbal Shakes with latest Firmware Revision 1.10.90
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8d64c204
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292208 ft
United States

I just updated my Phantom 3 Pro to Firmware 1.10.90 and now I have a shaky gimbal that I cannot correct. You can see what the gimbal is doing here:

Here is a video that I shot today on my earlier firmware (1.4). As you can tell, no problems with the gimbal prior to the firmware update.

However, my phone did an Android update to Android 7.0. Once that happened, I could no longer run the older version of the DJI Go app that I had installed. This required me to update the DJI Go app to version 3.1.5, which is the latest version available for Android, released on 4/1/2017.

That snowballed and I had to update my Phantom 3 Pro firmware to operate correctly with the new version of the DJI Go app. I downloaded the latest, Firmware 1.10.90 from the DJI website and used the download to SD card method to install the firmware to the aircraft. The update completed successfully. Log files from that update are attached to this thread.

I also updated the remote, utilizing the DJI Go App to update to 1.80

I did an IMU calibration immediately after installing the new firmware,  followed by a Gimbal calibration as well. Issue remains.

I have opened a ticket with DJI, but haven't heard a response yet. I have included attachments to this post with my log files if anyone wants to take a look. Interested in any suggestions on how to resolve this problem, as any footage is going to be unusable with the gimbal in its current state.

Firmware

Firmware

Gimbal Status

Gimbal Status

Gimbal Status Normal

Gimbal Status Normal

Latest Firmware

Latest Firmware

P3X_FW_LOG_AB.pdf

63.75 KB, Down times: 6

Full Log

P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.pdf

35.31 KB, Down times: 2

Simple Log

2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know have you tried to format the SD card then upgrade it again with the bin file?
Also you can try to unplug the pin cables attached to the gimbal, wait for a while, then plug them in tightly.
2017-4-5
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

Mine sporadically does the same thing but not quite as severe. Turning the drone off and then back on again seems to rectify the problem. If it continues, I will be sending it back for repair again.
2017-4-6
Use props
AngelFireHamons
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-5 23:48
May I know have you tried to format the SD card then upgrade it again with the bin file?
Also you can try to unplug the pin cables attached to the gimbal, wait for a while, then plug them in tightly.

I will give both of those ideas a shot and see what we get. Will let you know the results. Thanks for the suggestion.

Spencer
2017-4-6
Use props
AngelFireHamons
lvl.1
United States

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-4-6 02:03
Mine sporadically does the same thing but not quite as severe. Turning the drone off and then back on again seems to rectify the problem. If it continues, I will be sending it back for repair again.

Power cycling didn't work, but I am going to give Natalia's suggestion a try...formatting the SD card and trying the upgrade again, as well as unplugging the pin cables from the camera.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

AngelFireHamons Posted at 2017-4-6 07:29
I will give both of those ideas a shot and see what we get. Will let you know the results. Thanks for the suggestion.

Spencer

Please keep us posted, Spencer, thank you.
2017-4-6
Use props
AngelFireHamons
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-6 18:46
Please keep us posted, Spencer, thank you.

Sorry, had to work all day. Just ran through the firmware process with a freshly formatted SD card. Did that first, but no change. Then, removed both wires from the camera assembly, pulled the battery, waited 10 minutes or so (not sure if there are any capacitors that may need to discharge), reinstalled the battery and booted the aircraft. Connected fine for flight controls. Removed the battery again, waited 10 minutes, reconnected the cables, reinstalled the battery and rebooted, same issue.

I did get a request for information from DJI support, so I provided that information today. Also posted another video - this time from the recording on the Phantom 3 Pro. Find it here:

Losing faith that this is something I can resolve locally.

Spencer
2017-4-6
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I had that same issue yesterday, but simply turning the drone off, then on fixed it.
2017-4-6
Use props
fans7f930d71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182379 ft
United Kingdom

This is on topic so please read on, sorry.
Are you using an android device to connect with or IOS?
I have had this and similar problems since updating to this AC firmware.
I have updated and rolled back both RC firmware and go app versions with out any success.
It seems to work ok on IOS though.
My problems include video lag, camera points off centre whilst in flight, etc.
This only seems to happen with an android device.
I have re updated AC firmware many times with the same outcome and each time the log shows an error on the same line as you are getting,

[00014604][11 01][00] v1.8.0.0 -> v2.0.0.33, firmware v1.8.0.0 not support.

I have spoken to DJI technical support (??????) to be told it is to do with the code for mobile devices written into the AC firmware.
Others have suggested that these problems are to do with the RC and / or go app.

Does anyone know what this line refers to as I believe this is the root of the problems as they have only come up since updating to AC firmware 1.10.90

2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

AngelFireHamons Posted at 2017-4-6 19:17
Sorry, had to work all day. Just ran through the firmware process with a freshly formatted SD card. Did that first, but no change. Then, removed both wires from the camera assembly, pulled the battery, waited 10 minutes or so (not sure if there are any capacitors that may need to discharge), reinstalled the battery and booted the aircraft. Connected fine for flight controls. Removed the battery again, waited 10 minutes, reconnected the cables, reinstalled the battery and rebooted, same issue.

I did get a request for information from DJI support, so I provided that information today. Also posted another video - this time from the recording on the Phantom 3 Pro. Find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LPcm1OsexQ

Spencer, since you've done the basic troubleshooting, the problem persists, it needs to be sent in for evaluation.
Our tech support will help you create a case and guide you to send it to our service center, sorry for the trouble caused.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans7f930d71 Posted at 2017-4-6 22:43
This is on topic so please read on, sorry.
Are you using an android device to connect with or IOS?
I have had this and similar problems since updating to this AC firmware.

"11" stands for the battery module, it's not the reason for this problem, and according to the log, you've upgrade the firmware successfully.
2017-4-7
Use props
AngelFireHamons
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the help Natalia. When I got home yesterday from my business trip, I had an email from support instructing me to send it in for repairs, so I am going down that path now.  I hope I don't have to contend with this again in the future. This is why I used to keep old firmware / DJI Go app on my phone - you know, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Hopefully there isn't something that is going to require me to update the app / firmware if I don't want to once I get it repaired.

Thanks again for your response and moderation on here!

Spencer
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules