DJI failed to reply to ticket, now tell me I missed 7-day refund ...
5243 39 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanTup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13245 ft
United Kingdom

My Mavic is faulty (severly tilted horizon, calibration doesn't fix.. requires gimbal roll of 2.0 to be straight, but doesn't remain straight in flight). I've been waiting days for a response from DJI with nothing, so I've been asking every day on live chat what's happening.

Today they said I need to send the drone back (finally - though haven't given me the info to do so yet) but they will not extend my DJI Care Refresh to start only when I have a working drone. I pointed out that I've paid for 12 months and therefore expect 12 months. If they can't deliver that, I would like a refund.

Then I was told that I can't have a refund of anything because it's been 7 days. Today is day 7 from when I took delivery, and it's DJI's fault it still hasn't been handled.

I'm really sick of this; I just want what I paid for - a working drone and 12 months of cover from when I have it. Any advice would be appreciated; as if it's not resolved soon I think I'll end up sending the chat logs to PayPal and requesting a refund from them :-(
2017-4-5
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I had a reply from the DJI Refresh team confirming they can reset the activation date when I receive a new drone (despite live chat telling me over and over this was not possible). Progress. Now I just need someone to let me return my lemon!
2017-4-5
Use props
pan_de_ron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36017 ft
United States

hey Dan.. I sent my MP as a repair, and I have a DJI Refresh as well. The RMA is a timely process because of the back log they have. If it's a faulty gimbal due to manufacturing, they will asses that and should cover it under warranty. As for the DJI Care Refresh date, you can have the covered date be revised once you get your repaired/replaced Mavic back. I was able to do that by emailing DJIcare@dji.com, and explained to them that you were out a month's coverage when you just received the product.  Overall, it took me about 28 days (including weekends). I think their repair center works mon-fri.  Good luck to you.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This must be frustrating, DanTup.
Could you please provide me with your case number or ticket number?
I'll help to look into it.
2017-4-5
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-5 18:29

Mindy rocks.

Sometimes she comes back with good news.
2017-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-5 19:07
Mindy rocks.

Hope I can always bring good results.
2017-4-6
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-5 18:29

My ticket is 485573. I called the London number this morning and was told that I needed to call back in 1-2 hours because the person/team dealing with it was not working. I called back a few hours later and was then told that the person/team is not working (!!) and they promise I will get a reply within 24 hours.

This is getting silly; it's day 6 of my chasing and nobody will give me any information at all other than fobbing me off asking me to try again later.

These drones are not cheap and mine arrived faulty; the least I expect is someone to be able to talk to me about the problem and not try to send me away every single day
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DanTup Posted at 2017-4-6 09:06
My ticket is 485573. I called the London number this morning and was told that I needed to call back in 1-2 hours because the person/team dealing with it was not working. I called back a few hours later and was then told that the person/team is not working (!!) and they promise I will get a reply within 24 hours.

This is getting silly; it's day 6 of my chasing and nobody will give me any information at all other than fobbing me off asking me to try again later.

I can understand that.
There must be some misunderstanding here.
We will create a DOA case for you. And after sending it in, our engineers will evaluate your drone, if its accord with our DOA policy, we will arrange the replacement for you.
I have escalated the case for you. We will help to get it solved as soon as possible.
2017-4-6
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-6 19:52
I can understand that.
There must be some misunderstanding here.
We will create a DOA case for you. And after sending it in, our engineers will evaluate your drone, if its accord with our DOA policy, we will arrange the replacement for you.

With respect, I keep being told this. This is day 7 of trying to get help. I was told yesterday to call back in 1-2 hours and did, then was told I'd hear back in 24hrs, which have nearly elapsed and still no response.

There's no question of whether this meets DOA policy, I contacted you on Day 2 to inform you of the issue which i noticed on my very first flight.

If I've not heard back today I will be calling for a shipping label to send it back for a refund and if I don't get that, I will be requesting a chargeback.

I'm being strung along, nobody is replying and it's been a week. I really can't believe DJI have any intention of helping me at this point, or delivering what I paid for and I cannot figure out why.
2017-4-6
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Being fobbed off on live chat again.  No matter when I contact you by chat or phone, morning, lunch time, evening, the people dealing with my ticket are apparently never working. Why can't anyone tell me what timezone they are in? Why don't they ever respond when they are at work? I'm starting to think these people don't exist and I'm being led in circles because you don't want to replace my Mavic. It shouldn't take 7 days for someone to respond to a ticket that has been escalated many times and responses promised.
2017-4-6
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Spoke to a supervisor (or at least, that's what I'm told) on the London number just now. I was promised that he will create a replacement case so I will get a case number and instructions on how to return the unit. He promises it will be replaced with a new unit (not a refurb) because it was faulty on arrival and that he will email me within 24 hours.

I don't know if I believe this because I've been lied to so many times in the last week; but we'll see. This is the last chance before I pass the chat logs and emails to PayPal requesting a refund, so I really hope he comes through.
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DanTup Posted at 2017-4-7 01:00
Spoke to a supervisor (or at least, that's what I'm told) on the London number just now. I was promised that he will create a replacement case so I will get a case number and instructions on how to return the unit. He promises it will be replaced with a new unit (not a refurb) because it was faulty on arrival and that he will email me within 24 hours.

I don't know if I believe this because I've been lied to so many times in the last week; but we'll see. This is the last chance before I pass the chat logs and emails to PayPal requesting a refund, so I really hope he comes through.

I'll help to keep following up the case for you.
After sending it in, if you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
I'll try my best to help you get this solved as soon as possible.
2017-4-7
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-7 02:18
I'll help to keep following up the case for you.
After sending it in, if you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
I'll try my best to help you get this solved as soon as possible.

I got the impression on the phone today that the supervisor will be creating a replacement case separate from the ZenDesk case I have (I'm not familiar with how it works); though perhaps unsurprisingly, I've still had nothing through (I hoped he would be doing whatever was required after our call).

I'm rapidly losing all faith in DJI. The day is quickly disappearing and since he confirmed he doesn't work weekends, that means he probably only has this afternoon to deliver on his promise.

This is the last "we promise this will be sorted in 24hrs" I am prepared to accept. I'm not chasing you any more, I will just escalate to PayPal. I don't know how so many promises can be made and broken. Is this happening to everyone, or am I some exception?
2017-4-7
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-4-5 19:07
Mindy rocks.

She's a robot dude!!!
2017-4-7
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Managed to get through to the supervisor on the phone again (I called since I'm concerned the call centre closes soon) and he again told me (again) I would hear back by the end of the day (however he also said he's monitoring it, suggesting it's not him dealing with it directly, so I have no confidence in this whatsoever). I asked him to send me an email confirming what we'd discussed, but like last time I asked this, the email was lacking any real information.

This is really turning into a saga. I just don't know if I can trust anything anyone tells me because every single day I've been lied to
2017-4-7
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Still no update, and the supervisor finishes in 10 minutes. I just asked on live chat and was told "they are working on it now and you will get the email within the day". I've heard that before.

If there's no email by the end of the day, I'm raise a dispute with Paypal and it will be up to DJI to arrange for their drone to be collected. Enough is enough.
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

She's doing the best she could and she's human being who can see your comment
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can have the product repaired and email djicare@dji.com and they'll extend the 12 month period for you, regardless of what the online chat promised (it couldn't be extended in the past).
2017-4-7
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks; I've had an email from the DJI Care address confirming they'll reset it.

After going on live chat and asking to hold on until the email came through (since they were still adamant it would "arrive within the day") and also tweeting, I finally got an email (I don't know which one resulted in it). I actually have two CAS numbers now (one given as DM on Twitter and one in the email I got - so I suspect the email originated from the live chat discussion). I apparently need a UPS shipping label in order to return to still can't sent it yet, but it's progress.

There was some conflicting info about what to send back (one said everything, other said just RC+Airfraft without battery) but since I've been promised a brand new unit because this was faulty on arrival, I'm just gonna ship everything back exactly as it was in the box with the expectation I will receive a new retail unit that contains everything.
2017-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DanTup Posted at 2017-4-7 23:00
Thanks; I've had an email from the DJI Care address confirming they'll reset it.

After going on live chat and asking to hold on until the email came through (since they were still adamant it would "arrive within the day") and also tweeting, I finally got an email (I don't know which one resulted in it). I actually have two CAS numbers now (one given as DM on Twitter and one in the email I got - so I suspect the email originated from the live chat discussion). I apparently need a UPS shipping label in order to return to still can't sent it yet, but it's progress.

Please send everything back. And you will received the shipping label within two business days.
I'll help to follow up your case.
2017-4-8
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-8 23:47
Please send everything back. And you will received the shipping label within two business days.
I'll help to follow up your case.

Will do. It's been almost 48 hours now but still no shipping label - is it a manual job that isn't done at weekends, or should it have come through by now?
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DanTup Posted at 2017-4-9 08:25
Will do. It's been almost 48 hours now but still no shipping label - is it a manual job that isn't done at weekends, or should it have come through by now?

Your case was created on Apr. 8 and it will takes about two business days to send you the shipping label.
It just pass the weekend, we will send you the shipping label as soon as possible.
2017-4-9
Use props
FI. Stanley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I got my refund also dji care refresh everything when smooth. I bought again my mavic at my retail store and bought dji care. I have to said I had very good experience with dji store. Only I had a faulty united now I have a good working drone I'm happy.
2017-4-10
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-9 23:29
Your case was created on Apr. 8 and it will takes about two business days to send you the shipping label.
It just pass the weekend, we will send you the shipping label as soon as possible.

Thanks; I've had my UPS label now, though I'm not sure whether it came as part of #485573 or #490579 and whether I need to complete the form I was linked to from #485573 (this has space for a case/RMA number, but I have two zendesk numbers and two CAS references and most recently a reply on#490579 that seems to be the most sensible responsive I've had the whole time!)
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DanTup Posted at 2017-4-10 12:10
Thanks; I've had my UPS label now, though I'm not sure whether it came as part of #485573 or #490579 and whether I need to complete the form I was linked to from #485573 (this has space for a case/RMA number, but I have two zendesk numbers and two CAS references and most recently a reply on#490579 that seems to be the most sensible responsive I've had the whole time!)

The email with the shipping label should tell you what ticket or case#.
2017-4-10
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-10 12:23
The email with the shipping label should tell you what ticket or case#.

You're right, it does

It also says "urchase Order Number:        RETURN". Is there a way to confirm this will be handled as DOA? It was faulty on arrival and I contacted you after 2 days (it's taken almost 2 weeks to get the shipping label!).
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DanTup Posted at 2017-4-10 13:12
You're right, it does

It also says "Purchase Order Number:        RETURN". Is there a way to confirm this will be handled as DOA? It was faulty on arrival and I contacted you after 2 days (it's taken almost 2 weeks to get the shipping label!).

You will have to talk to customer service about that.
It will come in and be evaluated, then repaired or replaced.
So it's up to the repair shop how they fix it.
If you contacted them about the problem before your 7 days then they may be able to return it but you need to return every item.But again, that is something you need to discuss with customer service as I provide technical support.
2017-4-10
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-10 13:35
You will have to talk to customer service about that.
It will come in and be evaluated, then repaired or replaced.
So it's up to the repair shop how they fix it.

Support already told me over and over it will be replaced with a new one; but I'm concerned about poor the poor communications between your teams since it's taken over a week of lies being told I'll get an email about returning it within 24hrs!

I have shipped it back today, the whole lot, exactly as it came to me. Everything is included and I've taken pictures and videos of the whole lot to show the perfect brand-new condition it is in. I made it clear on the form I was asked to include that a refurb will not be accepted because I paid for a new unit.

Forgive me if it sounds like I don't trust you, but I've had more lies and broken promises from your company in the first fortnight of being a customer than any company I've ever dealt with. I'll be happy once you deliver what I've paid for and I can go back to being a fanboy.
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DanTup Posted at 2017-4-11 08:42
Support already told me over and over it will be replaced with a new one; but I'm concerned about poor the poor communications between your teams since it's taken over a week of lies being told I'll get an email about returning it within 24hrs!

I have shipped it back today, the whole lot, exactly as it came to me. Everything is included and I've taken pictures and videos of the whole lot to show the perfect brand-new condition it is in. I made it clear on the form I was asked to include that a refurb will not be accepted because I paid for a new unit.

They will contact you when they receive it.
2017-4-11
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Amazing.. today I got an email asking me for a bunch of information - different to the email I had previously, including serial numbers of things like the controller... I didn't make a note of these and they're already on their way back.

The saga continues apparently nothing is straight forward Ref is CAS-559490-D7J8W1.
2017-4-12
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI received my drone three days ago, and still it shows as not received in the repair trace system. *sigh*
2017-4-20
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

DanTup Posted at 2017-4-20 09:36
DJI received my drone three days ago, and still it shows as not received in the repair trace system. *sigh*

You might as well go ahead and prepare yourself for a month or so of waiting and back and forth with DJI and then eventually you might get a new drone back from DJI.. Spend the month praying that the replacement you get doesn't have the same problems. Its a shame that a brand new product that is DOA takes this long to be replaced but that is apparently how DJI is comfortable doing business.
2017-4-20
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Fractures Posted at 2017-4-20 09:51
You might as well go ahead and prepare yourself for a month or so of waiting and back and forth with DJI and then eventually you might get a new drone back from DJI.. Spend the month praying that the replacement you get doesn't have the same problems. Its a shame that a brand new product that is DOA takes this long to be replaced but that is apparently how DJI is comfortable doing business.

There's no way I'm waiting a month. If there isn't progress in the next few days I'm just going to PayPal for a refund (I have chat logs and a timeline of all contact, all the broken promises, etc.). I love the Mavic but it's just not worth all this d*cking around any more.
2017-4-20
Use props
dazza.uk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 743110 ft
United Kingdom

DanTup Posted at 2017-4-20 12:43
There's no way I'm waiting a month. If there isn't progress in the next few days I'm just going to PayPal for a refund (I have chat logs and a timeline of all contact, all the broken promises, etc.). I love the Mavic but it's just not worth all this d*cking around any more.

Just read this thread, i feel your pain dude, the support system in place i dreadfull, i sent a battery in for warranty only to be told because of a scratch its not covered, the communication effort from dji is one of the worst ive ever had the un pleasure of dealing with,

I just brought a pahntom 4 and thats has tilted horizon and drifting camera issues but its not even worth talkoing to dji about it, i wont ever buy another dji product, shame because the potential is amazing, its whole heartedly let down purely bu custome service...
2017-4-20
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

DanTup Posted at 2017-4-20 12:43

I can feel some sympahty for you I have sent mine back and you have to take in consideration that it takes some days to get in the process. But when it's there the estimated days are pretty much accurate (from received to shipped back it was around two weeks for me) . I understand how it feels because I was annoyed also, then I realized that I was most likely not the only one that had sent mine back. I think the guys in Netherlands are doing great and show a lot of willingness to support and fix stuff (and the mods here).

However the process is to "slow" which have been stated several times in a lot of threads here and as a customer you want to feel "special". I think and hope that DJI is working on this not only saying it here because it most be very costly for them. First of all the DOA's and then this process when we (customers with problems) sends a lot of email, posting here and some calling. Ie. in a service organisation you should do all things possible to avoid "red calls". They have to adjust this thing about sending same information twice (serial number and so forth) cause that sends bad vibes, = not a controlled nor working process.

So don't give up, and I don't know if it's any comfort for you but at least I can tell you that there is hope.

Hope you get it back soon so you can be in the air a s a p.  
2017-4-20
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Flybee Posted at 2017-4-20 14:05
I can feel some sympahty for you I have sent mine back and you have to take in consideration that it takes some days to get in the process. But when it's there the estimated days are pretty much accurate (from received to shipped back it was around two weeks for me) . I understand how it feels because I was annoyed also, then I realized that I was most likely not the only one that had sent mine back. I think the guys in Netherlands are doing great and show a lot of willingness to support and fix stuff (and the mods here).

However the process is to "slow" which have been stated several times in a lot of threads here and as a customer you want to feel "special". I think and hope that DJI is working on this not only saying it here because it most be very costly for them. First of all the DOA's and then this process when we (customers with problems) sends a lot of email, posting here and some calling. Ie. in a service organisation you should do all things possible to avoid "red calls". They have to adjust this thing about sending same information twice (serial number and so forth) cause that sends bad vibes, = not a controlled nor working process.

I don't think the estimates are accurate at all. It took 2 weeks of being told "we'll get back to you in 24 hours" to get a UPS slip, and today is day 4 of them having my drone and it still shows as not received; yet they said it would be 24-48 hours from delivery. I would not be surprised if it's been lost. They shouldn't take 4 days to open the boxes of their deliveries and then update the system to show they have received the drone, even if they can't look at it yet.

I've been lied to so many times already that I just don't believe anything anymore.

It's funny that they sent me an email asking how their support process is! I'm not filling it in until I had my Mavic back though (since it might still get worse and I might be lied to again!)
2017-4-20
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Tomorrow morning it'll have been a week since my drone was delivered, but still hasn't been "received" according to the repair tool

Today I had the first honest email from DJI in this entire process, detailing what's happening where they're received and that this process is a bottleneck. Still no estimate (which, based on this email of things being processed first-come-first-processed should be reasonably easy to give based on what date the packages they're processing today were delivered) and I still think any bottleneck here can be fixed by DJI by dedicating more resources (it's not like they're short of cash!), but at least it's progress; I don't feel like I was lied to this time.

Still, I'm getting a little fed up of waiting. I'm not going to wait much longer before throwing the towel in and claiming my money back. It's been almost a month since I paid and I've still not even held a fault-free drone.
2017-4-24
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Finally my Mavic was processed. I have a UPS tracking number and it's due to be delivered on Thursday. I've been told it's new and not refurbished (though it's shipping from NL, unlike the original order which came from a fulfilment company in the UK?). Let's hope this one is not faulty!

I tried to order the Mavic bag today and when I checked out with Paypal, I got an error on the DJI site after being redirected back. Tried it several times in both IE and Chrome and it was the same. Live chat told me "there is no problem with the website" despite there clearly being one (I sent screenshots) so I have no confidence that'll get fixed. Let's hope Paypal require DJI to confirm the transaction before charging (certainly it doesn't show up as charged yet) so I don't have to chase for a refund for several attempts there!

Ordering stuff from DJI is somewhat exhausting!
2017-4-25
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hurrah, I finally have a Mavic again. Won't get chance to update firmware and test this doesn't have the same issue until the weekend; fingers crossed it's not a lemon!

The paypal issue was sorted too, so finally got my bag turning up tomorrow too.
2017-4-27
Use props
DanTup
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The saga continues... Despite being told once I had a working drone they would "reset the activation date" on my DJI Care Refresh, I emailed the details over (and was very explicit about it being a DOA and they'd said they would reset the date, not just change the serial number) and all they did was change the serial number over so I've lost a month of cover.

The support here is rather appalling. Nobody reads anything properly and nobody cares about the experience the customer is getting.

Needless to say, I won't be purchasing anything from DJI again, and if the Refresh cover isn't fixed within the next few days I'll be getting a refund via paypal (I have emails saying what they would do, and what they actually did).
2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules